56

At S.T.A.R. Labs, Barry had told us what Zoom wanted him to do. "So, Zoom wants to race you?" Jesse asks as I look at Barry confused. "Why would we trust him?" Iris asks and I nod in agreemen with raised brows. "He just wants to race. You know, it actually makes sense in a completely off-your-rocker sort of way." Cisco says. "That can't be everything he wants." Joe says and I nod in agreement. "It isn't." Harry says and we all look at him. "This Magnetar that's being developed by Mercury Labs, turns out it can act like a pulsar." Harry says and I furrow my brows in confusion. "What is a pulsar?" I ask as my non-scientific side asks for an explanation. "It's a power amplifier with a high magnatized, dense rotating core that could be easily weaponized." Harry explains. "Nah, that's not dangerous at all." Iris says sarcastically as we stare at the schematics of the pulsar simulator. "That's what happens to Earth-2. What happens in my vibes is because of this machine." Cisco says.

"That thing is powerful enough to destroy a planet?" I ask as I turn to Harry.

"Well, more than just a planet if it has the right power source." Harry says.

"Like what?" Jesse asks.

"Like me." Barry says.

We all look at him with wide eyes, "That's why he wants to race. He wants to siphon the energy I create when I run." Barry says. "He wants to siphon the energy off both of you." Harry says and I shake my head as I look at Barry. "When Jay captured me, he said that he used to measure his success by counting the number of victims he had. But now, he was gonna measure it by counting the number of Earths he conquered instead." Caitlin says. "He doesn't want to just destroy Earth-2, he wants to takeout every other planet in the multi-verse." Harry says and I look at him. "How many are there?" I ask him, and he turns to look at me. "Infinite." he replies and I look back at Barry. "Well, can he do that?" Jesse asks her father. "If he can create a breach to Earth-2 all on his own..." Joe says with a shrug. "He can get to all of them." Barry says with a nod of his head.

"One pulse to destroy them all." Cisco says.

"I guess I don't have a choice." Barry says and I look at him. "I have to race him. I have to win."

I look at him with wide eyes he stares at his suit, "I'm gonna go train so I can get faster to beat him." Barry says. He changes into his suit and heads down to the Pipeline. "We can't let him go through with this." Joe says and I look at him. "I know. I don't want him to go through with it either, but you know him, Joe. He's not gonna stop until he wins." I say as I cross my arms. "We need to come up with a different plan." Joe says, and I turn to look at him. "Like what? No matter what, Barry's gonna say that it won't work. That he has to race Zoom." I say to him. "What if Barry doesn't go?" he asks and I look at him in confusion. "What do you mean?" I ask him as I cross my arms, and he starts to explain his plan, to which we all agree on.

*~*~

After we discussed the plan, I grab one of my tranq darts, then head down to the Pipeline with Joe. The plan was to get Barry into one of the cells by knocking him out with my tranq dart. Joe was to distract Barry enough for me to throw the dart at him if Joe doesn't talk him out of it. "Ready?" I ask Joe telepathically and he nods. He walks into the Pipeline, and starts to talk to Barry. I breath in deeply feeling a bit anxious that I was going to knock out my boyfriend just so he wouldn't have to race Zoom. But it's the only way. "It's not that easy." I hear Barry say to Joe, and I start to listen into their conversation. "Yes, it is, just say "no." We find another way to stop him, together, like we always do." Joe says to him. "And do what, Joe? Just sit around, and wait from him to kill somebody else?" Barry asks and I inhale deeply. "Wally? Iris? Tori? You? No. No way. Especially not Tori." he says my name and I feel my heart ache. "He needs you, Bar. He needs your speed again, to get what he wants. We have the advantage here." Joe tells him. "All I have to do is beat him, Joe." Barry starts to say. "That saves the multi-verse. This whole city, all of you. I won't let another person I love die when I can prevent it." Barry says and I widen my eyes, knowing what he was saying. "This isn't just about racing Zoom, is it? You want to kill this guy." Joe says.