30

When I got home, I go up to my room and grab my laptop. I start to look at apartments for Barry and I. I could've gone with Barry and Caitlin to CCPD, but I just wanted to go home and see if I could find any apartments for me and Barry. I went from website to website trying to find an apartment that suited us. I finally see an apartment that was perfect for us with one bedroom, a spacious living room, an open space kitchen, and a powder room. I suddenly hear the front door open. "Bar, is that you?" I call out as I dash down the steps, but instead of seeing my boyfriend, I see my dad. "Nope, it's your loving father." he says with a smile and I laugh as I continue to dash down the stairs and embrace him in a hug. "How was your day?" he asks as he puts his stuff down on the sofa. "Good. Nothing much happening since I can't do anything adventerous with this bruised rib cage." I say and he smiles at me. "I know, but you'll be back to your old self in no time and kick bad guy butt." he says and I laugh. "Dad, can I ask you something?" I ask him as he takes off his coat and puts it in the closet. "Sure, baby." he says to me with a kind smile and I just bite my lip as I think of telling him this right now. "Um, well, what age were you and mom when you guys decided to move in together?" I ask him as shove my hands in my back pockets and chew on my lip.

"Close to yours and Barry's age. Why?" he asks.

"Well, Barry and I were thinking about moving out and getting a place of our own." I say to him and I see his smile diminish. "But we'll come and visit you, daddy. Promise. We just want to be alone in a home together."

"I get it. You don't have to explain why. You guys are growing up and you want some alone time with each other, and you can't have that with me around."

"Daddy, it's not that we don't like having you around. We love having you around, but we just want to find a place. Don't be sad."

"I'm not, mija. I knew this day would come, but I just didn't know when." I see tears start to form in his eyes and I embrace him again.

"If it's fair, we haven't found an apartment yet. I mean, I was looking some up, but I gotta talk to Barry about it first."

"I'm just glad you both are happy."

I hear the door open again and my dad and I pull apart to see Barry walk in. "Hey!" I say with a smile as I walk up to him and he kisses me. "Hey. I have to tell you something that is superhero related." he tells me and I furrow my brows and nod. "I'll just go make myself some coffee." dad says and I smile at him as he walks away. "What's wrong?" I ask him as he drags me with him to the couch. "Um, you know how Reverse-Flash took Dr. McGee?" he asks and I nod. "Well, Cisco said that he used Dr. McGee to get back to his timeline using tachyons, and at 9:52 he's gonna kill her and he's gonna leave." he says. "Cisco can see into the future? That's awesome, but I'm really worried for Dr. McGee. Have you guys found where they are?" I ask him but he shakes his head. "Ok, I'm coming with you." I say to him, but as I start to get up, he pulls me back down. "Tori, you can't. Your bruised rib cage." he says putting his hand on where my injury was. "Who said I was going out into the field? I'm just wanna go to S.T.A.R. Labs with you." I say and he smirks. "By the way, I found a space I think we'll both like." I told him as we walk out of the house. "Already? Did you tell your dad about us moving out?" he asks and I nod. "He said that he understood why we were moving out, and that he's happy for us." I reply. "Well, now that that's taken care of, I guess the only thing we need to do now is look at that space, right?" he asks and I nod. I feel him pick me up bridal style and he speeds us to S.T.A.R. Labs.

*~*~

When we get to S.T.A.R. Labs, Barry places me on the chair and I look at Caitlin, Cisco, and Wells. "Anything?" Barry asks Wells as he rubs his hands anxiously but Wells shook his head. We stayed like this for a while and I just looked at Barry. "No sign of tachyon activity." Wells says and I frown as I look at the time tick down. "We're running out of time. We gotta find them." Barry says walking over to me and putting his hands on my shoulders. "It'll take a few minutes for the device to reach full power once it's activated, but when we find it you're gonna have to get there fast." Cisco says and I look up at Barry as he chuckles at the comment. "Hey, Barry. Can I have a word with you?" Caitlin asks and he nods then walks with Caitlin a few feet away. I lean over to see Cisco do his thing and even though I didn't know what any of it meant, time just kept ticking and I prayed to God that we'd find them soon. After they talked, Barry walks over to me again. After a few minutes, the computer starts beeping signaling that Reverse-Flash and Dr. McGee were found. "Tachyons! 87th and Avenue J." Cisco says and Barry starts to pull away, but I grab his hand. "Be careful and don't be too rash." I tell him and he nods giving me a quick kiss then speeding into his suit then zipping out. "Must be one of Mercury Labs' off-site facilities." Cisco says as I look at him.