48.

Emily's pov

I felt my stomach tighten as I walked through the big glass doors of the airport, along with my mom, Kylie and all our friends. I didn't want to say goodbye, I didn't want her to leave. Though I knew she had no choice but to do so. I heard a sigh leaving Kylie's moth from next to me. "So, I guess this is it" she pressed her lips together. I bit my lip anxiously as I nodded my head. Cameron's arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"Thank you guys so much, hanging out with you these past few days has been amazing. Mrs Thomas, you made me feel like home. Thanks for letting me stay at your house" she said looking at everyone. "It was no problem honey. Don't hesitate to visit anytime" my mom smiled warmly while she hugged Kylie goodbye. "Yeah, and it was a pleasure meeting you and hanging out with you too" Mahogany squealed while wrapping her arms around Kylie. Nash walked to her and hugged her, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. They were so cute together, I wish they could date. "Have a safe flight home, text me when you can" he whispered in her ear but I could still hear him. She smiled and nodded. Cameron walked to her and hugged her too. "See you around loser" he said and she chuckled at his words. Everyone had said goodbye until it was my turn. You're not gonna cry. I threw my hands around her neck and pulled her as close as possible. "I'll miss you" I sighed and she did too. "So will I. I'm coming soon again. I promise" she rubbed my back as she pulled away.

She grabbed ahold of her suitcase as she readjusted her bag on her shoulder. "Bye everyone" she waved. A few 'goodbye' s were heard as she walked off to her gate. The rest of us started walking out of the airport. I got in my mom's car, after saying goodbye to everyone. I settled myself in the passengers seat as my mom got in the drivers side and started the car.

I was looking out the window most of the time. It was an unusually cold evening. The sky was grey, looking like it was about to rain, but it rarely rains in California. I admired all the Christmas lights and the decorations as we drove by stores. I admired the people walking down the sidewalk joyfully, happily. It made me smile. Everyone seemed to be in the Christmas spirit.

I remembered my last Christmas back in New York. I remembered spending it with my family and a couple of friends. I brought the picture in my mind. Me and my friends sitting around the table, chatting and laughing and my dad helping my mom serve the meal. I remembered looking at them and thinking to myself that they must really love each other. Although they used to argue, I will never forget the way my dad looked at my mom as they sat down at the table with us. He looked so happy and so did she. I would never picture myself here a year later. With my parents divorced, my old friends hundreds of miles away, away from everything I had grown so close to all my life.

"Honey, what's wrong ?" My moms concerned voice broke me away from my train of thoughts. "Just thinking" I shrugged my shoulders. "About?" She questioned further. "New York, our last Christmas there, our home, my friends, Dad" I said liking down at my hands. I could feel her stiffen up as I spoke my last word. "Everything is just so much different now" I sighed. "Well sweetheart, isn't it a good difference?" She said softly. "It is" I admitted. "Then why is it bothering you? Emily, you should let go of the past. Please do this for me. You don't need to keep holding onto it. I know it was the biggest part in your life and I'm not telling you to forget about it, but look where you are! Look what you have now! We have everything we need. You have some amazing friends and people by your side that would do anything for you. Isn't this a blessing ?" She said soothingly. "You're right. It really is a blessing. Our lives couldn't have been any better" I smiled at her and she returned the gesture.

We pulled up in our driveway and I hopped out of the car. I unlocked the door and walked inside, being followed by my mom. "I'll be upstairs" she informed while walking up the stairs. "Okay" I said and headed to the living room but I was soon stopped once I heard someone knocking on the door.

I opened the door to reveal Cameron with a box of pizza in his hands. "You busy?" He asked with a smile. "Never for you" I chuckled as I let him walk inside. He placed the pizza box down on the coffee table at our living room as I jumped in his arms. "Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and you still don't have your Christmas tree ready. What kind of people are you" he chuckled. My eyes widen in realization. "I totally forgot" I cover my mouth. "Let's do it now" he suggested and a smile spread across my face.

*****

We had set and decorated not only the tree but the whole house. It was midnight by now. Cameron fell on the couch and groaned out of exhaustion. "We did a good job" I giggled looking around the house as I sat down next to him. He pulled me down to lay next to him, facing him. He pecked my nose and looked at me in the eyes. I felt getting lost into his eyes for a second. "We really did" he pulled me closer and I hid my face into his chest. The only light in the room was that coming from the Christmas tree lights and the silence was so nice and soothing. "Baby?" I whispered to Cameron. "Yeah?" he said. I looked up to meet his eyes. "I wish we would spend every Christmas together" I said and his face broke into a smile. "May your wish come true" he kissed my forehead softly.