28

I feel myself start to come to, only to feel my head throb like crazy, along with my side and hearing a clacking sound. I open my eyes and look around to see that I was in a different place. the room was surrounded with a bunch of valuable items. I wasn't home anymore, and my hands and feet were tied down to a chair with zip ties. I really hated being the damsel in distress, yet again. I turn to see Turtle typing on a typewriter and confusion runs through me as to why he brought me here. "What do you want from me?" I ask him as I struggle to get out. "I want you to stop moving... Forever." he says and I feel a chill pass over me. "What do you get out of killing me?" I ask him again. "Oh, I'm not gonna kill you. That's much too fast and messy. I like to take things nice and slow." he says and I scoff. "Yeah. I've noticed. You don't have to hurt me to try to prove a point." I say to him. "This isn't about hurting you. This is about hurting someone who values you." Turtle says to me and I know what he's talking about, but I had to play it safe. "Who, Barry?" I ask him trying to make it go unnoticed that Barry was the Flash. "No. The Flash." Turtle says and even though I was relieved, I had this overwhelming fear within me.

"What does he have to do with this?" I ask.

"I saw the way he saved you." Turtle says and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Yes, that's what he does. He's a hero. He saves people who need saving." I say.

"It's a waste of time saving people. They take everything for granted."

"So you take the things that matter most to them."

"My wife, Rosalyn, took me for granted. She wanted to leave me, the thing I valued most."

"So that's what this is about? You're hurt because your wife left you."

"I couldn't let that happen. So I made her mine. Forever."

He pulls the tarp down to reveal a glass case with his wife's body and I widen my eyes and gasp in fear. He pulls out something from the typewriter, and pulls another tarp down to reveal an empty glass case and inserts the paper. "I do hope I spelled your name right." he says and I feel the fear start to settle in. I just shut my eyes tightly as I prayed to God that Barry would speed in here in time to save me. 'Barry where the hell are you?" I think as I see Turtle grab something and I see that it was a needle connected to some sort of chemical. He walks over to me with the needle and I struggle as he puts a hand on my arm. "No!" I cry as he was about to insert the needle in my arm, when he suddenly pulls it away and stands in the middle of the room. I see Barry speed in and I look at him in worry as Turtle uses his power and slows Barry down. I see Barry unable to move as he watched Turtle walk up to him. Turtle throws a punch at Barry and continues to punch him and all I could do was sit here and witness it. Everything returns to normal and he speeds out leaving me clueless to what he was planning to do. "I guess he didn't care about you as much as I thought." Turtle says turning and walks over to me. He suddenly grabs a knife off of the table and I widen my eyes again feeling more fear. "No! No! No! Please--" I begged, but soon I hear a boom and I see Barry speed in as Turtle uses his power, but Barry kept running. Turtle tried to slow him down more, and more, but it just wouldn't work. Everything suddenly goes back to normal and Barry rams into him, throwing him into the wall and knocking him out. I looked at the knocked out villain on the floor and then turn to see Barry walk over with the knife cutting the zip ties from my wrists.

"Barry." I sob as he presses his forehead on mine as I wrap my arms around his neck and his hands cup my face wiping the tears away.

"I'll never let anyone hurt you, Tori." he says and his lips land on mine. "Ever." he says and he kisses me.

*~*~

We were back at S.T.A.R. Labs and Caitlin checked on me to see if I was ok while the guys went to the pipeline to introduce Turtle to his new home. "You have a bruised ribcage, and a minor concussion. Take it easy for a while and ice your head when you get home." Caitlin says and I nod. Barry soon comes in and looks at me worriedly, "You ok?" he asks me. "I'm fine. You know, I hate being the damsel in distress. Can't things change about that?" I ask and Caitlin smiles. "I know what you mean." she says and I just stand up. "I think we should get home now." Barry says and I nod. "But can we take a cab. My head's killing me and I don't think I can deal with your super speed at the moment." I say and he nods. He changes into his clothes, and we head home. When we were home, I take at least three aspirins and put an ice pack on my head. "You really had me scared then." Barry tells me and I look at him. "You were scared? I was terrified that he was gonna make me into a human statue like his late wife. It was like that villain in Star City a while back. The Doll Maker." I say and Barry grabs my hand as I lay on the couch and puts his hand on the ice pack. "Hey, Oliver did save Laurel and Felicity from the Doll Maker guy. And I saved you from Turtle." he says moving a strand of hair from my face. "Yeah. I just want this day to end." I say as I grab the ice pack and move it away from my head. "It will, Tori. I promise." he tells me and I smile at him. "Carry me upstairs?" I ask him as I lift my arms towards him like a kid and he laughs. He picks me up bridal style and I hold onto his neck as I lay my head on the crook of his neck. He takes me upstairs and lays me on the bed gently. He carefully lays next to me and he puts the ice pack on my head. Then after a while, I feel the ice pack come off my head and I fall asleep in Barry's arms that keep me warm and the last thing I feel were Barry's lips landing on the side of my head.