4

After rehearsal, I had gotten a text from Barry to meet him at S.T.A.R. Labs instead because he needed Cisco's help with the evidence. I rolled my eyes and hail a cab, then I head to S.T.A.R. Labs. When I walk into the Cortex, I see Cisco looking through a huge magnifying glass looking at the sand particles from last night. "Ok, how much did I miss?" I ask walking over to them. "Nothing much." Iris says and I nod as I fold my arms. "What is this stuff? Sand?" Cisco asks holding up the vile with the particles inside and Barry and I shrug. "It's not sand. It's human cells whose myosin-two protein have migrated to the cells' periphery." Jay explains and I turn to look at him. "Jay's a fellow science nerd." Caitlin says and I sigh. "Great. I may be dating a science geek, but that doesn't mean I know how to speak science geek." I say and Barry laughs as he wraps his arms around me from behind. "Those cells have the ability to rearrange and harden, giving them the appearance of sand." he explains and I nod understanding that sentence now.

"Mmm, how do you know this?" Barry asks him.

"They belong to a metahuman I've fought before named Sand Demon." Jay says.

"I know you're new here, so I'm just gonna break it down for you. The whole naming the bad guys thing, that's my jam. But you know what, I'm gonna let you have that one, 'cause I actually kind of like it. I'm not mad at that one. Is that Barry's sweatshirt" Cisco asks and I hold back a laugh as I roll my eyes.

"Oh, uh, sorry. It was all we could find." Iris says and I look up at Barry who furrows his brows.

"I was gonna say 'cause it looks smaller on you, right?" Cisco says with a chuckle and I just look at him with a scrunched brows. "I gotta do this thing." Cisco says walking back to his computer. "So, who is this Sand Demon?" Iris asks him and I wondered the same thing. "I don't know his name, but I know how to stop him." Jay says, but half of me wanted to trust him and the other half thought that he was a bad person, like Wells was. "You know what, I think we'll be fine on our own." Barry says and I look at him and look back at Jay. "Look, Barry, I don't know what else I can do to prove to you I'm on your side. I've been poked, prodded, I even subjected myself to a full body scan." Jay says and I look at Iris. "I was being thorough." she replies and I just give a small smirk. "Sand Demon's from my world. Let me teach you how to stop him." Jay says to Barry and I look up at my boyfriend again. "Yeah, I don't need you to teach me anything, Jay." Barry replies to him and I look back at Jay again.

"Zoom sent Rothstein here to kill you. He must've sent Sand Demon here to do the same thing. Don't you get it? Anyone close to the Flash, all of you, are in a lot of danger!" Jay says.

"Alright. If you were so good, you would've caught him already." Barry says letting go of me and walking over to Jay with a glare. "Let's get Jay back to his cell."

Caitlin escorts Jay back to the Pipeline as Barry walks away and I frown at him then look over to Iris. "Do you think he's being a little over exaggerated about Jay?" she asks me and I shrug. "To be honest, I'm torn between trusting him and keeping him in that cell in case he is lying." I say crossing my arms. "Why don't you just read Jay's mind again to see if he really is lying?" Iris asks but I shake my head in disagreement. "I can't. The cells are structured to block out any meta's powers, plus he'll know about me reading his mind." I say and Iris sighs. I hear Barry woosh out and I knew something was up. "I gotta go. Have to get back to work before I get yelled at." Iris says and I smile at her and nod. When she was gone, I couldn't help to think why Barry sped out like that.

*~*~

After a while, I was helping Caitlin but we stopped to CC Picture News talk about a new Star City, formerly known as Starling City, vigilante named the Green Arrow. "Looks like Ollie and Felicity are back." I say leaning on the table then walking up to the screen. "Catchy." Caitlin says and I nod in agreement. "I hate it when they put a color in their name." Cisco says and I smile at him. "Yo." Cisco says and I turn to see Barry walk in with Iris. "Yo." Barry says walking over to me and wrapping his arms around me. "The sample you gave us... Not sand. Definitely human cells." Cisco says. "Yeah, I know. It's not him. I get it." Barry says and I look at him with a raised brow. "I hate to say it, I think this Earth Two theory is starting to make sense." Cisco says. "For real?" Barry asks and look down starting to believe it as well. "What you think Jay is lying about the Sand Demon?" Iris asks him. "I don't know. That's my point. But I'm not gonna just believe some guy that walks in here and says a few things that sort of check out." Barry says and I look at him. "Sort of?" He was right about Zoom, Bar." I tell him and he looks at me with narrowed eyes. "We don't even know anything about Zoom. Or what is Zoom? Is Zoom even real? Right now, that's just, you know, a story around a campfire." he says and I sigh. "I mean, have you discovered a breach yet?" Barry asks Professor Stein turning to him with one arm still around me.