45

I wake up in the morning to the sun shining in my eyes. I groan as I turn over in bed wanting to cuddle into Barry, but feeling an empty space beside me. I sigh as I open my eyes and turn to look at the ceiling. I get out of bed and take a long shower, letting the hot water run along my back to wake me up. Once I was out of the shower, I was fully awake and got dressed in a cream-colored crop top and a pair of light wash short overalls. I buckle one suspender and let the other hang off. I do my makeup and curl my hair, then I put on studded earrings and put a gold dipped amethyst necklace around my neck, letting it hang around my neck. I put on converse, grab my phone, and my keys, and I head to S.T.A.R. Labs.  When I get there, I see Caitlin sitting at the desk typing away. "Hey, Cait." I say as I take a seat next to her. "Hey, Tori." she says with a polite smile as she glances at me quickly, then turns back to the monitor. "Where is everyone?" I ask her as I look around with furrowed brows. "Barry and Cisco went somewhere with higher levels of residual trans-dimensional energy to open a breach. Harry, on the other hand, I have no clue where he is." Caitlin says and I nod.

After a while, the three walk into the Cortex and I see Cisco a bit shaken up. "What happened out there?" I ask as I look at Barry. "Nothing." Cisco says as he walks away and I look at Barry confusingly. "I don't know. We tried to open the breach with the goggles Wells re-vamped and he was doing it, but then stopped." Barry says and I nod. "Well, maybe he just needs a little talking to. I'll see what's up." I say as I start to walk away. "Tori, wait." I hear Barry call me as I stop in my tracks in the middle of the hallway and turn to him. "Yeah, Bar?" I ask him as he walks up to me. He wraps his arms around me and kisses me by surprise, but I kiss him back. "What was that for?" I ask him as he pulls away. "Nothing. Just wanted to do that." he says and I chuckle as I peck his lips and walk over to Cisco's workshop to see him working on the goggles. "Hey there." I say and Cisco turns to me. "I'm really not in the mood to talk, Tori." Cisco says as he turns back to his work and I walk in a bit further. "Ok, but that doesn't mean I can't give it a shot." I say as I take a seat beside him.

"What's going on? Why didn't you wanna open the breach?" I ask him and he sighs.

"It's just... It's hard to explain." he says.

"Ok. Then don't." he looks at me confusingly.

I use my telepathy and see him looking at his Earth-2 self, and him feeling like he would become Reverb. I stop reading his mind and frown as I look at him. "Cisco." I say with sympathy as I hug him tightly. "You will never be like him. You're kind, sweet, smart, and an amazing person at heart. He was just a cruel person who was selfish. You're selfless. You'd do anything for us just like we would do anything for you." I say to him and he pulls back. "But when he had felt that power, he said that he felt powerful and that he was like a god." Cisco says. "You and I both know there's only one God in this universe, and in any universe in that matter. But, just because you have these powers doesn't mean that you'll become him. When I learned about my powers, you were there for me. You were there for me when Barry was pissed about me keeping it from him. You were there for Barry when he learned new abilities. You were there for all of us, and we're all here for you because we're all family." I say as I put my hand on his shoulder and he smiles. "I may not be a fan of opening a breach to bring Zoom back in this earth, but when Barry has his mind set, he never goes back on it. He's stubborn. So, you wanna put these on and give it one more try?" I ask him and he nods with a smile. "Let's do this." he says and I nod.

We make our way out of the workshop and head into the Cortex to see Harry add something to the emblem on Barry's suit. "Hey. Cisco's ready to give it another shot. What's going on?" I ask as I look at Harry confusingly as Cisco walks up to him. "Harry's adding the speed enhancer to the suit. It's gonna be hidden behind the emblem in Barry's suit." Caitlin says and I nod. "You're all set. You won't even know it's there." Harry says and I could confirm that the device wasn't visible to the naked eye. "Because whoever said aesthetics aren't important?" Cisco says. "Not me. Let's go." Harry says and I look over to Caitlin. "Hey, Caitlin." Barry says to her and she looks over to him. "I know this is gonna be hard for you, but we have to stop him." Barry says to her. "I know, and I want to be supportive. I just... I can't face Jay. Whatever his real name is." Caitlin says and I look at her confusingly. "What does that mean?" I ask her and she looks between Barry and I. "Well, you remember when I was looking for his doppelganger, right?" she asks and Barry and I nod. "Yeah. I mean, you couldn't find him." Barry says to her. "Because there is no Jay Garrick on this earth. His doppelganger's name is Hunter Zolomon." she says to us.