39.

Emily's pov

I walked inside Cameron's hospital room. He was laying down in his bed, his eyes closed. I noticed a cast around his right forearm. He didn't look very injured to be honest, just his arm and a few scratches on his face but I was glad. "Stop staring you creep" he said smirking, his eyes still closed. I smiled to myself. "Are you feeling any better?" I asked approaching him. "I'm fine, I told you. I'm a man, I feel no pain" he shrugged, trying to seem tough. "It's okay to hurt Cam" I shook my head at him. "Oh good, cause my arm is killing me right now" he let out a breath he was holding in, causing me to giggle.

He finally opened his eyes. I sat next to him and  he gave me a weak smile. "Thanks" he said. "For what?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "For taking me to the Hospital" he explained. "Oh it's no problem. I mean, you basically fell off my balcony. I couldn't just leave you there" I lightly laughed, shrugging. After a few seconds of silence the door opened and his mom walked inside, a worried expression plastered on her face.

"Oh Cameron, hon are you alright?" She walked quickly next to him. I stood up from the bed and decided it was time for me to go. His mom was here now so he didn't really need me anymore. "Um, I'll be heading back home now. Cameron, I hope you get better soon and I'll see you around. Mrs Scarlet, it was nice seeing you" I said and she engulfed me into a hug. "You too sweetie. And thanks for taking Cameron to the hospital and calling me. I don't know what we would do without you" she said with a sweet and thankful smile. "Yeah, I don't know either" Cameron said. I glanced at him and he winked, causing me to blush lightly. "It was no problem whatsoever. Goodbye" I smiled kindly before walking out of the room and to the exit doors.

*****

I returned home and parked the car in the driveway. Once I walked inside, I closed the door behind me and went to the kitchen. "So that Cameron guy fell from the balcony? Is he okay?" Kylie appeared in the doorframe. "Yeah he is fine, he broke his arm but he is okay" I nodded. "Isn't he the one you used to date?" She knitted her eyebrows in confusion. "Yeah" I shrugged. "Why was he here?" She asked again, sitting on the counter. "Um, he wanted to hang out I guess" I took a bottle of water out of the fridge and took a sip.

"He seems like a good guy. Everyone makes mistakes, but you can tell he is trying to fix his" she said, fiddling with her fingers and looking down on the floor. "How would you know how he really is? You met him just today and you didn't seem too thrilled about it" i gave her a confuse look. "Just guessing" she bit her lip. "Anyway, I still don't know what I'll do with him. I mean, obviously I want to get back together but I guess I'll just see what happens" I sighed. She just nodded.

"Now tonight we're having a sleep over party just like old times. Go pick a movie and I'll get the popcorn ready!Hurry!" I smiled as I saw her jump off the counter excitedly. "Say no more" she grinned running upstairs.

The rest of the night consisted of us two taking, watching movies and laughing out our dorky jokes. But despite all that, I was still unable to get Cameron out of my head. His thought just kept popping in my mind, making me smile to myself. I wished he would text me goodnight like he always would, or say something cheesy that would keep me up all night just thinking about him. Separating from him was so hard and now I feel like I'm falling for him all over again. And all I want this time is to get a broken heart in return.

Kylie had fallen asleep already but my thoughts kept me awake. I had forgiven Cameron by now but I wasn't sure if I should fully trust him yet, although I wanted to. My heart said yes but my brain refused to give in so easily. I didn't want to suffer a third heartbreak but at the same time I didn't want to give up on Cameron and the love I had for him. I knew if I did, I would regret letting him go sooner or later.

My phone buzzed on the nightstand near my and I reached over to check who had texted me. I glanced down at the screen as Cameron name appeared. I raised an eyebrow in confusion, but I still couldn't conceal my happiness which was evident in the smile that spread across my lips.

"Goodnight beautiful. Sweet dreams. Oh and thanks again for today, next time I miss you I'll make sure to use the door" the text read.

I laughed to myself at the fact that yet again, he made my wish come true, without even knowing it. It was so sweet of him.

"Goodnight Cam" I texted back simply before turning off my phone and laying down. After almost an hour of tossing and turning around in the bed, I managed to fall asleep with the thought of a brown eyed boy in my mind.