25.

Emily's pov

It had been a week since Cameron left. We texted a lot and facetimed at least once a day. He had told me that him and his father got to spent some time together and that he was getting on well with his stepmother and stepsister. He seemed so happy every time I would see him. I was happy for him too.

"Emily, let's go for frozen yogurt" Matthew suggested. It was a Sunday evening, we were currently at my house, hanging out. I got to spent more time with Matt this past week. The truth was that I had missed hanging out with him since we always had fun. I would usually be with Cameron, that was why we kind of stopped hanging out often.

"Okay" I shot myself up from the couch and slipped on my shoes. We walked out of the house and got in his car. "You know, when I first got my licence, I almost crashed the car twice" he admitted laughing. "You always have the right thing to say and make me feel safe" I said sarcastically and he chuckled. "I have gotten much better tho" he pointed out. "Maybe I should drive. You know so we don't... Die or something" I said teasingly but he just shot me a look, started the car and pulled out of my driveway. I wasn't even scared though, I had been in the car with Matthew countless tomes and I knew he was a good driver. I just loved to mess with him.

We drove downtown. It was a pretty long drive but I enjoyed it. Matt pulled out in front of a small shop. It looked very cute. "This is it?" I questioned. "Yes. They have the best frozen yogurt in town!" he exclaimed. I hadn't had frozen yogurt in a while. We stepped out of the car and walked towards the entrance.

It reminded me of the time Matt had taken me out for lunch, back at the first day of school. It made me realise how long he's really been here for me. I smiled at the memory. We walked inside and up to the counter to order.

Once we got our frozen yogurt and paid for it, we decided to sit down at one of the small tables outside. The sun had started to set slowly. "Matt" I said, looking at him. He hummed in response taking a spoonful of his frozen yogurt. "Thanks for always being here for me" I smiled at him. I felt the need to tell him how thankful I was, but I didn't think he even realised the seriousness of my words. "Anytime" he smiled back. We continued eating in silence, as we watched the sky turn into pastel colours of purple and orange, and the cars drive by. I felt so in peace for some odd reason.

Once we were both done we agreed on going for a walk around. Met had his arm around my shoulder, making silly remarks as we walked past shops. "This kind of looks like me" he pointed to a picture of a male model as we walked outside of a clothes shop for men. "Not even one bit" I chuckled and he frowned. "Yes he does! Look" he said standing next to the model and mimicking his pose. I laughed. "Matt you're just embarrassing yourself" I shook my head, trying to control me laughing. "At least I'm making you laugh" he shrugged with a smile.

We continued walking for a little, before going back to the frozen yogurt place to get the car so Matt could drop me off at my house.

*****

I was walking with Mahogany towards the field. We had a free period and we decided to just go and sit at the bleachers since no one really went there. It was very peaceful. "So have you spoken to Cameron at all?" she questioned and I shook my head.

Just a few days ago we would talk and facetimed for hours. "He's rarely answering my texts, he doesn't pick up his phone when I call him, he basically just texts me once a day and that is if I'm lucky." I answered honestly. It seemed like he had been avoiding me. I understand that he's supposed to spent time with his new family, and I don't want to seem selfish but I can't help but want some of his attention as well.

"I'm sorry. Once he returns everything will be back to normal" she said, trying to comfort me. "I really hope so" I sighed. We got to the bleachers and sat down, no one was there, as expected. I pulled out my phone to see if I had gotten any texts from Cameron, but it was no use. "Look, don't get too upset over it. Just give him some space" she advised me.

Did he really need space? Was I being too clingy and annoying? Did he really feel this way and needed to get away from me? I felt my heart fall to the put of my stomach.

How could you be so foolish to fall in love with him?! He would never feel the same way towards you...

The voice in my head just kept repeating. At that point I didn't really know what to do or think. I didn't know where we were standing with Cameron. It all felt so different with him, so real. Yet, he showed me a new reality, one that I hadn't seen before. Was it all too good to be my life? Or was I just not enough for such good happy ending?

*****
Its quite short and generally trash but I guess I have to live with it. srry