20

We were back in the Arrow Cave, but Oliver walked ahead  of us. "We need to check Central City for the staff." Oliver tells Felicity then he turns to us. "Kendra, you said you were drawn there?" Oliver asks her and I look over to her as she nods. "I think you're drawn to things that destroy you, the same way the two of you are drawn to each other." Oliver tells her and I look at him understandingly. "That's why it wasn't in any museum or private collection, because it was consecrated eight months ago at St. Mark's in Central City." Felicity says. "We've gotta get it before Savage does." Barry says and I nod in agreement. "Carter, stay here." Oliver tells him. "I'm not going anywhere." Carter says to Oliver, then he turns to Felicity. "Call Thea and Dig and we'll have them hold down the fort in case Savage shows up." Oliver tells her and she nods.

"Kendra, last year, I lost my powers. The only way I could get them back is if I just forget about everything happening around me, and focused on who I was." Barry tells her and I smile proudly at him. "Just believe in yourself, and your true self will emerge."

"Thanks." she tells him.

"Hey. Are you sure that you want to do this?" Felicity asks him as she grabs his hand. "If this guy's immortal and Merlyn's right about how powerful this staff is..." Oliver looks at us and I sigh looking at Felicity.

"We'll be fine. Kiss her." I say.

"We'll be fine." Oliver tells her and he kisses her.

Barry and I walk over to our suits, and I just stare at mine and sigh. "We'll be fine, right?" I ask Barry looking up at him and he nods. "We'll be fine, Tori. Kiss her." Oliver tells Barry and I smirk at him as he says the same thing I had told him. Barry crashes his lips on mine and I kiss him back with a smile. We pull away and the three of us change into our suits and Barry speeds us to a church in Central City. We walk into a room and I look around looking for Savage, but nothing. I hear Barry sigh and I look over to him, "What's going on?" Oliver asks him. "Nothing. I just like speeding into rooms, usually." Barry responds. "Uh-huh. And where do you think we find this thing? I haven't been in one of these places in a while." Oliver asks as we look around. "Yeah, well, I'm Catholic, so I go to church every Sunday. But this isn't a Catholic church, so... God, forgive me." I say and we all look to see the altar open. "We're too late." Barry says and I widen my eyes at the sight. "Something you're not used to saying very often, I'd imagine." I hear Savage's voice say as he appears out of nowhere. "Nope, you're on the right track." I mutter under my breath as I glare at Savage and Oliver loads an arrow into his bow and aims it at Savage.

"You tried those arrows once before, remember? They didn't quite finish the job, now did they?" he says to Oliver.

"I'm not gonna make that mistake again." Oliver says.

"You're gonna leave Kendra alone." I tell him and he looks a me.

"I can't do that. While my destiny is to live forever, Chay-Ara's is to die, as is yours now." he says.

He lifts the staff and it glows blue around the bird piece of the staff. Barry speeds away and Oliver shoots an arrow as I cover myself with my force field. Oliver keeps shooting arrows at him, but he blocks them with his own force field with the energy coming from the staff. I put my force field down and get scooped up by Barry. He hides us behind a pew and Savage shoots a blast on Oliver's side of the pew's, but misses. "Any ideas?" Oliver asks him and I just stare at him. "Oh, now you listen to us?" Barry asks him and I nod in agreement. "It's your city." Oliver says and I glare at him. Savage shoots a blast at Oliver again and Barry covers me with his body. "Let's just try to get the staff." Barry says and I look up at him. "Alright." Oliver says and I shake my head. "That's not a plan." I say to him and he shrugs making me roll my eyes. "On my mark." Oliver says and Barry nods. "Be careful." I tell him and he nods. Oliver stands up and shoots an arrow at Savage, but he blocks it with his force field then Barry runs up to him grabbing the staff, but flies back and lands in a pew. "Flash!" I yell worriedly as I stand up I turn to Savage with a glare and take my electric batons out. Oliver and I come out of the pews and he shoots his arrow and I throw my batons, but they just come flying back to me. He pushes us back with a force and I land on the ground next to Oliver hard. Oliver, Barry, and I groan in pain as we sit up hearing Savage talking in a different language and I look at him. Barry walks over to Oliver and I, and he helps me up then Oliver. "In all my countless years, I've never encountered anybody with your capabilities. Astonishing!" Savage says and I look over to him again with a glare.

He lifts the staff again and blue energy surrounds the staff and Barry wraps his arms around me, getting ready to speed away with me. Suddenly, Savage widens his eyes and the blue energy disappears as he lowers the staff. "Chay-Ara..." he says and I widen my eyes as I know that he meant Kendra. "I used to enjoy slow deaths. Now, I just find them boring." he says and I widen my eyes and Oliver and I start to dash out only for Barry to speed us out of the church before it explodes and we land on the street. I turn to sit up and look at the church up in flames as Barry helps me up. "Any chance he blew himself up in there?" Barry asks and I shake my head. "Not likely, babe." I tell him as I keep my eyes on the church. "So that's like a tie, right?" Barry asks and I look at him with furrowed brows and squinted eyes. "I guess." Oliver responds and I roll my eyes. "I will take it." Barry says and I smile shaking my head. "I'll call Diggle and tell the others to get here." Oliver says and Barry and I nod.

The next day we were at Jitters and I look at Oliver as he looks at one of the television screens that says "Try "The Flash" and I smirk. "Since when is that a thing?" he asks with a smile as he turns to Barry and I. "About eight months." Barry responds and I nod. "Yeah, and yet there's no drink or day named after Hummingbird." I say and Barry laughs as he wraps his arms around me and kisses my head. "Maybe if you save Star City, you might get one, too." Barry tells Oliver as we move up in line and he laughs. "By the way, we still need to get Savage." I say as my smile disappears and I look at Oliver. "We'll get him." Oliver says and I nod. Suddenly, we were shoved by a little boy and he drops his Flash action figure. "Watch yourself, buddy." Oliver says as he picks up the action figure and looks at it, then at Barry and the three of us chuckle softly. "Don't wanna lose this guy." Oliver says and I smile at the little boy. "Thanks, mister." the boy says and he walks over to a woman who was probably his mother. I turn to look at Oliver seeing him have a shocked reaction and I look at him with curiosity. "You ok?" I ask him putting my hand on his arm and he looks at me for a moment, then at the woman and her son. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." he says and I raise a brow. "Ollie, I have telepathy. I could just read you're mind, but I'm not gonna do that. So tell me." I tell him telepathically. "I'll explain it to you later, Tori." he says and I nod as we move up the line again. But I just couldn't help to think why Oliver had acted that way with the woman and her son. Whatever it was, I was determined to find out no matter what he says.