38.

(A/n: OMG you guys I just realized this book got to 1k reads !! I can't believe it! I never thought I would ever get to even 100 reads and I'm so grateful that you guys read this book. Thanks a lot everyone, you are simply the best people ever, you make me so happy just by reading my book. I hope you guys enjoy it so far and i promise I'll try to update more from now on!! Love y'all xx)

Emily's pov

Once I returned to my room I almost screamed, walking inside to find Cameron laying on my bed. "Why are you yelling!?" He frowned. "Why are you in my room?" I ignored his question, as I tried to steady my breathing. "I missed you" his frown was replaced with a cute smile. I tried my hardest not to blush at his statement but of course I wasn't going to admit this to him.

I sighed and sat down on my bed. "How did you even get in here?" I asked. A smirk crept on his lips as he let a light chuckle escape. "You still don't lock your window. You'll never learn" he shook his head, causing me to let out a soft giggle. Suddenly, my door burst open. "Em, I need to use your-" Kylie appeared in the door as she dried her hair with a towel. She had just gotten out of the shower. She looked up and her eyes fell on Cameron. They stared at each other for a while and I felt the tension in the room rise. "-Hairdryer" she finished her sentence, not removing her eyes from him.

"Um, sure" I stood up and went to my bathroom to grab my hair dryer. "Here you go" I waked outside again and handed it to her. "Thanks" she gave me a half smile. "Um, Kylie this is Cameron. Cameron, that's Kylie. My best friend from New York" I introduced them to each other. "Hi" was all Kylie said, having a blunt expression on her face. "Yeah, hi" Cameron said before removing his eyes from her.

"That was weird" I commented, referring to the tension between the two of them.

Cameron kept silent, staring down at his hands with his eyebrows knitted together. "Do you  know her?" I asked and his eyes shot up to me. "Who? H-her? No... Why would I?" He said. "She forgot to introduce herself, I'll meet you to her" I said, sitting down on the bed again. He sat up and took a seat next to me. He didn't say anything. It was silent for a moment. But it was a nice and peaceful silence. Until I decided to break it. "Are you sure you haven't seen her before?" I asked again. "Yes" he simply said, looking away.

"I should go, you have a guest" he stood up, and so did I.  "I'll see you later" he went to walk out. He was about to climb over the railing but I stopped him. "Cameron?" I said walking out on the balcony quickly. He looked up at me and turned to face me. I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him. He was taken aback at first but his arms soon made their way around my waist. "I missed you too" I whispered in his neck, and it was almost as if  I could see his smile spread across his face.

I pulled away, and looked down trying to conceal my smile. "Bye" he said, letting out a small chuckle. "Bye" I looked up at him, not bothering to hide my smile any longer. I couldn't anyway. "Be careful" I said as I watched closely his every move. "Don't worry" he assured me. He was about to jump over to his balcony, when suddenly his foot slipped and before I knew it, he was falling down and landed with a loud thud. "Cameron!" I yelled, looking down. "Ow" he groaned loudly. "Oh my gosh" I put my hands over my mouth as I ran downstairs fast as ever. I burst through the door and ran around the lawn.

"Cameron, are you okay?!" I knelt down on his side. I was so scared I was nearly shaking. "I-I'm...f-fine" he tried to stand up but he couldn't. "Oh god, Cameron. Just... Just wait here." I said. "I can't really go anywhere" he chuckled bitterly. I could tell he was in pain. I ran inside and grabbed my car keys and phone. I went quickly back to Cameron, who was currently trying to get up. "Let me help you" I helped him up and put his arm around my neck for support. "Ouch" he said shutting his eyes and taking in a sharp breath.

"Oh Cameron. I can't believe you" I shook my head and sighed as I lead him to my car so I could drive him to the hospital. "It's not my fault. Your pretty face distracted me" he chuckled. "This is not a good time to joke Cam" I scolded as I helped him in the passengers seat. I got in the drivers seat quickly and started driving towards the hospital.

"Where are you hurting" I asked concerned, glancing next to me once in a while to check on him. "My arm" he answered. "Don't you ever do this again Cameron. You scared me to death. I swear if you dare do this again I'm going to kill you" I scolded. "Sorry babe" he leaned in and kissed my cheek. I felt myself blushing but I brushed it off, hoping he didn't notice. "Promise me you'll never do this again" I eyes him and home nodded with a smile, causing me to let out a small chuckle.

"Does it hurt a lot?"  I turned to look at him, once I parked the car in the hospital's parking lot. "Just a little" he shrugged. I knew he was just trying to seem tough. "Let's get you inside and I'll call your mom later" I said.

*****

While he was getting checked in a room, I waited patiently outside, sitting down at a chair near the door. It had been almost an hour, I had called his mom a while ago and she said she would be try to be there as soon as possible. I also called Kylie so she wouldn't get worried about me leaving without a word. The doctor walked out and I shot up from my seat anxiously. "Is he okay?" I asked. He nodded. "He is okay, he just broke his arm when he landed. Thankfully it wasn't too high where he fell from. He'll be fine" he said and I felt my heartbeat getting back to its steady pace. "Thank god" I sighed. "Hopefully, he'll be able to leave tomorrow" he continued and I nodded. "You can go see him" the doctor kindly smiled and I thanked him, before walking inside.