4.

Emily's pov

As I walked back inside my house, I decided to head to my room and relax. I walked up the stairs and down the hallway to my room. I put music on my phone and jumped on my bed. My mood was for some reason completely opposite from this morning.

It was such a great feeling, the feeling of happiness warming up my heart. Seemed like I hadn't felt this way in such a long time. And it was true, after my parents getting divorced, Noah being distant towards me and my Best friend away I really had no reason to be happy back in New York.

The thoughts of my life back there created many questions in my head. All this time, the fast pace of life back there seemed okay, it was all I knew. It was so different from here. It hurt me to know that I had lived my whole entire life in that city and all I could remember was the bad memories. I had left with the idea of my life back there being beautiful and perfect, when it really wasn't this part year. I searched my mind trying to recall a happy memory from life there. The bad ones outweighed the good ones, or at least that was what it felt like.

It made me feel like my life was miserable and gloomy so far, yet I've had such good times there as a kid. When my parents weren't divorced, when I met Kylie at the first day of school and instantly became inseparable with her. Turns out distance could separate us. Even the day I met Noah would be one of the best days of my life back there. How could a whole world be tore down and destroyed in a matter of hours, even seconds.

My eyes started watering up. I was laying on my back on the bed, staring at the ceiling and letting out a few tears slip down my cheeks. Suddenly I heard something hitting my window. I emediatly realised it was Cameron and the thought of him caused a small smile tug on my lips. I quickly wiped my tears away, blinked a few times just to make sure it didn't look as if I had been crying and finally walked towards the balcony.

I slid the glass doors open and automatically looked up towards the roof of Cameron's house. I saw him sitting there, just like he did yesterday. "Wow, you're on the roof. So unexpected" I clapped my hands. "Do you ever get tired of being sarcastic?" he asked. I just stuck my tongue out at him. He knew I wasn't trying to be rude towards him, I could be myself around him. "Sorry, not sorry" I shrugged with a smile.

"Honestly tho" he said seriously. I frowned, I thought I could be myself around him. I notices d him holding in his laughter and realised he was joking. I sent a death glare to him. "If only you weren't up there right now... You'd be dead" I narrowed my eyes at him, only causing him to laugh harder.

"What now? It literally hasn't even been half an hour and you're feeling so desperate to hang out already?" I teased, a small smirk playing on my lips. "You wish. I just wanted to ask if you'd like to join me and my friends tonight. We'll be going to the movies." he laughed. "Well, that sound cool. Sure" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Okay, just be ready by 7:30" he pointed his finger at me. "I will. Oh and be careful with what you throw at my window, if you shatter the glass you're paying for it" I pointed my finger back at him. "You wouldn't have evidence I did it" he shrugged. "I'll make sure to put a surveillance camera on my balcony then" I folded my arms. "You wouldn't" he smiled. "Try me" I said and walked back inside my room.

I checked the time and realised it was 3pm, so I didn't have to rush at all. I pulled my laptop out of my backpack. I decided to watch some Netflix, to catch up on my favourite show American Horror Story, since I had missed a couple of episodes.

After what felt like hours of watching, I heard the front door from downstairs shut and then my mother yelling "I'm home". I quickly put my laptop aside and run down the stairs, skipping a few steps and jumping on my way down. I found her in the kitchen, placing a few groceries in the fridge.

"How was first day at work?" I asked her with a smile, as I sat on the counter. "It was very good actually" she replied with a grin. I was glad everything was finally starting to work out for me and her. "How did you spent your day?" she asked me. "Oh, I was hanging out with that Cameron guy from next door" I shrugged. "Yeah, Cameron. I met him this morning, such a good kid" she said, thinking out loud.

"Well I'm going to the movies with him and a few others later today" I informed her. "I'm so happy you're making new friends" she smiled at me. "Yah, yah" I rolled my eyes playfully. I went to the living room and turned on the TV, watching whatever until it was time to get ready.

When I got to my closet, I looked through all my clothes to choose something nice to wear. I decided on a pair of high waisted denim shorts, a black tank top and my black vans. I wore my hair up in a high ponytail and applied a little bit of makeup on. Once I was ready, I checked the time. It was almost half past seven so I grabbed my phone and went downstairs.

A little bit later, there was a knock placed on the door. "This must be Cameron. Bye mom" I said walking towards the door. "Bye sweetie, have fun" she yelled from the kitchen. When I opened the door, a smiling Cameron was revealed. "Why are you even smiling" I gave him a weird look. "Cause you're finally going to meet other people and I won't have to hang out with you" he smiled wider. I knew not to believe him, I let him get me one time and make me believe his jokes, I'm not going to fall for it again. "I'm glad I'm meeting others too. I'm already bored of you" I joked back and he frowned. I laughed at his reaction.

We got in his car and he drove to the cinema. "What are we watching?" I asked curious. "I don't know" he answered with his eyes focused on the road. "Who's gonna be there?" I asked again. "I told you, my friends" i
He answered again. "Is there going to be a girl?" I hoped there was cause I didn't want to be the only girl around a bunch of guys I didn't know. "Yeah" he groaned. "How far is it?" I looked out the window as we drove past huge buildings. "Stop asking questions all the time" he said irritated.

"Okay fine. Calm down" I put my hands in surrender. We drove for about five minutes more, until he parked in front of the cinema. "I'm nervous" I said playing with my fingers. "Why?" he chuckled. "What if they don't like me?" I sighed looking at my lap. "You'll be fine. No one likes you anyway" he laughed. "Except from you" I smirked. "Who said that I like you?" he smirked back. "Why would you want to hang out if you don't?" I raised my eyebrows. "Fine, you caught me" he smiled.