31.

Emily's pov

(Lunch break)

I was walking towards the cafeteria, in attempt to find Matthew. "Where are you Matt?" I muttered to myself. I pushed through the doors of the cafeteria, searching for him. I finally spotted him with Carter at a table. I quickly walked over there. "Hey Matt! I was looking for you" I say, then sending a kind smile at Carter. "Oh, well do you want to sit with us for lunch?" he suggested. I was very hesitant. "I don't think it's a good idea, I just wanted you to give me the notes from Biology class" I explain. "Come one, please sit with me?" he pleaded, with puppy dog eyes. He was very cute whenever he did that, so I couldn't really say no to him. "Only for a minute" I point my finger at him, sitting down and he nodes smiling.

"You guys would make a cute couple" Carter butts in. "What?" we both say in sync while laughing. "Just saying" he shrugs. "Well what can I say, the ladies love me" Matt put his arm around me causing me to playfully roll my eyes. "Get over yourself Espinosa" I laugh. They continue eating and talking while I sat there lining. "Anyway, I should probably get going. Mahogany is probably waiting for me and i don't see you giving me any notes. Bye guys" I waved and spun on my heel, accidentally bumping into someone.

I looked up to meet with two very familiar and beautiful brown orbs, that I wish didn't have such a strong effect on me. As much as I wanted to stay there and get lost in his deep chocolate brown eyes, I couldn't anymore. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and went to leave, when I felt a strong grip on my wrist. "Let go" I said through gritted teeth, yanking my hand away. "Emily, we need to talk" I heard him call out, but I couldn't dare to turn around. I walked away, once again. I tend to do that a lot with my problems, but it was all I ever knew how to do.

(Last period)

"So, since winter break starts in a few days, I want you guys to work on a project in pairs. I want you to make something that combines something meaningfull for each one of you. I want you to express yourself through it." our Art teacher, Mrs.Malone spoke. Me and Dylan looked at each other almost immediately. "You can chose who to work with. This is due tomorrow. Work hard" added the teacher. The bell rung, indicating school had ended for the day.

"Wanna come over to my house to work on the project?" I asked Dylan, as I was gathering my stuff. "Who said I'm doing it with you?" he raised an eyebrow teasingly. "Please?" I grinned and he laughed. "Fine, I guess" he rolled his eyes playfully. We walked out of the class together, as we walked out of school and towards my car. We got in the car and I started driving towards my house. "So how are you and Mahogany?" I smirked, noticing him blushing from the corner of my eye. "Um... We're great. I mean, it's only been a few weekss that we're dating but I really love her" he smiled to himself. "That's so cute you guys" I cooed.

Once we got to my house, I parked the car in the driveway and we both got out. As I shut the car door, I noticed Cameron pulling up in his driveway. I huffed. "Hurry inside" I whisper yelled to Dylan, as I started walking towards the door in a fast pace. "Why?" he questioned. "Just do it" I said as I unlocked the door. We got inside and I quickly shut the door. "What's wrong?" he said confused. "Cameron was there" I pointed outside. "And you're avoiding him?" he raised an eyebrow. "Pretty much" I nodded.

We walked upstairs and got to my room. "So do you have any ideas for the project?" I asked, setting my bag near my desk. "Not really, but I'm sure we'll come up with something" he said, pulling out my desk chair and sitting down. I sat on my bed. "Well, we could do a painting or something" I shrugged my shoulders. "That's a good ide-" the sound of my phone ringing cut him off. "Sorry" I apologised, reaching for my phone in my bag. When I glance down at it to see who was calling , I roll my eyes tossing it to the side.

"Won't you answer?" he asked. "No" I replied with no emotion. "Who is it?" he furrows his eyebrows. "No one" I shrugged. He grabbed my phone, which was still ringing. "Why are you ignoring him?" he looks at me disapprovally. "Look I just don't want to talk to him, okay?" I roll my eyes, laying down on my back. "I think you guys should talk this through" he says, handing me my phone. "Dylan, I know how to handle this. I've been through this before, I think I know how to do it. Besides, I don't want to give him a second chance, I don't want to get back together with him" I explained, although deep inside I knew I was lying.

"I didn't say you have to get back together with him! I said you should listen to him. Its better to end a relationship a nice way, just like you did with Noah." he said. "It took some time with Noah, I need time to forgive Cameron as well." I stated. "Yes but to forgive him, don't you have to hear him our first. I mean, aren't you a bit curious to know more details like, why exactly he did it" he raised an eyebrow. "How is this even going to be useful?" I sighed. "Well at least you have to try and see. He's been dying to talk to you. He has called you so many times, don't you think he has a reason?" he continued, finally convincing me.
"Fine, I'll try to talk to him." I huffed. "Now let's just work on that project"