37

I walk over to her as she turns to face us, "He's not dead. He's not dead." she says trying to convince herself the most. "Caitlin." Barry calls her as I slowly walk over to her. "He's not dead. He's not." she says still trying to convince herself. "Caitlin." I call her as I see her slowly breakdown. "This isn't happening. This isn't happening again." she says and soon I was in front of her trying to comfort her and Cisco joins us. "Hey, I got you. Come on." he says to her and they walk out of the basement. I look back at the others with a frown, "Open it up." Barry says and I look at him. "Allen." Harry calls him as Barry walks to the speed cannon. "I need to go back." he says to Harry. "I can't do that." he tells Barry. "Open it up!" Barry yells at Harry and I rush over to him and put my hand on his chest. "Barry! The breaches are closed. All of them. We couldn't go back, even if we wanted to." I tell him and he sighs. "Why can't we just open one of them?" Joe asks and I look at Harry. "The quark matter energy that we used to seal the breaches, it prevents them from being opened. Ever again. There's no going back to our world." Harry replies to him.

"Wait." I hear Jesse say and I look at her. "We're trapped here for good?" 

"Yes." Harry responds to his daughter.

I turn back to Barry, seeing him look away and I frown at him. "Look, we can't just let Zoom get away with this. He just murdered Jay right in front of us." Barry says and I try to calm him down. "There's gotta be something we can do." Joe says to Harry. "There's not. Not this time." Harry replies and Barry sighs as he looks away. "It's over." Harry says, but Barry shakes his head and leaves the room. I go up to the Cortex to see Cisco sitting with Caitlin until she fell asleep, then he walks over to me. "Where's Barry?" he asks me and I just shake my head not wanting to talk about it. We stay silent and I see him look at the goggles in his hand, and that's when I see Barry walk in. "How's she doing?" he asks Cisco and we all look at a sleeping Caitlin. "Not good. I tried to get her to go home, but she refused to leave. So, you know, I just sat with her until she fell asleep." Cisco replies and I look at her. "First Ronnie, now Jay. She must be devastated." I say as I lean on the door frame with crossed arms. "Yeah. I'm afraid of what this double dose of grief is gonna do to her. I mean, she's pretty shell-shocked." Cisco says and I look at him.

"She'll be fine." Harry tries to assure us. "Snow's strong. She'll get passed this. In the meantime, I would not say anything to her about her counterpart from my Earth. That goes for Richard, too."

"Why?" Barry asks him as we all look at him in confusion to why we need to keep this a secret.

"Because you don't wanna influence their reality in ways it should not be influenced." he replies.

"Like in the same way as when Barry time-travels?" I ask him.

"Exactly. But also, what's the point?" he replies and we all look at him. "Those people are not your people. Their lives are not your lives. Never were, never will be. Bury it, move on. Yes?"

"Yeah. That I can do." Cisco replies.

"Sure. I guess. My dad doesn't need to hear anything that happened there." I say.

"Allen?" 

I look over to Barry and see him nod then he grabs my hand, and we head home. When we got home, Barry started packing everything he needed with his speed and when he was done, he grabs me and makes us fall on the bed. "What do you think you're doing?" I ask him and he just holds me close to him. "Nothing. Just... Seeing that happen... I just don't want to lose you." he says as he rubs his thumb in circles on my waist. "Barry, you won't lose me." I say to him and he looks at me. "I won't let anyone hurt you, Tori." he says to me and I give him a small smile. "And I won't let anyone hurt you either." I say to him and he kisses me passionately.