21

I wish I could say that Barry and I were on time to meet Caitlin, Cisco, Oliver and the others at the farmhouse we chose team Arrow, Carter, and Kendra to hideout in, but I'd be lying if I did say that. By the time we got there, we see Cisco unload the van of his equipment. "You're both late." Cisco says putting the last of his equipment on the cart. "Yeah. It happens when you have a boyfriend who's always late. But we couldn't find the place" I say and Barry rolls his eyes as we head inside. "We need to find a way to neutralize Savage's advantage. Barry, Tori, you're late." Oliver says as we walk through the doors. "Don't yell at me." I say raising my arms innocently as I look over to my boyfriend helping Cisco. "Sorry. It turns out it's not easy finding the ass-end of nowhere." Barry says as he wraps his arm around my waist and I nod. "Yeah, for real. The roaming charges alone are going to bankrupt me." Cisco says typing away on his phone and I laugh. "We're discussing how to take away Savage's new-found power." Oliver says as we walk over to him and Felicity. "His magic stick thing." Felicity says and I chuckle at her comment. "Uh, Staff of Horus." Carter corrects her and she nods understandingly.

"Well, it's protected by some kind of energy field. Kind of like Tori's force field ability." Barry says and I nod.

"He couldn't lay a finger on him." I say crossing my arms.

"Maybe wear mittens next time." Felicity says.

"What if we made some sort of insulated gauntlets?" Caitlin asks.

"Ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah. The magnetic shielding could disrupt the..."

"Staff's magnetic polarity." Felicity finishes Cisco's sentence and I hardly understand the three apart from "insulated gauntlets".

"Ah, nerd talk. My favorite talk of being part of team Flash." I say sarcastically and Barry smiles at me.

"Well, while geek squad works..."

"Heard that honey" Felicity calls as she walks out with Caitlin and Cisco making me laugh.

"While they work to get the staff away from Savage, we need to know everything there is to know about him." Oliver says as he walks into the living room.

In the other room were Laurel and Thea, unpacking their bags. "I googled "reincarnated nutjobs" and came up with nothing." Thea says and I smile at her and shake my head. "Uh, Kendra and I would be the reincarnated nutjobs. Savage is merely immortal." Carter corrects her and I glare at him. "Yeah, that's not helping." I tell him and he shrugs at me. "Merely?" Laurel asks as she looks over to Oliver. "Welcome to the new normal." Thea says and I nod as she walks past her brother. "You have no idea." I say as Barry leans on the door frame and I lean on him and he wraps his arms around me. "Anyone who's been around for 4,000 years should leave a trail. I'll check with A.R.G.U.S. See if they have anything on him." Diggle says and he walks away. "Uh, Laurel and I can check police reports and stuff like that." Thea says to Oliver and he nods. "Good. We need to find and utilize your new ability." Oliver says as he walks over to Kendra. "My ability?" she asks seeming confused to what Oliver had said. "It might give us an advantage." Oliver says and I nod in agreement. "Yeah. Whatever you do, don't let him train you. I'm sorry, but when it rains, I can still feel where you shot me with those arrows." Barry says and I smile at him.

"My training with him went well." I say and Barry looks down at me.

"That's because you weren't shot with arrows." he say and I keep my smile as I look up at him.

"You have a super healing ability that lets you heal quick. I don't have that luxury." I say was we walk away from Oliver, Kendra, and Carter hand in hand.

"True. But you do have this luxury." he says and he crashes his lips on mine taking me by surprise, but I kiss him back.

I feel him grab my waist and pull me in close as I wrap my arms around his neck. We both pull away and he leans his forehead on mine and I open my eyes to look up at him. "I like that." I say and he laughs as he leans in to connect our lips once again. We had time in our hands to spare, and since everyone was working on something, Barry and I just sat on the couch hand in hand. "You know, I thought that fighting meta-humans were hard, but fighting an immortal with a magic staff seems to top all that." I say and Barry wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me in. "We'll stop him, Tori." he tells me and I look into his green eyes and nod. "Do you know what's going on with Oliver?" he asks me as I lean my head on his shoulder and I shrug. "Wish I could say that I did. He promised me that he'd explain everything, but I still haven't gotten that explanation." I say to him and he looks down at me as I look up at him lifting my head off his shoulder. "You're not still thinking about Zoom right now, right?" I ask him. "At the moment. No. But when this is all over, we have to go back to focus on him." he says and I nod. "It's just... He's a lot scarier and a lot tougher than Reverse-Flash. When he broke your back, I... I just felt broken." I say as I look down with tears at the brim of my eyes. Barry puts a hand under my chin and lifts my head so I could look at him. "I know it's scarier, but we'll stop him, too. I won't let Zoom hurt anyone. Especially you." he says wiping a stray tear that had rolled down my cheek and I give him a sad smile. He leans down and kisses my lips gently. I feel my phone buzz and I pull it out to see it was Oliver telling us to meet him and Malcom at a warehouse in the city.