1.

Emily's pov

I woke up at the sound of my moms voice. "Honey, wake up" she said sweetly while lightly shaking my shoulder. I fluttered my eyes open, trying to adjust to the light coming through my window. I groaned and pulled the covers over my head. "Good morning to you too. Now get up, we should be at the airport in an hour" she patted my back and stood up from my bed, walking out of my room shortly after.

Today was the day me and my mom were moving out from New York to Los Angeles California. I wouldn't say I was that excited or thrilled about it. My mom insisted on us moving our there after her divorce with my dad. She said we both needed a fresh start and to turn leaf.

I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom located in my room. I took a refreshing shower and, after drying myself and doing my usual morning routine, I went to choose my outfit. I threw a pair of black jeans on along with a grey hoodie. I slipped my black converse on and ran down the staircase.

I found my mom in the kitchen, sipping on her cup of coffee. "What took you so long? Come on, let's go" she said, panicking a little. "Relax, we'll be on time" I assured her and dragged both our suitcases outside.

"I called a cab" my mother informed as she followed me outside. I nodded and only a few seconds later, a cab pulled up in our driveway. The driver got out and helped us with our suitcases. He put the bags in the trunk and we got in the car.

The drive wasn't that long. When we got to the airport, we heard our flight being called for boarding. I looked around trying to spot the person I was looking for. "What's wrong?" my mom asked me, noticing the disappointed look on my face. "Noah said he would be here to say bye" I sighed and shook my head.

Noah and I had been dating for three years. We had our ups and downs but we managed to get through every small disagreement. We even had plans to move in together after graduation. We said we wouldn't brake up and we would test our relationship with the long distance. He said he would be there, he said he would come and say bye. I didn't even know when I was gonna see him again, but he didn't show up.

"Dear, let's go" my mom said sighing as well and taking my hand in hers. She knew how important Noah was to me. He was the only man in my life after my mother's and father's divorce. I knew she was disappointed too, but not as much as I was. We walked towards our gate and once we checked in, we boarded the plane.

When we found our seats and sat down, I pulled my phone out of my bag and plugged in my earphones. "Ma'am, please turn off your electronic device. You'll be able to turn it on again once he plane takes off." The flight attendant told me and I nodded in response, doing as I was told.

After the plane had taken off, I finally turn my phone back on and listened to music, trying to fall asleep. I thought about my beautiful life in New York, and how everything was about to change. I thought about my best friend Kylie. She was away with her parents and she couldn't come to the airport to say goodbye either, but she had arranged to come visit and stay with us for a few days in LA. I thought about Noah, and how difficult it would be to keep the bond between us. Noah used to make me feel so safe once. Now, the only thing he made me feel was insecure about us and our future.

I had managed to fall asleep, when I felt two hands shake me by my shoulders. "Were here" my mom announced, rather enthusiastically. We got out of the plane and quickly walked towards the exit doors of the airport.

We got another cab to get us to our new house. On our way there, I observed the large buildings, the cars driving down the street, the people walking on the pavements, many kids penny boarding. This was nothing like New York. New York would always seem busy and life would feel like in a very fast motion. LA was something different, it was something special.

Once we arrived, I got out of the cab and stood still for a couple of seconds, admiring our new house. I had to admit it was beautiful, built the same way as the rest of the houses on the street. I felt my mom's hand on my shoulder. I turned to look at her, noticing her eyes were watering up. "This is our new beginning mom" I said pointing to the house. "Wanna check it out?" I smiled widely and she let out a faint chuckle.

Things had been very hard for her the last year. The arguments would never stop at home, my mom and dad couldn't get along any longer. Later on, she found out my excuse of a dad had been cheating on her for at least a year. Of course I was on my mom's side, I despised my dad ever since I found out. I never saw him nor spoke to him ever since the court. I had learned to live without him, and I was beyond happy. My father and I were never close.

Me and my mom walked in our new house with bright smiles plastered on our faces. I looked around the house, checking every single room. Our furniture had already been moved in and set, so we had no problem with that.

I opened a door at the end of the hall on the second floor, finding my new room. I walked inside, looking around. It was a beautiful room, just the way I liked it. It's walls were white, just like almost all the furniture in it. There was a body length mirror on the side of my closet, a king sized bed with white covers and pillows. There was a white desk on the other side of the room and there even was a bathroom located in the room!

I smiled at myself, plopping down on the bed and laying on my back. I was staring at the ceiling when I hear something hit the balcony window. I shot my body up from the bed and glanced towards the balcony. Another thing was thrown at the glass and I finally walked towards the balcony to see who was throwing stuff on my window. How cliché was this.