Chapter 16: Belmont Park and San Diego

KurtDestin's POV

I sat up typing on my laptop quietly when I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I say.

The door opens and Gabriella slips inside closing the door silently behind her.

"Hey KurtDestin, you want to go somewhere?"

"Sure. Where too? I don't know much about San Diego, to be honest."

"Don't worry, my parents use to take me here all the time as a kid! My grandparents lived her up until my grandfather passed. After that, my grandmother moved back in with my parents up until this very day. I love her dearly, but now is not story time! Let's go!" She smiled and yanked me out of the chair I was sitting in.

Pulling me through the halls of the hotel, we scurried downstairs, but were halted by Phoebe.

"Stop, you two. Where are you guys going?"

"I was going to take KurtDestin to a place for the day. We will be back in time for dinner at Olive Garden, like we agreed."

"Okay. We have a sound check tomorrow at 7:00 am. Don't forget, this concert is going to be big. People have already started buzzing about Hailey, your new backup singer."

"Okay. Bye, Phoebe."

"Bye." She said and we walked out of the door.

(Miranda's POV)

Riley and I just got off the plane and I turned my phone on.

The first thing I see flash to life on my screen is two texts. One from Vincent, and one from Lorraine.

I opened my phone and Riley gripped my hand.

"This is it." I muttered.

Dear Miranda Blake,

Lorraine: Hello, Miss Blake. As you are well aware of, thus is Lorraine Crane, CEO of Hot Weekly and we have seen all of the latest magazine covers mostly talking about young model, Miranda Blake, beating a camera man with his own camera stand. I have considered firing you many times for disgracing the name of Hot Weekly, but I have decided to keep you on your tour since you won the Hot Weekly Competition of 2015. You just better make your reputation better by the end of the summer, or else your fired.

Sincerely,
Lorraine Crane

"Oh my god. You're still in!" Riley squealed.

"Hang on, I got a text from Vincent." I said and began to read it.

"What does it say?"

"Oh my god!" I gasped with tears in my eyes.

(KurtDestin's POV)

The taxi finally stopped at Belmont Park and after we paid the driver, he took off.

"So this is where you're taking me?" I smiled.

"Yeah. My parents would take me here every summer. The main reason I came here, other than my grandparents, was to get some fresh air. Although this fresh air may smell like cotton candy and funnel cakes, it was where I came to have fun. My safe house."

"Well then let's go in, but I hope you know we are riding all of the biggest rides first. Hands up the whole time!"

"You're on, KDes!" Gabriella smiled and we ran to the ticket gate.

We started on the Beach Blaster, then Control Freak, then the bumper cars, then Ocotron, then the tilt-a-whirl, then Vertical Plunge, then Speedway, then the Liberty Carousel, then Submarine, and last but not least, Giant Dipper.

It was 6:30 and Gabriella and I were standing outside of the park waiting for our taxi ride to come. I had an ice cream cone, she had cotton candy, and we both had waters.

"That was the most fun I've had with you since when we were back in New York!"

"I agree. We need to do this more often. I miss hanging out with you. It feels like I'm getting separated from you and the others day by day."

"Yeah. We need to stay together. Once Miranda and Riley come back, we need to go on a vaca-" she stopped as my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Hello, is this KurtDestin?"

"Yes, why?"

"You own a house in California, correct?"

"Yes."

"I have a client here who wishes to rent it out for the time being. He is willing to pay all bills and $200,000.00 a month to you for rent. Is that okay? Your bank account on it is also currently slipping anyways."

"Yes ma'am. That will be great! I'll have  Phoebe take over. Thank you." I said and hung up.

"What was that about?"

"We are renting out the house."

"Dang. Well how much are they paying?"

"$200,000.00"

"Damn! We are going to be rich, haha. Hey look!" Gabriella pointed. "That's our taxi."

We got in the taxi and drove off.

___________________________

We pulled up at Olive Garden and walked inside to see Phoebe and the others all gathered around a table. We walk up and sit down.

"Hello, you two. How was your day out?" Hailey asked.

"It was cool."

"Oh, KurtDestin! I was talking to Phoebe and she has something to tell you guys."

"Oh, thank you, Hailey. She is right, I do have something to tell you all. I have decided that all of you have to be a part of KDes's team in order to come on this tour so that we have all hands on deck. I will pay you, but you must help out. If you don't have a job by the time we finish in Chicago, then you will be left there. Now let's order, I'm starving." Phoebe smirked.

___________________________

It's been a day since the announcement and now it's 10 minutes before the concert.

"Hey KDes. I thought I'd talk to you."

"Hey, Selena. Why are you a part of the tour?"

"I applied to be Phoebe's assistant for this tour. You were there the day that I was let out of that damn storage department on One Direction's tour bus. If you hadn't, I could of died! I literally survived 3 months because of Niall's damn Twinkie stash and those emergency water bottles! But, your my friend. I have dedicated my career to making sure yours is successful. Now let's get on with this show, shall we?"

I got on stage and the curtains opened. The intro for Flashlight started and I began to sing.

A/N: Hey guys! What did you think of the chapter? It's officially here! I will be updating a lot now and I hope you all like it. So what will happen to the tour guests? Will they get dumped in Chicago? Or will they be able to come up with a job to stay on the tour? And what was so shocking about Vincent's text? Find out next chapter where the crew goes down to Chicago! Thanks!
~KurtDestin