14.

Cameron's pov

Emily and I hadn't talked in two days, nor would she even turn to look at me. She had been hanging out mostly with Mahogany, Matthew and a kid named Dylan. When I asked Matt about him, he said he was in Emily's Art Class.

I wasn't gonna lie, I felt a little bit of jealousy every time I saw them laughing together, knowing this could have been me in his position. But I was the one to not treat her right, when I knew she only looked out for me. I wasn't fully convinced that Andrea was indeed not cheating, but I really didn't need to hear it.

I was currently lying on my bed, with all these thoughts running through my mind. I didn't want Emily slipping away, I didn't want to lose her. I felt so different around her, yet I didn't know if I liked her. But she would never like me back.

"Cameron you'll be late" I heard my mom yell. I then realised I had school today. I stood up from my bed and threw a shirt and a pair of jeans on. I brushed my teeth and fixed my hair. I then walked downstairs.

I grabbed my backpack and my keys and headed to my car, after saying goodbye to my mom. When I arrived to school, I parked and got out of my car.

I saw Emily getting out of Dylan's car and instantly felt jealousy boil inside me. I clenched my jaw and balled my fists, slamming the door of my car shut. She looked over to me and her eyes saddened and she started walking away with Dylan.

I shook my head, walking towards the entente of the school. I got to my locker and put all my things in. As I shut it closed, I saw Nash leaning up against the lockers nearby, with a smirk on his face. "What?" I rolled my eyes. "I saw you" he stated, earning a confused look from me.

"Why are you still with Andrea when you like her? " he wiggled his eyebrows. "Shut up. Andrea is my girlfriend" I stated, walking away but he followed me. "But you know you want Emily to be" he rolled his eyes still smirking.
I couldn't help but think about what he had said, realising it was true.

I wanted to be around her all the time, make her smile and laugh just like I did the first few days we had met. And, as much as I wanted to hide it, I missed her a lot.

A high pitched voice broke me out of mu thoughts. "Baby" Andrea squealed, jumping on me. "Hey" I smiled down at her. I saw Nash rolling his eyes from the corner of my eye. "My friend Lacy is having g a party tomorrow. We're definitely going" she clapped her hands. "Fine" I sighed. I really wasn't looking forwards to this.

Emily's pov

I was walking to the cafeteria with Mahogany. "There's a party on Saturday. We should go" she suggested. "I'm not sure that's a good idea" I shook my head. "Oh come on. We should go out and have fun" she said as we entered the cafeteria. "Okay fine" I sighed giving in. "Great" she squealed jumping.

At lunch I sat with her and Matthew at a table. "There is a party tomorrow" Mathew brought it up. "Why is everyone talking about that party?" I rolled my eyes. "I was wondering if you'd like to go together" Matthew said, scratching the back of his neck. "I'm going with Mahogany" I said, sounding not so hyped about it. "Oh you guys can go together. I'll find someone to go with" she smirked and I shrugged. "Okay then" I said, playing with the food on my tray. "Great" Matthew smiled.

(after school)

Matthew dropped me off to me house. "I'll text you the details about the party" he said as I stepped out of the car. I nodded in response. He then smiled and drove off to his house.

As I walked inside my house, I saw a suitcase by the door. "Sweetie, you're home" my mom said coming from the kitchen and engulfing me in a hug. "Where are you going?" I said questionably. "Oh, I'll be out for the weekend. I'll be back Monday morning" she explained. "Work?" I sighed and she nodded. "Okay. I'll have Mahogany sleep over okay?" I asked. "Okay, but don't get in trouble. Bye" she kissed my cheek and walked out with her suitcase, as she walked to her car.

I went to my room. I decided to draw since I was bored. I started looking for my notebook, looking around the room and through the drawers under my desk. As I was going through the drawers, something caught my attention.

I pulled the piece of paper out examining it. It was the one from Cameron, that I had found stuck on my window. I smiled at the thought of that day, or more specifically, that night. I clutched the piece of paper in my hands, glancing towards Cameron's room.

I saw him entering his room. As soon as he did, he glanced up at me. I quickly looked away. The truth was that I did miss hanging out with him, I missed his jokes, I missed everything about him.

I headed out of the door and to Cameron's house. I placed a knock on his door, as I heard shuffling from inside, followed by him opening the door shortly after. He seemed surprised to see me. "Hi" he breathed out, staring at me. "Hi" I replied, looking back into his eyes. They were deep brown, but they seemed more like a little lighter hazel brown color at the light of the sun.

I snapped out of my daydream, returning to the main purpose of my visit. "I- I wanted to apologise. I know you think I'm trying to break you and Andrea apart. These honestly weren't my intentions at all" I explained. I knew it was finally time to make up.

"Its okay. I know you wouldn't try something like that. I shouldn't have said you were jealous. There's nothing you could be jealous of anyway" he chuckled awkwardly. I gave him a questioning look. "I mean, we are friends and there's nothing between us" he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

I nodded smiling. Suddenly, I felt his arms embrace me in a hug. Oh how much I missed this. I hugged him back, smiling in his chest. "I'm so glad we made up" he said. "So am I" I grinned. "Come on in" he motioned me to walk inside.