2

I was at rehearsals with Jake again today waiting to hear from Barry, or someone. I had texted Iris to tell Joe that Barry couldn't do this alone anymore and she agreed with me. "Tori, is everything alright?" Jake asks and I lock my phone quickly and look at him. "Yeah. Everything's peachy. Let's get started." I tell him and we rehearse. A few minutes later, I get a text from Iris saying that Team Flash was officially reuniting in S.T.A.R Labs. I smile and stand up abruptly, grabbing my purse, and dash out. "I'm sorry. I have to leave early. It's a family emergency." I lie to Jake and he nods. I dash out, hail a cab, and go to S.T.A.R. Labs to see everyone there, minus Caitlin. Cisco asks Professor Stein about radiation in humans and he explains his answer to us. I suddenly feel a gust of wind and I look to see Barry. "What're you guys doing here?" he asks us and I look at Iris. "Working." we both reply and turn back to Cisco and Stein. "So, Caitlin was right." Cisco says and Professor Stein nods. "Yes, all humans contain small amounts of radiation due to contact with cell phones, microwaves, televisions, et cetera. Our bodies are natural conductors." Professor Stein explains again.

"I think our meta's been sucking up all the radiation around him and using it to power himself up." Cisco says.

"Which is why the X-ray machines at the hospital failed the day of the rally." Iris says.

"So, if we wanna find him, we got to look for places without radiation." I say and Cisco nods as he types.

"Alright, guys, I don't want any of you here right now." Barry says and I raise a brow at him and put a hand on my hip.

"Tough. You need your partners. You need your friends." Joe says.

"Barry, everyone in this room cares about you. But we also care about this city. We all wanna make a difference, and that means fighting metahumans, and that means working with the Flash." I tell him.

"You can't deny us that. Not anymore." Iris says and I nod.

"Got him. There's a three-block dead zone near a hazardous waste reclamation plant. It should be blooming with rads, and right now it's at zero." Cisco says.

"That's where you'll find your Atom Smasher. Because he absorbs atomic power and he, well, smashes." Stein says.

"It's official. Cisco broke Professor Stein of the nickname barrier." I say.

Cisco hugs Professor Stein and I smile at him and shake my head. "That's a great name. Welcome to the team." Cisco says to him and they shake hands. "Great. Guys, thank you. You can go now, alright?" Barry says and I put a hand on my hip and stare at him. "Barry, you need to let Cisco and Stein figure out a way to stop this guy." Joe tells him. "No I don't." Barry says going to walk to his suit, but I put a force field around him. "You do. And you need to let me help you out there. As much as you want to admit that you can do it alone, Barry, you can't. Even that new vigilante in Star City needs help." I tell him keeping Oliver's identity a secret from Iris and he looks back at me. "I don't want to see you get hurt." he says and I walk up to him. "You know just as much as anyone that I can handle myself just fine." I tell him as I drop the force field. I wasn't ready for what he did next. He distracts me by kissing me then speeds to put his suit on and speeds out. "Damn it!" I yell annoyed that he did that. "Barry left his comm system behind. We can't talk to him. He's on his own." Cisco says and I turn to face him with wide eyes.

"There has to be a way to know what's going on." I say walking over to Cisco.

"There is." he says and he starts typing on the computer.

"How are we gonna do that exactly?" Iris asks and I realize what he was doing.

"He's looking for the security cameras." I tell her.