32

I feel my senses start to come back and I flutter my eyes open to look around seeing that I was in the hospital. I look to my right to see my dad look at me with a kind smile. "Mija, are you ok?" he asks me and I lay my head back. "What happened?" I ask not remembering what had happened last. "Joe told me everything. A piece of glass from the car pierced your shoulder. But you're gonna be alright." my dad says and I groan. "That was brave of you to risk yourself for Iris." dad says and I chuckle a little. "It's what I do, daddy." I say to him hearing him chuckle, but then remembering that someone was missing in this picture. "Where's Barry?" I ask him as I turn to face him, but he frowns. "He had to go back to S.T.A.R. Labs. He said he had to get Tar Pit." dad responds and I sigh and nod. I suddenly hear a knock on the door and see it open showing the West family. "Hey, Tori. How are you doing?" Iris asks in a sweet voice as she walks in. "I feel like I could nap for a week." I say and she chuckles at me. "That's probably the grogginess from the sedative." Joe says and I knew he must be right. I look over to Wally seeing him hold a bouquet of flowers and I smile at him. "I wanted to thank you for saving my sister, Tori. And I'm sorry about the injury. I brought flowers for you." he says placing the bouquet on the little table in front of me. "Thank you, Wally. They're beautiful." I say to him with a smile and he returns the smile. I suddenly hear a ringtone go off and I turn to see Joe look at his phone.

"It's Barry." he says and I sigh.

"Go." I tell him and he looks at me. "I may be missing the action, but it's worth it knowing that Iris is ok. I'll be fine. Tell Barry that his girlfriend said hi."

"Will do. I'll keep you updated on the action." Joe says and I nod.

"So is it just the three of you keeping me company?" I ask and they nod.

"Barry, had things to deal with before he came to visit you." Iris says.

"Yeah, I kind of guessed." I say to her.

"Get some rest, mija. You need it." dad says and I nod laying back down and shutting my eyes finding sleep almost instantly.

*~*~

I wake up not knowing what time it was, but judging from the sky seeing that it was dark, I guess it was probably midnight. I look to my right to see Barry sleeping there where my dad used to be. He wakes up and looks me in the eyes as he leans forward about to say something. "Before you say anything, this is not your fault. I made the choice to risk my life for Iris, it's what we do anyway." I say and he gives me a small smile, but I can see sadness behind those eyes that something else happened. "Barry, what happened?" I ask him feeling my heartbeat increase just by the sound of the machine, Barry can tell that I was worried. "Barry, tell me." I tell him and he sighs. "Wells was stealing my speed to give to Zoom." Barry says and I widen my eyes at him. "He was working for Zoom?" I ask and he looks down confirming my question. "Barry, I want out of here." I say and he looks at me with wide eyes. "Tori, you can't get out of here you need to heal." Barry says, but I shake my head. "I'll be fine. It doesn't hurt as much." I say to him and he sighs. "I'm gonna end up regretting this." he says and I smile at him.

Barry had argued with the doctor trying to get me out of the hospital, and he eventually did get me out. After I change into my regular clothes, he picks me up bridal style, grabbing my stuff as well, and speeds me to the house into his room. "We'll go to S.T.A.R. Labs first thing tomorrow morning, ok?" he says and I nod as he lays me on his bed. I watch him grab a box and pack some of the stuff in his room. "You ok?" I ask him knowing that it must've hurt a second time to see that Wells had betrayed him, and that this Wells was from a different Earth. "Yeah. It's just deja vu. Almost like we're kind of reliving last year." he says and I nod. I watch as he continues to pack his stuff and I just sit on the bed feeling useless. "Need help?" I ask him and he looks up at me. "No, I can handle this. Just get some rest, Tori." he says and I shake my head. "I'm not going to sleep if you're gonna be up, Barry. I know finding out that this Wells betrayed you was hard, again, but you can't deal with it alone." I say to him and he stops his packing then looks up at me. He stands up, walks over, and sits next to me on the bed. His arms wrap around me and I nuzzle into his warmth. "I'm sorry you got hurt." he says to me and I pull away slightly and look into his green eyes. "What did I say? It's not your fault, Barry. Don't put yourself in the ringer." I say to him and he just pulls back the collar of my shirt to look at my bandaged shoulder. "Barry, stop that." I say pulling the collar back over my skin, and I put two fingers under his chin and look at him. "I'm fine, ok?" I say and he nods and pecks my lips then we fall asleep.