13

Down in the basement, Cisco was setting up a course for Linda to practice with and it involved cardboard cutouts of each of us. One of him, Caitlin, Joe, me in my Hummingbird suit, and Barry in his Flash suit. "Dude. How long have you been sitting on this?" Joe asks turning a cardboard cutout of himself. Cisco then flips one of himself and I smile at him and shake my head, "It's important to have hobbies." Cisco says and both Joe and him laugh. "Yeah, and this hobby isn't freaky at all." I say looking at the cardboard cutout of myself then walk over to Barry and Caitlin as Linda comes out in the Dr. Light suit. "This is ridiculous." Linda says tugging on the sleeves of the suit. "No, it's not. You look just like Dr. Light." Barry tells her and we walk. "And with these gloves that Cisco rigged up, you'll be able to do what she does." Caitlin tells her. "Don't worry, they are totally safe." I tell her with a sweet smile. "-Ish." Wells says and I turn to him with wide eyes. "-Ish?" I ask in worry and Barry grabs my hand to keep me at bay.

"Oh, come on, it's gotta be believable, so they do fire and explode things. And you're gonna have to let her hit you with those blasts, once she gets the hang of it." Cisco says.

"Who exactly came up with this terrible idea?" Joe asks and I look at Cisco with a raised brow.

"Ok, it's not a terrible idea. The suit can absorb the blasts." Cisco says.

"For real or "ish?" Iris asks and I nod.

"What does a terrible idea look like to you, Cisco?" I ask him with furrowed brows.

"Ok, you know what? I like to think I can see the bright side of things, ok? Positivity, people." Cisco says and I roll my eyes.

Caitlin, Linda, Barry, and I walk over to the course and look at the cardboard cutouts. "Alright, alright. So, just hit the ones of me, ok?" Barry tells her and she nods. "Got it." she says and I can't help but bite my lip in worry. I see her get ready to shoot, but as soon as her hands go up, energy of light comes shooting out of the gloves hitting every cardboard cutout except Barry and it throws her back making me catch her with my telekinesis. I look back at Cisco with furrowed brows and I see him stand up from his chair. "Uh, you know what, I'm just gonna adjust those a little. Screwdriver." Cisco says and I nod. I levitate Linda to her feet as Cisco comes dashing over with the screwdriver. "Ok. So, um, do the opposite of that. And we'll have it." Barry says and I glare at him. "That's easy for you to say. You're not the one in her shoes." I say to him and he shrugs. Once Cisco was done with the modifications, he resets the course and Caitlin, Barry, and I follow Linda to make sure she gets the hang of it, and that she's safe. A cardboard cutout of Cisco comes down and she was about to shoot it, but doesn't. Then another one of Caitlin, but she doesn't shoot.

A cardboard cutout of Barry in his Flash suit appears and she shoots at it, but the glove catches on fire. "It's on fire!" Linda yells and I take it off with my telekinesis as Barry speeds to grab the fire extinguisher and sprays it at the glove. "My bad." Cisco says and I glare at him. After that fiasco, we continue with the course and a cardboard cutout of me appears, but she doesn't shoot. Then again one of Caitlin, Cisco, Joe, and me, but as soon as the one of Barry appears, she shoots and hits the cutout. "I did it! Did you see that?" Linda says excitingly and I nod with a smile. She lifts her hand for a high five and Barry was about to return it when light shoots out of the glove and to the others. I put a force field in front of them to protect them from the blast. "Y'all good? You ok?" Barry asks them as I take down my force field. "Sorry." Linda says and I smile at her nervously which she returns. "Why don't we head out of here now, Linda?" Iris says and they nod and head out.

*~*~

As soon as Iris and Linda were gone, Barry and I changed into our regular clothes and the others soon come in. "Ok. No offense to Linda but there is no way she can pull this off." Caitlin says. "Same here." I say walking out of the suit room. "Well, maybe if she didn't scream every time she fired." Wells says and I nod. "Yep. Linda had a rocky start, but she can pull this off. I know she can. Alright, did you find someplace near a breach where we don't have to worry about civilians getting in the way?" Barry asks. "Yeah, there's a place by the docks that's usually deserted at night." Cisco says to him. "Awesome. How are we doing with the speed dampener?" he asks Caitlin. "My tests indicate that it should work." Caitlin replies to him. "It will work. I'll tune up Ramon's gloves, make sure they work better." Wells says and Barry nods as he grabs my hand and we start to walk out. "Hey, we're actually gonna go through with this?" Cisco asks and I had to agree with Cisco on this.