26

I was sleeping peacefully on the bed until I heard a gasp and I prop myself up on my elbows and look at Barry who was sitting up. "Barry? What's the matter?" I ask him putting my hand on his arm. "Nothing, Tori. Go back to sleep." he says lying back down and I look at him with furrowed brows. "Barry Allen, tell me what's wrong, or I will read your mind!" I say to him and he sighs as he sits up agian. "I had a nightmare." he says to me as he runs a hand through his hair. "About what?" I ask confusingly. "Zoom. He killed you." Barry says and I frown at him as he lies back down. I lay my head on his chest and feel his arms wrap around me tightly. "I'm right here, Barry." I say as I rub circles on his chest and we both drift off to sleep again, and this time, no one woke up with nightmares.

*~*~

I woke up only to see that Barry was gone. I sigh and just sit up as I run a hand through my messy tangled hair. I get out of bed, take a shower, get ready, and go to work. I know Barry's been worried about Zoom since he's been getting those dreams lately, but he's been guarded about it. He keeps me by his side at all times and never leaves me. The only time I'm actually without him is at work. I love being with him, but to have him stick by me 24/7 is making me feel trapped. "Is something wrong, Tori?" Jake asks as I snap out of my thoughts and look at him. "What?" I ask him not really paying attention. "Are you ok?" Jake asks walking over to the table I was sitting at and taking a seat next to me. "Yeah. I'm fine. It's just that, I'm worried about Barry." I say and I hear Jake sigh as he tightens his lips. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be talking to my ex about my boyfriend situations." I say to him as I twirl my thumbs. "No, no. It's ok. I'm all ears." he says to me and I look into his blue eyes and sigh. "It's just that... Barry's been having bad dreams lately, and we've talked about them. But he never leaves my side and the only time I get to be by myself is here. I love him, but I feel trapped when he's treating me like that." I say to him and Jake puts a hand on mine. "Maybe you should tell him that. You may not want to hurt him, but he might not stop if you don't say something." he replies and I nod with a deep sigh. "Thanks, Jake. I needed that." I say and he smiles. "Anytime." he says and we get back to work.

After a while, I hear my phone ring and I see Barry's picture on my phone. "Hey, babe." I say as I answer the phone. "Cisco called me saying something about a new meta. I'm gonna go get you." Barry says and I sigh. "Barry, we actually need to talk about that." I say to him as I walk away. "Ok, we can talk later. First, we deal with the meta situation. Then, we can talk." he says and I sigh. "Ok. See you soon." I say and hang up as I grab my stuff. "I gotta go, Jake. I'll see you tomorrow." I say and walk outside. I was swooped up speedily and I was suddenly in S.T.A.R. Labs to see Caitlin sitting at the computer with Jay next to her, Wells standing on the other side of the table, and Cisco was standing a bit farther. "As some of you may well know, I've been deeply embroiled in a secret, one-sided battle with an invisible enemy." Cisco says and I look at him in confusion. "No. Not the Turtle again." Cisco says and I raise a brow. "Who's the Turtle?" I ask looking at Caitlin confusingly. "Cisco's  white whale." Caitlin tells us which gets me even more confused. "Half whale, half turtle." Jay says and I look at Barry who looks confused as well. "Mmm, no. Do you see what you're doing, Caitlin? Everybody's confused now." Cisco says and I just shake my head as I lean it on Barry's chest. "Get to it." Wells tells him which I actually agreed with. "I stumbled upon a few of these cases when we were looking for the Reserve-Flash. Robberies that were seemingly committed at high-speed. People holding their beloved items one second, those items were gone the next." Cisco says pulling up an article. "Tell me what you see." he tells us pulling up footage of a public place. We all watch the footage as the people were doing their daily routines, and suddenly everyone froze except one man who had his hood up unable to capture his face.

"So he can, what? Stop time?" I ask Cisco.

"No, no, no. Look at the time code. It's still running." Cisco says and I look to see he was right.