7

When we were in the Cortex, I laid Professor Stein on the hospital bed in the medbay, when he suddenly flames on blue again and starts tossing. "Hold him steady!" Cisco says. "I got it!" I say and use my telekinesis to hold him still. "He's dropping out." Caitlin says as Cisco puts something on his chest and pleading for it to work. "Cisco, we're losing him." Caitlin says again, but the tech attaches to his chest and Cisco turns to the computer and types on the keyboard. Suddenly, Professor Stein no longer had blue flames and he stopped tossing. "Dios mio. Thank God!" Cisco says and I nod in agreement as I put my arm down. "He's getting worse." Barry says and I nod again. "Look, I did what I could to re-engineer Dr. Wells' original stabilizer to quell the reaction, but I don't know what he used as a power source. Best I could find was the one from his wheel chair." Cisco says and I cross my arms nervously. "And how long will that last?" Caitlin asks Cisco as we walk out of the medbay. "Well, that's the problem is we had already used up most of it's energy trying to dampen the metas' powers during our little rogue air trip with Weather Wizard and company. I think we got a few days, tops." Cisco says. "Esto es perfecto! Un amigo de nosotros esta enfremo, y no sabemos porque." I ramble in Spanish and Caitlin and Barry look at me. "What? I tend to talk in Spanish when I'm nervous. You should know that by now." I say to Barry and he nods.

"He's stuck in bed?" Barry asks Cisco.

"Yeah. When he wakes up, I'm gonna transfer the stabilizer to this." he says pointing to a cane. "Give him a power cane. Get him moving."

"We got to figure out a way to save him." Barry says and I nod in agreement.

"I think I might know how to do that." Caitlin says and she walks over to the computer and puts something on the screen. "When the Particle Accelerator exploded, the dark matter that collided with Professor Stein fused with the Firestorm matrix and altered the normal molecular processes that occurs within his body. Those highly-reactive molecules needed something to bond with in order to stabilize." Caitlin says. "And that's where Ronnie came in." Cisco says and Caitlin nods. "Yes, and now that Ronnie is no longer a part of Professor Stein--" Caitlin was cut off from her sentence. "Those molecules don't have anything to bond to." Barry finishes turning to Caitlin. "And the longer he goes without merging, the more unstable he becomes." Caitlin says and I bite my lip. "Alright, so what do we do?" Cisco asks looking back at Barry, Caitlin, and I. "Find another participant." Caitlin says and I look at her. "Ok, cool, So how do we do that? Are we just gonna make a Tinder app for potential metahumans. 'Cause I'm pretty sure merging with Stein and randomly bursting into flames sounds like the biggest swipe-left of all time." Cisco says and I had to agree.

"Even if we could find someone willing, Stein can't just merge with whoever he wants." Barry says wrapping his arms around me and I nod in agreement.

"No, he can't. But I have done some research, and I found two potential candidates that might be compatible with him. They both were affected by the dark matter. And they were both admitted to the hospital showing symptoms of gene rearrangement mutation. And they both share the same blood type as Professor Stein and Ronnie." Caitlin says as she walks to the computer and we follow her.

"Ok. This is more than organ donation. We'll need more tissue typing to see if their bodies are compatible." Barry says.

"If I can isolate the genetic locus of the two candidates and cross-reference it with the mutations in Professor Stein, I might be able to find a match, and save his life."

"What do you need to do that?" I ask her.

"Blood samples." she responds and I look at Barry.

"Don't do anything stupid." I say to him as he pecks my lips.

"Never do!" he yells back at me.

"I can argue with that!" I yell back.

He speeds out with two test tubes, then comes back with the tubes full of blood. "Alright. Blood samples from both potential candidates." Barry says as he hands the test tubes to Caitlin and Cisco. "Damn! That was fast even for you." Cisco says and I couldn't argue with that. "I may have skipped the asking-for-permission part." Barry says and I glare at him. "Let's see if we can't find a match." Caitlin says grabbing the other blood sample from Cisco, who glares at Barry as well. "Mind taking me home?" I ask Barry since I know that I can't do anything to help here. "Yeah." he says then he picks me up bridal style and speeds me home.