Chapter 18: Cleveland and The Melt with Samantha

I walked into the big screen room and saw Hailey talking on the phone with someone.

"No, Zane! I will not! We aren't getting back together! Who are you calling a jerk? You need to back the hell off of me! I have feeling for someone way better than you!" She hung up the phone.

"Zane?" I interrupted and sat beside her. "As in Zane Beckett? My old arch rival?"

"Yeah. We went out a couple of times, but I dumped him. He kept trying to take my virginity."

"I'm taking a break from my girlfriend because she lost her virginity. It really hurt, but I also feel bad. She was drugged, it wasn't really her fault, right?"

"I guess not, but there was something else I came her for other than this tour. I came for you." She came in close. "I want you back."

Before I could back away, our lips met and it was like everything from my past was coming back, New York, my old friends, my popularity, my entire life in New York.

I pulled back and said "Look, Hailey, I will always care about you. I just don't feel anything for you anymore. You just are too big of a part of my past, and I don't want to live in the past. I'm... I'm in love with Bailey. Oh my god, I'm in love with Bailey. I have to tell her." I jumped up and ran.

"Oh, Bailey. You don't know what you've just done." Hailey smirked.

I took off straight to her room and opened the door.

"KurtDestin?" Bailey said "What's wrong?"

"I- I love you Bailey." I said and pulled her into a kiss.

Fireworks

She pulled away for a second and whispered "I love you too."

The kiss continued and got more passionate. That's when it went from loving, to awkward.

"Bailey?" Piper said astonished.

We quickly broke away and stared at her nervously.

"I was just leaving." I said and ran out of the room.

(Bailey's POV)

KurtDestin and I were frozen as we stared at Piper with her arms crossed.

"I was just leaving." KurtDestin said and took off.

Piper closed the door and asked "What was that?"

"KurtDestin, he said he still loves me. I guess we still have a chance!"

"Did you tell him, though?"

"No. I can't. He will hate me!"

"You have to tell him you haven't gotten your period yet! If you don't tell him soon, it will start to show and then he won't come back. That's when your relationship will be over."

(KurtDestin's POV)

I stopped to hear the pilot tell us to sit down because we are landing. I quickly entered a room to see Cassidy singing to Daniella.

"Hey Cassidy, do you mind?" I said gesturing to sit down.

"Go ahead. So how are you?"

"I'm okay, you?"

"I'm a little sad, actually. Ever since Louis and the others started there break from performing, Louis hasn't talked to me much. He's back in England with his parents. He said that Zayn and Perrie are thinking of getting a divorce because Zayn wants to get back in the business as a solo artist. He already came out with a song called Pillowtalk and it sucks. I'm so mad at Zayn!" Cassidy frowned.

"It's okay. What can you do?"

"Nothing, but Perrie and Zayn are so perfect, but oh well. I'll stop ranting. So what are we going to do in Cleveland?"

"Perform. Plus, Phoebe has another food recommendation. It's this place called The Melt. It's like a grilled cheese place. It's suppose to be really good. There's even some kind of food eating challenge!" The plane landed. "That's my cue."

___________________________

It was the day of the concert. I had just finished my sound checks and we had left to go to The Melt. We walked inside and had to push some tables together to sit with each other.

"Hi, what can I get you all?"

"Do you all like root beer?" Phoebe asked and everyone nodded. "Root beers for everyone."

"Okay. I'll be back with your drinks and ready to take your order!" The waitress said and skipped off.

We all gazed at our menus and all got various grilled cheeses, except for one of us.

"And last, but not least, what would you like, ma'am?" The waitress asked Cassidy.

"I'll take The Melt Challenge."

"Okay."

She walked off and we all looked at Cassidy like she was crazy.

"What? If I win, I get a $10.00 gift card and a free t-shirt! I can do it!" She smiled and took a sip of her root beer.

"Don't drink that until after you've eaten that challenge. It will make you less hungry." I winked and took a sip of my root beer.

We waited about 45 minutes just talking and the waitress came back and set down our plates. We are and theory minutes later, Cassidy chugged down her root beer and asked for another one with an empty plate in front of her.

"We will take another root beer for each of us and then we'll leave."

The waitress nodded and gave Phoebe the check.

"If you guys come back, just ask for Samantha."

"Wait, Samantha! I know you! Aren't you the one who had sex with Liam?"

"Yes. Oh my god! This is embarrassing. Why are you guys here?"

"I'm on a world tour right now."

"Really? That's really cool. I always knew that Mr. Corsaro had a good eye for spotting talent. Now I have to go clean the kitchen, see you later. And good luck with your tour!"

I smiled at her and we left.

___________________________

It was 5 minutes until showtime and I was doing a last minute rehearsal.

"Great! Just remember to go up in that chorus, Wes."

"You got it!"

I ran into my position and right as the lights hit me, I saw someone unexpectedly in the audience that made me smile. Samantha.