38

After a while of waiting in the Cortex, I see Barry's blur pass right by me, then scoop me up and in a second, we were a the West house hold. "So, how'd it go?" I ask him and he just sighs in disappointment. "Not good. Two A.R.G.U.S. men are dead now, and now King Shark knows that they're here looking for him." Barry says as he rings the doorbell. "I'm sorry, Bar." I say and he just shakes his head. "Not you fault, Tori." he says and suddenly the door opens to show Joe standing there. "Hey you two. I wasn't expecting you to come along, Tori." Joe says as we walk in. "I just needed to talk to Iris about picking out the furniture." I say and he nods. I then walk into the house and say hi to Wally and Iris. "Joe thought I should have you take a look." Wally says as Barry takes a seat next to Wally as Wally places his backpack on the chair. "So, this is what I got done so far for my project essay to get into CCU's engineering program." Wally says placing the laptop in front of Barry. "You wanna talk, Tori?" Iris asks me as she turns to me. "If you wanna listen in on their conversation, that's fine by me." I whisper to her and she nods. I turn back to Barry and Wally seeing Barry look through Wally's project essay.

"Turbine supercars?" Barry asks taking one glance at Wally.

"Turbines. Like jet engines?" Iris asks leaning on the table and I do the same.

"Yeah. Yeah, it'd use an engine like the ones they have in some helicopters only, it'd run on biodiesel." Wally responds.

"Cool."

"It's very cool." Joe says and I nod.

"Yeah, you're gonna wanna address the fuel economy issue here. I mean, it's a jet, so it's gonna burn through a lot of fuel." Barry says.

"Yeah. That's why I wanna use biodiesel. It'll run off of anything that burns with oxygen." Wally says.

"Ok, we also got a sound issue. Gonna wake the neighbors for sure." Barry says finding another negative.

"Anything else?"

I look at Wally with a frown, then look away with crossed arms. "Um... Well, I just want to help, you know. I'm just trying to make sure they don't have any reason to say "no." Barry tells him. "Ok." Wally says with a chuckle and I look at him with a raised brow. "Sorry, Wally, I didn't mean... I mean, it looks really good." Barry says and I look at him as he looks over to Wally again, then at me. I just shrug slightly not knowing what to say to him. "Alright, let's start over, ok?" Barry says with a chuckle. "Why don't we go through it altogether? Work it out." Barry offers him and Wally nods. "Sounds good." Wally says taking the seat next to Barry. "So, you said you wanted to talk." Iris says and I look at her and nod. "Yeah. Let's make some coffee first." I say and she nods walking over to the kitchen, and I follow behind slowly. I lean down to Barry and he looks at me, "Try to take it easy on him." I tell him telepathically and he nods and pecks my lips. I then walk into the kitchen with Iris to make the coffee. "So, what did you wanna talk about, Tori?" she says putting the mug of coffee in front of me, and I pour in the creamer in it. "I know that I've been a little off lately ever since we came back from Earth-2, but you have to understand that it was a whole different world, and it was pretty scary. Some things happened over there that I'm not ready to tell you yet, but I promise that I will tell you eventually, Iris." I say to her and she smiles.

"That's all I needed to hear from you. Anyways, shall we check out some other stuff for your apartment?" she asks.

"Definitely!" I say.

*~*~

After a while of looking at furniture, Iris decided to go to bed and try to finish writing an article for the paper. That just left me in the living room waiting for Barry and Wally to finish working on Wally's project. I just scroll through my phone casually, until I hear a little argument come from Wally. I turn to face the boys and just stare at them. "I thought we were supposed to be working on this together?" Wally asks Barry with furrowed brows. "Yeah, we are. I'm sorry, I'm just trying to speed things up in the process." Barry says and I quietly sigh. "Why? You got somewhere better to be?" Wally asks him as he starts to pack up his stuff. "No, I'm... Wally." Barry starts to say as Wally takes his laptop from him. "Alright. Do you have a problem with me?" Barry asks and I look at both of them again. "Who could have a problem with you? You're Barry, right? You're perfect. Never do anything wrong. Always this, always that. I mean, you even got the perfect girl you've always wanted." Wally says and I look at him. "Wally, it's..." Barry starts to say as Wally walks away, but the words don't come out. "I mean, take a look around you, man. You're in almost every picture in this room." Wally says and I stand up and look at him. "Wally, please don't look at Barry in that way. Your dad may look at him as a son, but that's because he was helping my dad raise him when we both came here. Other than that, Barry's lived with me since we were 11." I say as I slowly walk up to him with a frown. "You know, thanks for the help, but I'll just take care of this myself." Wally says.