27

The next day, after work, we were at S.T.A.R Labs to see Jay, Caitlin, and Cisco together at the computer. "Hey. You guys got anything?" Barry asks as we walk into the Cortex. "I think we found the next target for our 30-something meta-human-not-a-ninja Turtle." Cisco says and I squint my eyes at him. "How long did it take you to come up with that one?" Caitlin asks him. "It just came out of my mouth. Did you see that? That was amazing." Cisco says and I roll my eyes. "Central City Museum is hosting a special-tie event tonight showcasing The Crystal Ball." Cisco says and I look at the article on the computer seeing that it was a painting. "It's a famous painting, apparently, recently recovered from Markovia." Jay explains and I nod. "The painting is on loan to the museum from the Silverberg family. Jacob Silverberg, himself, said, "The painting's safe return means more to us than all the money in the world." It's like they're begging Turtle to rob it." Cisco says and I nod. "Ok, yes. This is a plan. So, the Turtle will make his move, and we can be there waiting to take him down." Barry says and I nod. "How do you look in a tux?" Caitlin asks Jay and I smirk at her. "C'mon. He's 6'2", he's square-jawed and he's jacked. I think he looks fine." Cisco says and I nod in agreement. "I'm 6'4"." Jay corrects Cisco and I laugh. "Yeah, yeah. Say what you wanna say. My man looks hot in a tux." I say with a smile as I look at Barry and wink.

"Aww, how cute. Don't make me puke." Cisco says and I chuckle.

"Cait, help me pick something out? I'll call Iris to help us." I say and she nods.

"Getting ready already?" Barry asks looking at us.

"Never underestimate the ways we women try to look good for you goofballs." I say and Caitlin laughs with a nod. "I'll see you later." I say kissing Barry then pull away.

"See ya." Caitlin says and we walk out.

*~*~

Iris, Caitlin, and I were checking through mine and Caitlin's pile of dresses and tried it on. "How about this?" Caitlin as wearing a seafoam green long sleeve dress that ended above the knees. "No. Too sexy." Iris says and I nod as I pick out a purple high-low strapless dress. "Not right for an art show." Iris says and I nod as I hang it in my closet. "This one?" Caitlin asks holding up a long blue dress with a sequin strap on the right shoulder. "Yep. That's the one." I say and Iris nods. I see a black off the shoulder strapped dress that fit around the curves and flowed to the bottom with black lace at the hem of the dress and I grab it and hold it up to my body as I turn to Iris and Caitlin. "Tori, that looks beautiful!" Caitlin says in awe and I smile. "Try it on! See how it looks on you!" Iris says and I change into the dress then look at the mirror with wide eyes. "Tori, you look stunning! Barry's gonna flip out when he sees you tonight!" she says and I smile at her.

"Ok, ladies. I think my job is done here as an outfit advisor for a date/hero-duty event." Iris says and I laugh.

"See ya!" I say and she walks out then I look at Caitlin. "You wanna stay and get dressed here?" I ask her.

"No. I think I'll get dressed at home. I'll see you later." she says and I wave at her as I take off the dress.

I go to the bathroom and take a quick shower. I walk out of the bathroom and go to my room, locking the door behind me so Barry doesn't come in. I put on a strapless bra and my underwear, then I put one of Barry's old t-shirts and get ready. I blow dry my hair, do an elegant makeup look, then I curl my hair and spray the curls to secure them. I suddenly hear a knock on the door and I knew who it was. "Not letting you in!" I say as I look through my jewelry case to look for earrings and a necklace. "Did I do something wrong to make you lock me out?" he asks me worriedly making me giggle. "No. You didn't do anything wrong. I just don't want you to see me till we get to the museum." I say putting on dangled diamond earrings, a diamond necklace, and silver pumps. "Come on, Tori. Let me in." he says and I just roll my eyes with a smile. "I'll meet you there. Love you!" I say to him as I pick out a red lipstick. "Ok, see you there." he says and his footsteps fade away.