30.

Emily's pov

The next day, I woke up early to  get ready for school. Not that I had gotten any sleep after what had happened. I wanted to stay in my room for the rest of my life. Okay, maybe not the rest of my life, but at least for a week of something. I didn't feel like seeing anyone, I didn't feel like facing the reality, I didn't feel like stepping out in a world without Cameron by my side. It was like a part of my heart was missing.

After I took a shower and blow dried my hair, I went to chose an outfit. I decided on something simple. My jeans, a pink winter sweater that I loved and my booties. I applied a tiny bit of makeup and walked downstairs with my bag and phone in my hands. I walked into the kitchen, to find my mom reading a magazine with a cup of tea in her hand. "Don't you have to go to work?" I questioned. "Yeah, but they told me I could go an hour later today" she said and I nodded.

"I'm sorry baby" she got up and hugged me. I gave her a confused look. "About last night" she said and my eyes saddened. "You heard?" I asked and she nodded. I hugged her tight, trying to prevent myself from crying over Cameron once again. "Honey, it's okay. You'll get through it, I promise." she rubbed my back. "I have to go to school. I'll see you later"  I said taking a deep breath and pulling away. "Okay, bye my love" she kissed my forehead, bringing a small smile to my face. "Bye mom" I said back.

I got into my car and drove to school. I parked my car and grabbed my bag from the passenger's seat. I got out and started walking towards the doors of the school. As I was walking I could hear whispers sound me. I shrugged it off, not caring one bit about what others were saying about me. I got to my locker and left my bag there, taking only the things I needed for my first class.

"Goodmorning" I heard from behind me. I turned to see Mahogany and smiled at her. "Hey" I said back. "How are you?" she leaned against the locker next to mine. I took in a big breath. "I- I'm okay" I lied. "Don't lie to me" she shook her head. "I don't know how to answer to your question. I mean, I'm abviously worse than ever but I want to look like I'm okay" I sighed. "Well it's not working" she chuckled lightly. "I know. And I don't think I'll be okay any time soon" I said and we started walking to my class.

"He was a mess yesterday. He was balling his eyes out when you left. He kept repeating how stupid he is and how he lost you forever-" she started to explain but I cut her off. "I really don't want to hear it Mahogany" I rolled my eyes. "You didn't give him a chance to explain himself" she said. "I don't need to hear his bullshit Mahogany. I really don't. He shouldn't have done it from the beginning." I stepped in front of her, facing her. "I'm just saying he might have an explanation" she shrugged her shoulders. "What is there to explain? Why he cheated? Do I have to sit there and hear how I wasn't good enough for him and how he deserves better than me? Well thanks, but I'll pass" I said, irritated.

Her eyes stayed glued on something behind me. I turned to see what had caught her attention, only to see Cameron standing a few feet away from us. I guess he heard everything I said, but I didn't feel sorry for saying it. It was the truth after all. He looked like he hadn't gotten any sleep either, he looked so tired. His sight was exactly like Mahogany explained, a mess. It bothered me that I still cared for him so much. It bothered me how I wanted to go over there and hug him and make sure he is okay. It bothered me how he managed to make my heart flutter every time I saw him. It bothered me how he had a place deep in my heart. Everything about him bothered me.

I gave him a cold glare before rolling my eyes and walking off to my class alone. Don't cry! Don't cry in front of them. I knew that half of the school was talking about mine and Cameron's breakup. The word had spread like a fire in a forest. Mostly because Cameron was so popular. Although he didn't like the attention, he had a great personality that would captivate everyone. He was so funny and kind and sweet and- stop thinking about him.

I shook the thoughts away, walking into my first block. I sat to my usual seat, not talking to anyone during the whole lesson, except from greeting Matt of course. It felt like an eternity being in there. I was waiting anxiously for the bell to ring. I couldn't pay any attention anyway. When if finally did ring, I rushed out of the classroom as fast as possible.

I got to my locker and got my textbooks for the next class. "Look who it is!" I heard an extremely pitched voice speak. I turned to see Andrea with two other girls. "What happened, Emily? Did you and Cameron break up?" she said with her fake sad look. I rolled my eyes in annoyance, slamming my locker shut. "What the hell do you want from me Andrea?" I said angry. "Calm down, I just wanted to be a good friend and tell you how sorry I am for you. Although it was obvious that Cam would dump you for someone better" she evilly smirked. "Yeah, like he dumped you for me" I smiled innocently. She squinted her eyes at ms before walking away. I rolled my eyes for the millionth time today, and started walking to my class.