55.

Emilys pov

I haven't talked to Cameron in two days, since our odd intercourse at the library. I've tried to call him but he wouldn't answer. He didn't show up at school yesterday, which made things even more suspicious. I was getting worried. I even went to his house a couple of times. It was either no answer or his mom saying that he wasn't home. It was very strange to me. Why would he be avoiding me? Had I done something wrong?

I tried to ask Nash or Matthew if they knew what was up with Cameron. So specific answer. "He's got some things in his mind, he is busy lately" they said. "Maybe you should just forget about him". What was that even supposed to mean?! He was my boyfriend, how could I forget about him, knowing he wasn't okay and was avoiding me for unknown reasons.

It was Saturday morning and I had just woken up. I didn't sleep well, because of all these suspicious events an behaviors. I got out of bed and walked to my window. I pulled my curtains to the side, looking over to Cameron's room. Dark, with the blinds closed. Yet again. I sighed. I couldn't waste another second, I quickly changed into a pair of jeans and one of his shirts, which he had left here once and I had kept it ever since, and slipped on my shoes. I was going to his house. I ran down the stairs and was out the door in no time. I ran up to his porch and knocked the door lightly.

I prayed that for this one time, if someone answered the door, that it would be actually him and not his mom. It needed to be him. I heard the squeaky doorhandle from inside twist open and there stood Cameron, rubbing his tired eyes.

I let out a sigh of relief. Once he finally removed his hands from his face, his eyes widened at the sight of me. I wrapped my arms around his torso and inhaled his cent. It was so relaxing to know he was okay. "Emily, why are you here so early?" He asked, his voice hesitant. "I have been trying to reach you for the past two days. Where have you been? What's going on?" I asked, looking up at him. He cupped my face with both his hands and pressed his lips together, lock-in his gaze with mine for a second before dropping his hands and looking away.

"I... I had stuff to do" he shrugged. Of course I didn't buy it. "And why have you been acting so weird? Are you trying to avoid me? Did I do something?" I bombarded him with questions once again. "Emily, that's enough with the interrogation" he gave me a firm look, but his features soon softened. "You'll get all your answers this afternoon, okay baby?" He placed his hands on my shoulders and planted a kiss on my forehead.

I have his a questioning look. "Why not now?" I asked. "Because I can't now. Emily, baby, please. Just wait until afternoon okay?" He looked deep into my eyes, almost as if he was begging be to jest let it go for now. I sighed and nodded. "I love you" he pulled me in a tight hug. "I love you too" I murmured back. I pulled away from the hug and got on my tiptoes to reach his lips. I pressed my lips against his, bringing him into a soft sweet kiss. "Goodbye Emily" he said once we broke away. "Bye" I said with a soft smile, caressing his cheek softly. "Until afternoon" I grinned at him and he half smiled. I turned around and ran back to my house.

*******

By the time the clock hit 6:00 I was already dressed and about to head to Cameron's, where we were supposed to meet so he could explain everything that has been going on those last few days. I slipped on my shoes and walked outside, after texting him I was on my way. But I soon stopped in my tracks when I noticed my whole group of friends sitting at the steps of his porch.

I walked over to the slowly, confused as to why they where all sitting outside. "Hey, guys?" I spoke up and all their heads turned my way. Their eyes widened, as Matthew stood up from his spot and walked over to me, letting a heavy sigh slip from his lips on his way. He came and embraced me into a comfortable hug, which I enjoyed, but was beyond confused to focus on. "What is going on? Where's Cam?" I asked and they looked alway. I turned to look at Matthew beside me, only to see him scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "What is up with you all?" I asked, my confusion turning into anger and irritation as I got no answer.

"He's gone" someone murmured, but it was Lou enough to for me to hear. "Who is gone?!" I asked again, raising my tone of voice. "He is gone, Emily. Cameron is gone. He left. He's not here nor is he coming back anytime soon" Nash stated sternly. I took some time to process the new information. "What do you mean?" I asked, my heart beating a hundred times faster, scared to hear the answer. Yet again, I got no answer.

I turned to Matthew with an annoyed expression. "What the hell does that mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Emily, Cam just left for New York. He's moving away, to live near his dad" he explained. I felt my heart deflate to the pit of my stomach and my eyes fill with tears. "Is this some stupid joke? Is this a prank you're pulling on me? Cause if it is, k swear-"

"Emily, Cameron has left!" Nash spoke again, dousing just as angry as I was. He didn't  turn to look at me. "He can't have left... We just talked a few hours ago. He said he was goin go explain everything" I ran my hands through my hair frantically, as I felt a sharp pain in my chest. "He said you were going to get your answers. He never said he would be the one to give it to you" Taylor mumbled, as he fiddled with his fingers. A single tear slid down my cheek.

"Why didn't he tell me? Why didn't he say goodbye?" By now, I was full on sobbing. I was finding hard to breath, as if someone was sucking all the oxygen out of my body. "He didn't want to upset you. He didn't want you to know, cause you would get hurt" Mahogany said in a low and sympathetic voice. "I'm hurting now! Did you know this all along?" I asked her and she shook her head no, pressing her lips together.

"He can't be gone..." I said, talking more to myself, trying to convince myself that this was all a lie.

But it wasn't.

Because Cameron did come back tomorrow, nor the day after that, nor the next week, month... He didn't come back. Cameron didn't reply to my calls. None of the hundreds of times I tried to call him did he answer. Wishing the next few weeks from the day he left, he disappeared. I tried to reach out to him in every possible way, but all I managed to do was fail. It was almost as if he was trying to erase me from his past, his memories. As if I never existed for him.

The next few months without any contact with him were pretty rough. I lost myself, trying to figure out the reason why he had stroke me out of his life in such a way. I thought to myself that maybe, if he had talked to me soon enough, we would have found a way to work things out, instead of just dumping me like I was trash. But then again, I don't think I have this much trust in me anymore, to make a long distance relationship work. It didn't work with Noah, not even for a day. It didn't work well with Cameron during the month he was away in New York for the first time either. Maybe I was just something I couldn't do. Maybe I was bound to lose everyone I cared about this way.

I keep wondering if I had done something so wrong to make him treat me that way. I knew I shouldn't be turning this to myself, I had to be strong, like I had learned to be. I had to be strong for myself. I couldn't let another boy destroy me again, I couldn't let myself be vulnerable because of a thoughtless guy. But maybe this was actually partly my fault. Maybe I never showed him how much I truly needed Cameron, or maybe I asked for too much, so much he couldn't see all I really needed was him.

He didn't make any of my wishes come true after all. But maybe that was my fault too, cause I never told him my one and only true wish, to just be with him forever.

The End

A/n: SOOO this is the end of Wishes I hope you enjoyed the book. I feel good for finally finishing it, since I feel like I had been dragging it out for too long. Also, I'm satisfied with the ending, because it gives me a possibility to maybe make a sequel of the book ( would you like that?) . This is exactly how I was imagining it. I'm aware that there are sooo many mistakes in it, so I'm letting you know that I will make sure to take some time and correct it all. THANKS EVERYONE FOR READING THIS BOOK! It is my first ever finished work! I appreciate everyone who took the time and read this book. Lots of loveee (;