46.

Emily's pov

I tossed and turned around in my sleep. I huffed in frustration, forcing my eyes open. It seemed like I wouldn't be getting any sleep whatsoever tonight. I glanced next to me, where Kylie slept peacefully on my bed. I pushed my body up and sat on my bed.

I looked over at Cameron's room, seeing the lights on. Suddenly an idea popped inside my head. Maybe I could pay him a visit. I got up quickly and walked to my closet. I threw on a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants and slipped on my black Vans. I walked downstairs silently, making sure to not wake up Kylie nor my mom.

I put on the hood of my hoodie as I ran across the lawn and got to Cameron's porch. I knocked softly on the door. I waited for a little before I was greeted by a tired Cameron. "Emily? What are you doing here? Why aren't you sleeping, it's almost 4am!" He said shocked but kept his voice to a whisper. "I could ask you the same thing. I just couldn't sleep and I saw the light in your room was on so I thought you were awake too and could use some company" I smiled and tilted my head to the side, stuffing my hands in the pockets of my hoodie.

He chuckled looking down at me before opening the door wider so I could walk in. "Get inside but be quiet" he motioned for me to walk in. I nodded my head rapidly, obeying. We walked up the stairs and headed to his room. He closed the door behind him, trying to make no sound. I looked around me, taking off the hood from my head. "Your room is messier than I remembered" I whispered chuckling. He just let out a breathy laugh, shaking his head, before walking to me and pushing a strand of hair out of my face, looking down at me.

I couldn't help the smile on my face. He took my hand in his and walked me to his bed. I kicked my shoes off before jumping on the bed and sitting with my legs crossed as he laid down next to me. "How long are you going to have this cast around your arm?" I asked pointing at his arm which he broke jumping from my balcony to his. "Couple of months I think" he shrugged. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh. "Are you tired?" I questioned, sitting staring at him. "Why would I be tire at 4am? Is that even I question?" He chuckled.

I kinda felt bad for keeping him up this late. "Well, then maybe I should go. You need to sleep" I said, about to stand up. "No, I want you to stay" he took ahold of my wrist,keeping my from getting up. "Please?" He opened one eye and looked at me with a goofy smile. I sighed nodding and laid down next to him. He pulled me close, snuggling his face into the crook of my neck. His hot breath fanned against my skin, tickling me. I let out a small giggle.

I looked down at him and saw he was smiling to himself. "Why are you smiling?" I asked curious. "I was thinking about something" he shrugged. "What ?" I raised an eyebrow. "That when I wake up I'll find you sleeping next to me. And someday, I'll be able to wake up at that every morning, and I just can't wait" he said looking at me . I was left speechless. "Do you really believe that?" I asked, feeling my heart flutter at the thought of us living together some day. "I'm never letting you go again" he kissed me softly. He brought warmth to my heart, I've never thought that someone could have such a strong affect on me.

"I can't wait either" I said once he pulled away. I made myself comfortable in his bed, wrapping my arms around his torso, while he played with my hair. "I love you" he whispered. "I love you too. Now go to sleep" I giggled. "K, goodnight baby. I love you" he said causing me to laugh. "You said that already" I stated. "I feel like I should keep reminding you that I really do. I don't want you to just know it. I know you do. I just want you to hear it every time" he explained. "I like that".

It felt so much better having him next to me. "What is going to happen once we are off to college?" He asked out of the blue. "I don't know... We still have time until then. Don't worry about it" I said. Though it had been bothering me for some time too. I really couldn't imagine myself separated from Cameron, even though we had our ups and downs. "I don't wanna lose you ever" he whispered. "And you won't, I promise" I giggled a little. Silence filled the room for a few seconds and soon I heard soft snores coming from Cameron's mouth. He finally fell asleep. He was so peaceful when he was asleep. I took a few minutes to really admire him. I really felt so lucky for having.

I decided it was time for me to sleep too. I closed my eyes slowly, as my body shut down.