22.

Emily's pov

I was walking with Matthew to his car after school. I had been trying to avoid talking or even being around Cameron the whole day. I know it was bad and I should have probably talked with him about Andrea and the scene earlier, but I was still thinking everything through.

I really didn't want to believe Andrea, and I knew I shouldn't because Cameron would never have bad intentions towards me. But I was still uncertain if my decision was too hurried or if I was just caught up in the moment. I wasn't even sure if he was completely over her.

There was no doubt I had feelings for him. Strong feelings I definitely couldn't deny, but I wasn't sure if Cameron's feelings towards me were real or not.

"He's going to hurt you, he's just using you" Andrea's words were replaying on my mind constantly. I shook my hand, trying to push the thoughts at the back of my mind and get the voices out of my head. "Wanna hang out later?" Matthews voice next to me caught my attention.

"Um... Yeah, sure. I'd love to" I answered with a smile and he nodded, returning the small gesture. We reached his car. "Lady's first" he said with an accent, opening the door for me. "Why thank you" I put my hand over my heart, pretending to be flattered. We both laughed.

He ran around the car and got into the drivers seat. Before he could start the car, we saw Cameron running towards us. "Oh crap" I whispered to myself. "Don't worry, I got this" Matthew said but I quickly grabbed his arm so he wouldn't get out the car. "It'd okay. I'll talk to him, I'll have to do that sooner or later anyway" I assured him, stepping out of the car.

Cameron was now only a few feet away, he looked a little pissed. "Where are you going with Matt?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowed. "Matthew was going to drive me home, what's the big deal" I explained. "I could drive you home anyway, I'm your boyfriend." he said. "And Matt is my friend. Can't I hang out with my friend now?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Of course you can. But you've been ignoring me all day and I wanna know if I did something wrong" he said, his expression softening.

"You didn't do anything wrong Cameron" I sighed. "We'll talk about this later" I added bringing him in a hug. His arms wrapped around me protectively, those arms I felt so safe and calm inside. I pulled away, giving him a smile. I can't stay mad at him for something he didn't even do. "I'll see you" I got back in the car, seeing him walk towards his. "Everything okay?" Matt asked and I nodded, staying silent.

*****

"I'll call you later, if you still want to hang out" Matt yelled from his car as I walked towards my house. "Okay" I replied. He pulled out of the driveway and sped down the street to his house. I unlocked the door and ran upstairs to my room.

I sat my backpack next to my desk and threw myself on the bed. I couldn't let these doubts and questions mess up my mind. Cameron should have my full trust. I decided to just ignore Andrea and take a risk for once. At the end, if Cameron actually hurts me, which I don't think, I'll know I was the one that made this decision for myself and I'll have learned something from it. I can't miss out on what we have that could turn out in something more serious. I know my feelings for Cameron, I just hope he knows his too.

I walked out on the balcony, inhaling the fresh air, taking in the relaxing silence. I closed my eyes and sighed to myself. Why did things seem so complicated, when in reality they weren't? I guess I had this feeling of insecurity because of my last experience in relationships.

Noah and I were meant for each other, or at least that's what everyone said. At some point, I actually started to believe it myself. Things between us were going great, we didn't have fights, we spent lots of time together, we weren't afraid to tell what bothered us. I let him in my life, I let myself become vulnerable when it came to him, he knew me better than anyone. I guess getting hurt from someone you've loved so much does harm you. And although I knew well that he was being distant from me that last months of our relationship, I still wished he wouldn't leave me. But he did, and he chose to do it even before I had to leave him, as much as I hated to.

"Are you okay?" I heard Cameron whisper. I opened my eyes to see him leaning against the railing on his balcony. "Do you want to come over?" I asked and he smiled. He quickly jumped from one balcony to another, while I walked back in my room. I sat on my bad and he soon came, kneeling in front of me.

"What is the problem?" he asked, taking my hand in his. "This morning..." I sighed, closing my eyes. "What happened?" he asked, concern laced on his voice. "Andrea came to me, she called me a slut for stealing you from her..." I said as he engulfed me in a hug. "And you listened to her?" he said softly. "No, of course not. I wouldn't let her go to me. But this whole thing got me thinking..." I trailed of. He kept his eyes on me, waiting for me to go on. "I want you to be sure for your feelings Cameron. You and Andrea have a past and you can't just forget it. I just want to be sure that you're certain for your feelings about me" I sighed, looking in his beautiful brown eyes.

A small smile spread across his face. "Emily, in all honesty, I've never been more certain in my life. Me and Andrea have a past and it's going to stay in the past. There is nothing between us anymore. I broke up with her because I wanted to be with you. It was a risk cause I didn't know if you felt the same way, but I decided to take it for you and it turned out into the best decision of my life" he said caressing my cheek.

"I never really got to ask you properly tho. Emily Thomas, do you want to be my girlfriend?" he said with a cheesy smile. "You know it" I smiled back at him as he leaned in. His lips finally collided with mine, as they moved in sync, like slowly dancing. And at that instant I felt like the while world had stopped, and I didn't want this moment to end. I felt sparks flying everywhere in the room.

It was different from the first time we had kissed. I now couldn't hear this voice in my mind telling me it was completely wrong, because it was completely right. And there was no one to get in the middle of this.