39

We arrive at the harbor and walk down the path with Diggle, Lyla, and Caitlin as Caitlin tracks down King Shark. "What exactly is that?" Diggle asks Caitlin as he motions to the dummy that was standing on the light tower. "That, my friend, is bait." Barry replies and I nod as I look back at Diggle. "You made a Flash lure?" Lyla asks as she looks at us. "It's the best I could come up with given the time frame. It's rigged to mimic and enhance the electric field Barry's body generates. King Shark takes one whiff of that, cue the Jaws soundtrack. And I also stuffed it with enough tranqs to knock him out for a month." Cisco informs us and I look at Barry. "Which would make him a lot easier to reel in." Barry says and I nod in agreement. "And that container, strong enough to hold him once he's sedated?" Diggle asks. "It's made of promethium metal. It's impenetrable." Wells says and I look at Diggle. "Meanwhile, we'll be able to track King Shark with the device Caitlin's holding, and the cameras that are on that lure." I say and Caitlin nods. "Whatever he does, we'll have eyes on him." Caitlin says as Diggle and Barry walk in the opposite direction and I go with Caitlin and Lyla. "Alright, then. Let's go fishing." Lyla says and Caitlin and I nod as we turn to look out into the water.

"Caitlin, I don't understand why I can't be the one playing Quint in this scenario. I should be the one out there, not you." Cisco tells her.

"I need to do this." Caitlin says and I look at her.

"She'll be fine, Cisco." I say and she nods at me.

"Water is this monster's natural habitat. He's gonna be a lot stronger here. You sure about this?" Diggle asks Barry and I look at them.

"This ends tonight." Barry replies and I take a deep breath as I watch the water for King Shark.

*~*~

It's been a while since we've been here, and there was still no sign of King Shark. "Maybe he's not going to fall for this." Diggle says and I look over to him and Barry briefly before looking around for King Shark again. "He's a shark. He'll come." Barry replies and I sigh as I walk over to the edge of the dock, and look around. "Anything, Cisco?" Barry asks through the com and I listen for Cisco to notify us. "Uh, nope. Nothing that looks like it could be him." Cisco says and I start to get frustrated a bit. "You programmed the satellite though, right?" I hear Harry ask Cisco. "Yes, Harry." Cisco replies already annoyed that Harry was telling him this. "And you punched in the correct parameters?" Harry asks again. "You're insulting my intelli--" they continue to argue on, just building up my frustration. Suddenly, I hear Jessie ask Cisco about something, and that actually made me laugh, a tiny bit. "Like father, like daughter." I say turning my com off and stand next to Barry. "You really think he's gonna come?" I ask him and he looks at me. "Yes, Tori. I do." he says grabbing my hands seeing the frustration starting to build. "I know you wanna go home, Tori. I do too. But the longer we leave him out here, the more damage he could do to Central City." Barry says and I sigh. "I know. I just wish he'd show up already." I say and he nods. He kisses me briefly making me smile at him and he smiles at me.

"You ok?" I hear Caitlin ask Barry.

"Ever since Zoom beat me here and on Earth-2, I've been running away from things, instead of towards them. That needs to change." Barry says and I tighten my grip on his hands.

"We'll get you back there." Caitlin says.

"I know." Barry replies.

"Think of this as your first step. Or swim."

I turn to her as she smiles and chuckle, "That's pretty funny." I say and she nods. "Guys, incoming. He's headed for the bait." Cisco says in the com and I look over to Barry with wide eyes. We watch the Flash lure, when suddenly, King Shark jumps out of the water and grabs it with his jaws, then taking it down to the water with him. "He ate the lure!" Caitlin says and in victory and I look at her. "It's not over yet." I say to her and she nods in agreement. "Hey, reel him in, alright?" Barry tells Diggle, and he does as told. I bite my lip hoping that the lure did it's job as we reeled him in, but when the real was up, he wasn't there. "Where'd he go?" I ask feeling a sense of worry rush over me. "He's headed for the docks." Cisco says and I widen my eyes. "Caitlin, go." I tell her, and she runs away from the dock. "Get ready to fire!" Diggle tells the A.R.G.U.S. soldiers as we stood there, waiting for King Shark to jump at us. Suddenly, he jumps out of the water growling, and lands in front of us. I looked up at him as I clenched my hands into fists and glared at him. "Those guns won't stop me, Flash. First, I'll kill you. Then I'll kill them." King Shark says to him. "Oh, yeah? Let's do this then! Come on!" Barry says and he speeds off the deck and into the water and King Shark follows closely behind.