53

It was hell in Central City. Turns out Zoom brought his followers from Earth-2 to try and take over this city. People called it the Metapocalypse. Barry zipped around the city, taking the Earth-2 metas down and putting them in Iron Heights. Barry had suddenly become this confident man filled with positivity after we had gotten him out of the Speed Force. It was becoming a bit too much to handle. Ok, maybe I was putting it a little too nicely there. It was annoying. But, I couldn't argue with him no matter even if I tried. We had gotten to S.T.A.R. Labs and started to head for the Cortex, "We usually take these guys down one at a time, not 100 at a time." Barry says to me and I nod. "And yet, you don't seem overwhelmed." I say to him as I look at him with furrowed brows. "I know we can do it." he says confidently with a smile, when suddenly, Cisco dashes toward us. "Guys, you have to come see this." Cisco says and we hurry to the Cortex to see Caitlin being checked by Henry. "Caitlin." I say in surprise as we saw her. "She's in shock. A little dehydrated and malnourished, but I think she'll be fine." Henry says and she nods with a small smile, then she looks at Barry. "I'm ok." she says to him as I look at her with a frown. "What happened? How did you get away?" Barry asks her as he kneels in front of her.

"He let me go. I didn't think he would, I thought it was a trap. But he told me you were dead." Caitlin says to him with a shaky voice.

"I'm not. I'm right here. We're all here. Together." he tells her and she nods.

"Snow, Jay's not here. You're safe." Harry tells her, but she shakes her head as I see tears in her eyes.

"He's gonna overrun the city, you can't stop him." she says shakily.

"Yes, we can." Barry tells her. "Listen to me: he's not going to succeed. We've got this. This is our Earth." 

"You don't know that. You don't know what he's capable of." 

"I know from being in the Speed Force that the universe is with us, not Zoom. And if the Universe is with us, how could we possibly lose? Right, guys?" Barry turns to us and I look down as I rub my arm.

I didn't like ignoring Barry, but this new found confidence in him lately was wearing us all. "Yeah, yeah, right." Jesse responds to him and I look back over to Caitlin. "You've been through a lot. You should get some rest, come on." Barry tells her as he walks her to the medbay. "You were in the Speed Force?" Caitlin asks him as she looks at him confused. Barry starts to explain to her what had happened here while she was gone as they walked to the medbay. "Ok, I'm gonna say it. Um, we don't think he's being a little too--" I cut Cisco off knowing what he was about to say. "Overconfident? Yeah, maybe it was his time in the Speed Force. I mean, he's acting like he's invincible now or something. He was telling me about his expeirence inside of it last night." I say as I cross my arms. "Yeah, like nothing fazes him anymore, which isn't--" Harry cuts Henry off. "Realistic, no. Somebody needs to talk to him before letting his guard down gets him hurt, or worse." Harry says. "I mean, he did bring me out of my coma. That's bound to make someone a little overly  chipper." Jesse says and I nod in agreement. "Well, like I said, somebody needs to talk to him." Harry says and I had to agree with him.

Cisco went to talk to Barry and I just sat out in the Cortex just waiting for a possible argument to breakout. Suddenly, there was a meta-human alert and I saw that it was coming from Mercury Labs. Barry and Cisco walk out and look at me, "It's coming from Mercury Labs." I say and I walk over to them. "It's under attack." Cisco says and I look over to Barry. "Alright." Barry says and we change into our suits. He speeds us over to Mercury Labs only to see the building collapse. "Keep holding the building up with your telekinesis as long as you can. I'll get everyone out of there." Barry tells me and I nod. I hold up the building with my telekinesis, when Barry suddenly speeds out with Dr. McGee. The building collapses fully and I sigh in relief knowing that everyone was out safely. "Thank you, Mr. Allen. You, too, Ms. Gomez." Dr. McGee says and I look at her with wide eyes. "I'm not stupid." she says and I chuckle as I smile at her. "Didn't say you were, but it's what we do." I say and we look back at the building.