24

It's snowing outside, decorations are being hanged in the house, and I'm snuggled up in a blanket with my boyfriend and a nice mug of Abuelita's Mexican Hot Chocolate with my own grandma's secret twist. What is that twist? Cinnamon and some liquor. What can I say? Christmas is coming! My favorite time of the year, because I get to spend time with family, friends, my boyfriend, and receive gifts, but most important in my religion is celebrating the birth of Jesus. Ok, so I don't think that Christmas is about the gifts, but I do know that it's about spending time with family and my religion, foremost. "Ok, I have a tree that needs decorating, mistletoe that needs to be hung, and a house that needs to be decorated too." Dad says and I smile at him as I take a sip of my hot chocolate. "Ok, I'll call Iris tomorrow to help me decorate the tree. You and Barry can decorate the house, and I'll hang the mistletoe over the doorways." I say and the men laugh. "Ok, that'll work. Come on, Barry." Dad says and Barry pecks my lips then gets up to help my dad decorate the house. I take one last sip of my hot chocolate and grab the box filled with mistletoes and hang them on every door way, but of course, being short, I couldn't reach the one in the kitchen.

"Care for help?" I hear Barry ask and I look at him with a smile.

"I would like some help." I say.

He walks over to me, picking me up and I laugh as I hang the mistletoe on the doorway and he slowly lowers me down. "We're under the mistletoe." he sings and I roll my eyes. "Yeah. The one that I just hung." I say and he laughs. "Tradition's tradition. You can't break tradition, Tori." he says and he leans in and kisses me. "I like this tradition." I say and Barry chuckles as he leans in again and kisses me. "When you two love birds are done, can you help me hang these lights?" my dad asks from the door and I turn to him and laugh. "Ok, we're coming." I say and I look over to Barry. "You coming, Rudolph?" I ask seeing him glow a light shade of red. "I'm not a Rudolph! I'm more of a Prancer." Barry corrects me and I nod with pursed lips and giggle as we walk out. After helping to decorate the house, I decorate the inside with fairy lights, some little trinkets and knick knacks of Christmas stuff and leave a gingerbread scented candle in the living room on the coffee table. "Wow, Tori. It looks nice in here." Barry says walking in with mugs of fresh new hot chocolate. "Thank you. I try my best." I say grabbing one of the mugs and peck his lips. "It'll look nicer with the tree, though." dad says and I smile at him.

"Ok, then, you and Barry grab the artificial tree in the garage and we can decorate it right now." I say and dad widens his eyes.

"Well, it's been a long night. I'll grab the tree in the morning, sweetie. Good night." Dad says and I laugh as he walks upstairs with the mug in his hand.

"You know, I can help you and Iris decorate the tree tomorrow, if you want." Barry says as we sit back down on the couch.

"I'd like that very much." I say and kiss him again.

I suddenly hear the doorbell ring and I get up from my spot next to Barry, put my mug down, and walk over to the door. I open it only to see Iris and I smile at her, "Iris! What a nice surprise! I was gonna text you right now to see if you wanted to help me decorate our Christmas tree tomorrow." I say to her. "I'd love to help, Tori." she says and I smile at her, but then frown when I see tears at the brim of her eyes. "What's wrong? What's the matter?" I ask her pulling her into the house and Barry looks at her in concern. "I'm so sorry. I can't keep this in anymore." she says and I walk her over to the dining room and serve her what's left of the hot chocolate. "I know that I was so mad at you guys and Dad for not telling me that you guys were The Flash and Hummingbird, but when I found out about this, I didn't know what to do." Iris tells us as she holds the warm mug in her hands. "What're you talking about, Iris?" Barry asks her and I take a seat next to her as I wonder the same thing as tears stained her cheeks. "When Francine came back, my dad told me not to trust her, and he was right. I didn't know how much." she starts to say and I look at her in anticipation.