Chapter 23: Graduation in Richmond

(KurtDestin's POV)

We all entered the auditorium in our cap and gowns and were in line for our names to be called.

"Lyllianna White."

"Helena Ferguson."

"Miranda Blake."

Miranda walked up smiling wide as they handed her the certificate and she joined the others.

"KurtDestin Kingston."

I hurried on stage and took my certificate happily.

"Cassidy Hues."

"Bailey Anderson"

"Riley Wells."

"Cindy Wu."

"Lindsay Dean."

"Aaron Rogers."

"Vincent Blake."

"Piper Cullen."

"And your valedictorian, Gabriella Monét!"

"Now turn your tassel. And I pronounce the Graduating Class of 2016!"

We threw our hats in the air and smiled as wide as we could. We hugged each other and I saw Bailey running towards me. I opened my arms and we met with a kiss. In that moment, everything was perfect...
___________________________

We went to the Shoppe afterwords and everyone was all sitting together. That's when everything went from exciting to shocking.

The doors to the restaurant opened and revealed faces that felt like old memories. Gabriella, Cassidy, and my parents entered the door along with Miranda's guardian.

"Hello, KurtDestin." My mom smiled.

"Mom!" I yelled and hugged her and my dad after.

My parents have always been the 'cool stereotype' parents. All my friends like them and they like most of my friends.

"Cassidy!" The father smiled.

"Daddy!"

Cassidy's parents got divorced when she was 8 years old. Her mother left Cassidy with her father that same year and ran away. She's been with her dad ever since.

"Gabriella?" The mother asked "Brooke?"

"Mom!" The two of them yelled.

Gabriella's parents got divorced a few years ago, but are still great friends. While Gabriella lived with her mom, Brooke was spoiled by their dad.

"Miranda!" The woman yelled.

"M-Miss Briars!" Miranda said shocked.

Miranda is adopted. She never knew her parents, but Miss Briars took her in at the age of three. For a long time, Miranda saw Miss Briars as her mother. A week before we left on the One Direction tour bus at the concert in New York, Miranda found out the news. She learned that Miss Briars wasn't her real mother and didn't tell Miranda that her parents had abandoned her. Ever since that day, Miranda has been sealed off from our old life.

"Mom, dad, what are you guys doing here?" I exclaimed.

"We came here to see you. Last year when you said you were going to school in Richmond, your father and I were hysterical. Cassidy, Miranda, and Gabriella's parents talked it over. We came to an agreement and let you guys do your own thing. The only one who wasn't so 'in on this' is Miranda's mother..."

"Daddy, what are you doing here?" Cassidy asked shocked.

"I came to see my little girl! How have you-" He began.

"Mr. Hues?" Misty asked walking towards us.

"It's Dr. Hues. I'm a well-renown plastic surgeon back in New York. Once, I even did plastic surgery for Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey."

"Well, Dr. Hues, here." Misty said handing Daniella to her father "I thought you'd like to meet her!"

"Oh no..." Cassidy sighed in worry.

"Why would I want to hold this baby- Wait! Cassidy, why am I holding this child?" Cassidy's father said angrily.

"Because... It's my baby. Daniella is my baby." Cassidy said taking Daniella back "She's your granddaughter."

"Mom, what are you doing down here?" Gabriella asked "You can't afford to be down here!"

"I came to see you. I know we don't have the money, but I needed to see my daughter! I love you Gabriella!" She said pulling Gabriella into a hug.

"Miranda!" Miss Briars yelled.

"M-Miss Br-Briars! W-Why are y-you here?" Miranda stuttered.

"I'd asked you the same thing!" The woman yelled "You didn't even contact me when you left! I was worried sick at first! All up until the other parents filled me in!"

"Look, I'm tired of you and your games. That's why I never called. You lied to me and I can't trust you because of it! I want you to leave." Miranda stated firmly.

"And I never want to see you back at my house ever again! You are a disgrace and I hope you rot in hell!" Cassidy's father yelled and left the building with Miss Briars.

"We better go, and Cassidy, Miranda, there's something we'd like you to remember. You are our children too. Love you all!" My parents smiled and left.

"Here mom," Gabriella said writing her mother a check "That's a lot of money. Use it to fly back home and pay off some of our bills that we owe."

"I love you, Gabriella." The mother said and hugged her.

Afterwards, she left and we resumed our night. And even though things will change forever, nothing could stop us from having a good night.

A/N: Hey guys! So what's next? Cassidy being disowned, Miranda letting out her early emotions, Gabriella's mother being in debt? Find out soon! Thanks!
~KurtDestin