37

Emily's pov

The next day, Kylie was coming to stay for a few days. I had barely slept all night for two reasons. One. because I was too excited to see Kylie against and Two. because I kept replaying the whole scene with Cameron earlier that day. What this boy does to me. Anyway, since I couldn't get much sleep, I woke up around four in the morning and started tiding the whole house, I took a long and relaxing shower, I chose my outfit for the day and had breakfast. I was going to pick up Kylie from the airport around eleven.

It was now eight and I was sitting at the kitchen counter, eating my bowl of cereal, when my phone buzzed next to me. I looked at it to see it was a text from Cameron.

"Good morning girl who is madly in love with me"

he said with a wink face.

"You're not really getting anywhere near gaining my trust again with those cheesy texts. And who even told you that?"

I texted back.

"Told me what?"

He replied instantly.

"I'm madly in love with you?"

I answered

"I'm madly in love with you too baby"

he texted back with a bunch of heart emojis. I groaned loud.

"You're stupid"

I typed in.

"But you still love me for it"

He then said. I didn't reply to that.

For the rest of the time I watched cartoons on TV until it was time to go pick up Kylie. I grabbed my keys and ran out the door, jumping into my car and turning on the engine. I drove to the airport and parked. I walked inside to see many people running around to get to their gates or to leave the airport. It was more crowded that usually but it was Christmas break after all, so many families would want to travel for Christmas which is totally understandable.

"Emily!" I heard someone call my name. I knew it was Kylie. I looked around, in attempt to spot her. I finally saw her running towards me with a huge smile on her face. I ran to her too, as she seeped her suitcase and backpack and jumped on me hugging me tight. "I missed you so much Best Friend" she squeaked. "So did I" I said between laughter. "We seriously have so much to talk about!" She smiled really hard and so did I as I nodded.

When we got to the car and Kylie put her luggage in the trunk, we started driving back home. "It's so beautiful here! And it's not so cold for winter. In New York were freezing" she said looking out of the window. "Yeah, it's actually great here" I nodded in agreement. "So tell me, what is happening with that 'mystery boy' and you" she smirked at me, changing topic. I hadn't updated her with the latest news. "Oh yeah, well we...um...broke up" I kept my voice calm and gaze on the road.

"Really? Uh, that's a bummer. I remember you being very excited about you and him" she patted my shoulder, I just shrugged. "Yeah kind of." I sighed. "Why did you guys break up?" She asked. "Let's talk about something else, should we? I'll tell you all about this story at home" I said, avoiding this conversation. She nodded. "So how is everything in NY?" I asked. "Oh, everything is pretty much the same. There is this new boy who is super cute and is in most of my classes. His name is Nate" she said getting excited as she talked.

"Ohh this sound interesting" I smirked at her. " Yeah, we have hung out a couple of times" she blushed. "I wonder if this is the beginning of a new romance" I wiggled my eyebrows at her. "And here we are" I took a turn to the right , getting to the street of my house. "I can't wait for you to meet my friends" I said as I parked the car in the driveway. We got out of the car and I helped Kylie with her suitcase as we walked up to the front door of the house. My mom opened the door with a huge smile. "Kylie sweetheart! I'm so happy you are staying with us. How are you?" Mom gave her a long hug. "Hi Mrs. Thomas. I'm good, thank you. And I'm very excited to be staying with you for a few days. Thanks for letting me" she said.

We walked upstairs to the guest room and I sat on the bed while she was unpacking. "So tell me, any other news? Except from this Nate guy" I giggled. "Well something happened almost a month ago by it is really nothing. I'm over it already" she shrugged her shoulders and I nodded. "Now your turn, what happened with that guy you were dating?" She stopped her actions and focused all her attention on me. "Well everything was going great until he had to go to New York for a month and stay with his dad. Well, apparently he cheated on me. Or kind of, I mean he kissed someone else which is still considered cheating" I said, explaining the whole situation and making it a s short as possible.

I could see her tense up, which was very weird. "You never told me his name though" she bit her bottom lip lightly. "Oh, his name is Cameron" I said looking down for a moment. Her eyes widened. "Everything okay?" I asked her with a frown. "Uh... Yeah, yes. I just think I forgot my straightener at home" she said going through her suitcase again. "Don't worry about that. You can use mine whenever you want" I assured her. "Thanks" she smiled a bit. "You must be tired. I'll let you rest. If you need anything just come to my room. It's the one down the hall" I stood up from the bed. "Thanks Em" she gave me a tired smile. "Anything for you" I gave her one last hug before going to my room.