19

After a while of searching for Kendra, we couldn't find a single clue or any sign of the bird man that took Kendra. I was riding with Oliver on his bike as Barry sped around the city and Cisco and Felicity were checking the Palmer Tech satellites for anything. "Guys, did you find anything?" Barry asks Felicity and Cisco back at the Arrow Cave. "I'm on it!" Cisco and Felicity say together. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! This is my house. Don't worry. We're gonna find her." Felicity tells him. "She's right, Cisco. We'll find her." I say as Oliver and I ride searching the perimeter for the bird man and Kendra. "I got 'em! 57th Street tower." Felicity says and I look at Oliver. "We're right near there." Oliver says as he turns the bike to head there. "Always a pleasure watching you work, Smoak." Cisco says and I roll my eyes. We near the tower and see the bird man fly in the sky. "We got eyes on 'em." I say as Oliver balances the bike as he pulls out his bow and loads an arrow. He shoots at the bird man, but he seemed to deflect them. The man throws something at the bike, and Oliver and I go flying then crash on the asphalt. I look up at the man with a glare as I stand up with Oliver. "Give us the girl!" Oliver tells him harshly. "Not gonna do that, Robin Hood." the man says to him.

"You're making a big mistake." I tell him.

"I'll take my chances." the man tells me and he throws his mace at us.

I cover Oliver and I with a force field, then I take it down and Oliver and I start to attack him. The man manages to knock Oliver's bow out of his hand and kicks my stomach making me stumble back. I take out my electric batons and dash back over hitting him with it sending volts through him. I dodge his on coming punch, but he turns to counter Oliver's punch and knees him. I do a roundhouse kick, but he catches my foot and flips me, but I land on my feet. I look up only to see him kick Oliver to the ground and he turns to me. I block his punches and see an opening, so I electrocute him on the stomach with one of my electric batons and he screams in pain. He pushes my arms away and punches my jaw then kicks me down to the ground. I groan in pain and slowly sit up only to see the man pick Barry up and fly to the sky. He drops him and I stand up widening my eyes, "No!" I scream as I dash over only to see Oliver shoot a zip line arrow at the building and Barry catches the line then zips toward us. When Barry lands, he looks at me, "I'm fine, Tori." he says and I nod. "We need to expose his wings." Oliver says and I look over to him. "We're open to suggestions." Barry says and I nod in agreement.

"What, now you're listening to me?" Oliver says.

"It's your city, Ollie." I tell him.

Oliver shoots arrows at the man and he comes diving in swinging his mace at Oliver, but he somersaults to dodge. The man comes flying toward us and Barry uses his whirlwind move to slow the man down. I throw my electric baton at his wing and Oliver shoots it wrapping a wire around him making him fall to the ground. Barry zips around the man as he untangles himself and Barry throws his lighting at him knocking him out cold. "That's my man." I say with a proud smile as I turn to Oliver who has a shocked reaction to Barry's new move. I jump on Barry embracing him tightly and he pants as he wraps his arms around me. "That's new." Oliver as he mocks Barry's arm in the way he threw the lightning making me laugh. "Yeah. Comes in handy." Barry says and I nod as I look down at the man. "Handy indeed." I say.

*~*~

Back at the Arrow Cave, we had chained "Birdman", as Cisco likes to call him at the moment, and kept Kendra somewhere else to calm down while we stared at the unconscious man. I see the man stir and his eyes open. He sees the chains and starts to struggle to get out, then turns to us staring at us with a glare. "Where is she?" he asks us and I squeeze Barry's hand. "What's your name?" Oliver asks him, but he seems to ignore the question. "You're putting her in danger and I'm the only one capable of saving her." the man says struggling again. "A very interesting perspective on what the word "saving" means." Thea says and he looks at her. "She's the love of my lifetimes, sweetheart. I was not gonna hurt her." he says and I just stare at him as he struggles again. "You need to let me go!" he says, but he stops struggling when he sees Kendra. "Chay-Ara..." he says but Kendra shakes her head. "My name is Kendra Saunders." Kendra tells him and I just look at the man again. "In this life. And I am, was Carter Hall. But this is not who we are." the man named Carter says.