16.

Emily's pov

He was standing there with his hands stuffed in his pockets and his hoodie on. I run my hands up and down my arms as the cold breeze hit me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, as he walked inside. "What do you think I'm doing? I'm here to hang out" he smiled, takingout a bag full of snacks under his jacket.

"But Mahogany-" "She won't be coming" he smirked. I narrowed my eyes at him. "You're evil" I pointed a finger at him. "No I'm not" he chuckled. "Yes you are. Who do you think you are, calling my friend telling her not to come over to MY house?" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"You'll have much better company" he said taking my hand in his. Suddenly I felt like a swarm of butterflies attacked my stomach. Why was I feeling this way? The unexpected physical contact gave me goosebumps. I didn't even know why. It wasn't like we had never touched before, and this was why it seemed so strange.

He walked us to the living room and sat down. He glanced at the TV, noticing the paused episode of Teen Wolf. "You like this?" he scrunched up his noise. "I like Dylan O'Brien" I smirked, plopping down. "He better be the only Dylan you like" he muttered under his breath, so I wouldn't hear.

"What was that?" I asked, pretending I didn't hear him. "Nothing" he shook his head. "Anyway. What would you like to do?" he smiled widely. "I don't know, I wasn't expecting you to show up anyway. What do you want?" I asked. "We could watch a movie" he shrugged. I nodded my head yes in response.

He went through the movies on Netflix until I saw one and yelled, startling him and causing him to stop. "We're so watching this one" I exclaimed, referring to 'Paper Towns'. "Really?" he raises an eyebrow. "Don't give me that look. It's actually a great movie. I really want to watch it!" I pleaded like a little kid. "But you've probably watched 100 times" he whines. "And what if I want it to be 101?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "You're such a kid" he laughed under his breath while shaking his head.

*****

During the movie we would occasionally make small talk or joke around. Cameron never failed to make me laugh. Even his smile was contagious.

"So how have you and Andrea been?" I asked out of nowhere. I guess I caught him a little off guard, since his laughter died down and his bright smile faded a little. I instantly felt bad, I didn't want to seem like I poke my nose into other people's business. "Good, I guess" he shrugged.

"Just that?" I asked concerned, knowing something was wrong. "Yeah. We're not very close. I mean she thinks we are but things just don't feel like they once used to. I don't know why, it just feels different. I'm trying to make things work out though" he explained with a straight face. I nodded, understanding.

The truth was that I didn't like Andrea a bit. But I couldn't say it in front of him, I knew he didn't want to feel judged about his relationship with her. But I had a feeling she was no good to him. Maybe it was because I had seen her kiss Jack behind Cameron's back.

We had been an hour in the movie, when I started feeling my eyelashes get heavier by the moment. "Are you tired?" Cameron asked, noticing I was half asleep. "Just a little" I say leaning my head on his shoulder and close my eyes again.

"Do you want to go to sleep?" he asked softly, caressing my cheek. I tensed up at his touch and pulled away from his shoulder. "Yeah, I guess I will" I stretch my arms. "Okay" he said.

I stood up and so did he. I gave him a confused look but he didn't seem to notice, he was half asleep too. I walked upstairs with him following me. We got to my room and he grabbed a pillow from my bed and placed it down on the floor.

"What are you doing?" I laughed, getting under my covers. "Getting ready to sleep?" he answered, stating the obvious. "On the floor?" I arched an eyebrow, but I doubt he saw it due to the little amount of light in the room. "Yep" he said laying down.

There were a few moments of silence, when I decided to speak up. "You know, you could sleep on the bed. It's much better than the hard floor" I suggested. I didn't know how he would take it. "I prefer not to. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable" he answered back. "Its not like anything will happen. But you decide" I shrugged and after that I fell asleep.

*****

The next morning I woke up in two arms wrapped firmly around my torso. I tried to turn around but it was no use. "You're awake" I heard Cameron's raspy morning voice say in my ear. He sent chills down my spine as my eyes widen.

I sneak out of his grip and look at him. I didn't know how to feel or what to say. I woke up in his arms, while he is dating Andrea. I felt bad at that point, I didn't know if this was considered cheating. Although we hadn't done anything, I still felt guilty.

"Good morning" I half smile and quickly get out of bed. "Morning" he said rubbing his eyes. I started pacing up and down the room, playing with my fingers. "Is everything okay?" Cameron asked, sitting up on the bed.

"No" I shook my head, nervous. "What's up?" he questioned confused. "I don't know if you sleeping in my bed is considered cheating on your girlfriend" I said biting my lip. He just laughed. "But we didn't do anything" he stated.

He stood up. "Even if it was considered cheating, which is not, we would be at least even" he shrugged. "A relationship isn't about getting even, Cameron" I shook my head disappointed. "Yes, but when you're in a relationship you're not supposed to cheat anyway. And I can guarantee Andrea has done it multiple times" he chuckled .