23

I shoot up and look around for Savage, but I don't see anyone around other than Oliver, Barry, and Malcom. The three men look at me on the ground of the warehouse where we had met Savage. "Barry, what's going on?" I ask him as he kneels in front of me cupping his hand on my cheek. "I'll tell you later." he says to me and I nod. He scoops me off the ground and we go through Malcom's threat again. When we get back to the farmhouse, Barry puts me down and I look up at him. "We need to brief the team. Come up with some type of counter attack." Oliver says and suddenly memory flashes flash in my brain seeing Kendra and Carter being killed and me and Oliver fighting Savage. "It's not gonna work." Barry says and I snap out of my thoughts  and look up at my boyfriend as I take my mask off and he does the same. "What?" Oliver asks him and I know what Barry meant by that. The last thing I remembered was Kendra and Carter being killed, then everything was pretty much muffled and blurry barely being able to hear a word or see anything. "Nothing, alright. Never mind. I shouldn't have said anything." Barry says as we walk up to Oliver.

"What's going on?" Oliver asks Barry.

"Ok, look. This isn't going to make any sense to you, but I..." he sighs and I look at him.

"You time traveled. That's why we're back here." I say and he nods.

"What?" Oliver asks confused.

"Alright, so I traveled back in time with Tori from when we tried to take out Savage. I mean, later, when we try to take him down, in the future, and it doesn't work." Barry tells Oliver and I nod.

"You're right. That doesn't make sense to me." Oliver says.

"Our world is stranger than yours. To us, this is normal, kind of." I say to him.

"Well, maybe we'll use that to our advantage. You say that whatever we do against Savage doesn't work?"

Barry and I nod.

"Then we come up with a new plan."

"No. No, no, no. Ok, look, you can't. When I mess with time, I just... It doesn't end well." Barry says.

"But what you're telling me is that it already doesn't end well. Barry, people in our line of work, we don't get second chances. We need to take this one." Oliver says.

"Alright, I hope you're right." Barry says.

"Alright. Let's start with what went wrong." Oliver says as we walk over to the house

"You did. When we go up against Savage, your head's not in the game." I say to him.

"You're not yourself." Barry tells him.

"Why not?" Oliver asks us and I look over to Barry with a frown.

"Oliver, we--"

"Tori, why not?"

"Ok, are you planning on giving me a hair sample to run forensics on in the near future?" Barry asks Oliver.

"Yeah." Oliver responds.

"Well, Barry did run forensics on the hair sample, and you found out that the little boy that we bumped into at Jitters is your son, Ollie." I say and he looks at me with wide eyes.

"Then Felicity found out. And then you guys had a pretty big fight, and it sounded like it was over between you two." Barry says and I nod. "So, when we go up against Savage, you're not focused. And then Tori gets knocked out by Savage and Kendra can't access her powers and then the tech they're developing to counteract Savage's staff does not work. Everyone dies, Oliver."

Oliver turns to us with furrowed brows and I just bite my lip as I stare at him. "This time they won't. This time we do things differently." Oliver tells us and I nod. Once Oliver leaves I take a deep breath and run a hand through my hair. "Tori, what's wrong?" Barry asks turning me to face him. "What if things go wrong again? I don't want our friends to die again, Barry." I say with a frown as I cross my arms. Barry wraps his arms around my waist and I lay my hands on his chest. "We'll beat him this time. I know it." he says and I nod. He kisses me and we walk into the house hand in hand. We both change out of our suits, then we go home and get rest.