51

I sat on my legs still sobbing as I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders and I look up to see Joe look down at me. "Barry, he's gone." I say with sniffles as I look down at the fabric in my arms. "This wasn't... I didn't... I'm so sorry." Harry says and I felt tears flow like a river as I continued to cry and Joe embraced me tightly. "We lost him." Henry says as he chokes a bit on his tears. "No, no, no. He could've gotten knocked somewhere, or maybe even run there." Cisco says as he walks over to the computer Henry was at and starts typing something in. "Nothing on the GPS." Cisco says and I just hold the fabric closer to my body. "There were strikes all over the building." Harry says as he presses a button. "Jesse, come down here please." Harry calls his daughter, then runs a hand through his hair, but she hadn't answered. "Jesse? Wally?" Harry calls them and suddenly, Joe lets go of me and dashes out of the room with Harry behind him.

I continued to sit there, dazing off into nothingness as I continued to sob. Cisco walks over to me, squats down, and puts his hand on my shoulder trying to comfort me. But from what I knew, it wouldn't work. My heart was too broken to receive any comfort. "Henry, Wells' daughter is upstairs. The energy hit her, too." Joe says, but I don't turn to look at him. Henry said nothing as he stared off into space, "Her heart stopped beating. Henry!" Joe yelled him and Henry sighed. "Alright." Henry says, then he walks out of the breach room. "Tori, I think we should take you home." Joe says as he walks over to me, but I vigorously shake my head not wanting to go. "I'm not leaving!" I say as look at him. "I know you're upset, Tori. We all are, but with how you are, you should head home and get some rest." Joe says and I look down at the ground. "Joe's right, Tori. Go get some rest." Cisco says and I release my grip on the fabric and Cisco grabs it. He suddenly zones out, then gasps, "I saw him. I saw Barry." Cisco says and I look at him with wide eyes. "He's alive." Cisco says and I look at him in shock. "Are you serious?" I ask him and he nods slowly.

"Come on, Tori. Let's get you home." Joe tells me and I look back at him.

"Cisco, let me know if you see him again, ok?" I ask him as my voice shakes and he nods.

I hug him tightly and he hugs me back the same way, and Joe and I walk out. Once I step into Joe's car, I look down at my hands as I waited for him as he, Henry, and Cisco talked to Harry about it. Although I knew Barry was alright, tears still rolled down my cheeks. I was worried about him, I didn't know where he was, or if he was fine there. But knowing that he's alive just takes some weight off my shoulders. I just wish I could've done something to prevent this from happening. Joe then comes back to the car and turns it on. "Hey, Joe." I call him as I continue to look down at my hands. "I don't wanna go back to the apartment just yet." I say as I finally make eye contact with him. "Where do you wanna go?" he asks me and I look out the window and into the night sky, seeing the stars shine. "My dad needs to know what happened. He'll want to know what happened." I say. "Alright. I'll drive you to your dad's. I can keep you company there if you'd like." he says and I look back at him. "You don't have to if you don't want to." I say as I shake my head. "We'll talk about that when we get there. Right now, let's get going." he says and I nod.

*~*~

When I get to my childhood home, I walk up to the door and knock on it. My dad answers the door and smiles at me, but the smile fades when he sees the redness and puffiness in my eyes since I had been crying for a while. He looks up to see Joe, then looks back at me as I felt tears on the verge of falling again. "Mija, what happened? Where's Barry?" he asks knowing that I'd never visit him without Barry, unless Barry had a stuff to do at the precinct, or at S.T.A.R. Labs. I look at him as I felt the tears roll down again, and he knew from that look, that something had happened to Barry. I threw my arms around him and sobbed as he wrapped his arms around me. I walked into the house as Joe and my dad talked for a bit, then Joe left. Dad closes the door and turns to look at me as I sat on the couch. "Joe told me you were traumatized. Que paso, princesa?" he asks me what had happened in Spanish. "Um, it's a little hard to explain." I say with shakiness in my voice. "It's alright. Take your time. I'll make you a cup of coffee." he says and I nod.