3.

Emily's pov

Next morning I woke up not so hyped. It wasn't usual for me, I really was a morning type of person. Weird, I know, but the mornings always gave me some kind of energy. Not this time, however.

I dragged myself out of bed and checked the time on my phone. 10:00 am. School didn't start until a few days and this made a small smile form on my lips. It cheered me up a bit. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to get some breakfast.

I found a little note on the counter. It was from my mom, informing me that she had left for work. I grabbed a bowl out of the cabinet and made my breakfast which apparently was cerial.

I had just started eating, when I heard a knock on the door. I groaned, walking towards the door. I opened the door, my eyes narrowed at the person who I was about to see and who disturbed my peaceful yet boring morning.

I came face to face with that mystery guy from last night. "Oh look, it's the mystery boy. You weirdo decided to get off that roof I see" I said sarcastically, leaning against the door frame.

"Actually my name is Cameron. And I have to admit, that hairstyle is fresh" he chuckled pointing towards my hair. "I know, I get that a lot" I joked back. I honestly didn't even know what my hair looked like, and frankly I didn't care at all.

"You need something?" I sighed, curious as to why he was at my house this time. "Nah, I just felt bored and needed to annoy someone" he smirked. "Mission accomplished" I clapped my hands and he let out a laugh.

"Wanna hang out?" he asked hesitantly. "Umm... I don't even know you, how do I know you're not some mentally disturbed killer?" I raised an eyebrow. He looked down at himself and then back at me. "Do I seem like one?" he chuckled. I looked up and down at him. "Not so much. Okay then, we can hang out" I gave in.

"Cool" he said walking into my house. "What makes you think you can walk into my property without my permission?" I say teasingly. "Deal with it" he shrugged. I just chuckled in response. "You never told me your name. But don't worry, I found a way to figure that out myself" he smirked.

"Really? What kind of way?" I asked sitting on the couch. "Well basically I met your mom. She told me your name" he answered letting out a soft laugh. "Wow I have to remind my mother not to give personal information to strangers" I sighed and shook my head, causing him to laugh again. "strangers you hang out with?" he raised an eyebrow "plus, we're not strangers anymore. You know my name and I know yours" he pointed at me.

"Okay, smart guy" I said sarcastically and he stuck his tongue out. "So Cameron, how old are you?" I asked, leaning back on the couch. "I'm 18" he replied. I wasn't surprised, I had assumed that already. "So am I" I slightly smiled and he nodded.

"I'm sorry, I should've asked you earlier. Would you like something?" I asked politely, but I was mentally face-palming myself hoping I wasn't rude. But then again, I realised he wouldn't mind since I've been sarcastic towards him all the time and he didn't get mad or offended.

"I'd like some water please" he answered, mocking my voice. I shook my head and get up to get him a glass of water. "Thank you" he said mocking my voice again, once I was about to hand him the glass. "Will you stop mocking me?" I smirked holding back the glass just as he was about to take it from my hand. "I'm not planning on doing so anytime soon" he smirked back, trying his best to make his voice sound like mine.

"Are you sure?" I smiled devilishly and he nodded. Then I splashed all the water from the glass in his face. "What the hell" he yelled, squinting his eyes and causing me to fall on the floor laughing hard as ever. He soon after followed my actions and started laughing hysterically as well.

The whole morning consisted of me and him exchanging jokes, getting to know each other better and sharing funny stories. I told him all about my life back in New York, about my parents and my friends back there. I even told him about my relationship with Noah. It wasn't bothering me at all anymore, after I realised I wasn't into him either lately and I was over him already. I just couldn't find a reason to be sad about.

He told me about his life here. He lived with only his mom as well, since his parents were divorced. He had lived in California all his life. He told me a few thing about his friends that I was fortunately going to meet soon, once the school starts. We talked about our interests and out taste in music.

I found myself enjoying his presence and company. He wasn't mysterious anymore, he was fun and goofy instead. I was happy that he was my first actual friend in my new life.

"Do you maybe wanna go get lunch?" he suggested. I nodded my head. "Great cause I'm serving" he groaned rubbing his stomach. I let out a silent giggle. "Let's go then" he got up from the couch and motioned me to do so as well. I checked the time and it read 1:00 pm. I hadn't realised the time had gone by so fast.

"Okay, wait until I go get ready" I instructed and ran up the stairs. I walk to my room and quickly grab whatever I found in front of me. I threw a pair of Nike sweats on and a hoodie. I brush through my hair and left it wave down to my shoulders.

I ran back downstairs and grabbed my phone, walking out with Cameron. "You get ready pretty fast for a girl" he chuckled. "Well I don't call this 'getting ready'. I call it 'throwing on random stuff you find laid around your room' but it works just fine. I catch myself doing it a lot lately. I don't need to impress anyone anyway" I explained with a laugh.

"Well this is what we guys call getting ready" he admitted. "Oh this explains a lot" I nodded laughing. We were walking down the street and he was a little bit behind me. "You know, I'm new here and I don't know anything. You should be leading me to the nearest restaurant" I pointed out as I stopped and turned around, waiting for him to catch up.

"You walk too fast" he groaned. We were finally walking on the same pace and soon approached a small diner at the end of the street. "Here we are" he gestured me to walk inside as he opened the door for me. "What a gentleman" I said sarcastically and put my hand over my heart,pretending to be flattered.

"I don't care what you're saying, I belive I am one" he smiled proudly. "Yeah, yeah" I waved him off. We walked to a table and sat down. After we ordered our food we had a small chat until our order was ready.

Once the waitress came, placing our meals in front of us, Cameron dug in. "Wow, you act like you have never eaten in your life" I said jokingly, pretending to be disgusted. "Eat your food" he scrunched his nose causing me to laugh. Once we were both done, Cameron insisted on paying. I didn't argue with that since I had no money with me anyway.

We got out of the diner and started walking back towards our neighbourhood. "So I guess I'll see you later today?" he raised an eyebrow. "Great. I'll be stuck hanging out with you all day?" I threw my head back rolling my eyes. He knew I was just messing with him though, and he laughed at my reaction.

"You won't get rid of me that easily" he stuck his tongue our and I smiled. I was actually glad. I didn't want my only friend here to leave me after one day. Even if I made it seem like I didn't like him, through my sarcastic remarks, I really appreciated everything he did.

I watched him walk up to his porch and, as he reached the door he turned and waved at me. I waved back and got inside my house.