32.

Emily's pov

"See you tomorrow" Dylan said, leaving my house once we were done with the project. It actually turned out great and we were both sure the teacher would be satisfied with our t job. "Bye" I said one last time before shutting the door. I walked back upstairs to my room, putting on some comfy sweats and a tee shirt while getting ready to start my homework. I took out my textbooks and all the homework I had to do. I put on my glasses and started solving a few problems our math teacher had assigned us to do at home.

I still remembered all the timed Cameron and I would sneak into each others rooms to help each other with homework or do it together, cause it was always much more fun like that. I remembered all the times he would say how I look cute in glasses and how he loved it when I wore them cause it made me look more sophisticated, but I would always deny it. I still remembered when he did silly things or when he would tickle me, just to make me laugh when I tried to be serious about homework. I still remembered everything and I missed everything.

I can't help but think how great things were between us. I wonder if I was the only one feeling this way. Cause if he felt the same way I did whenever he was around, nothing of all these things would have happened. We wouldn't be in such bad terms, I wouldn't be avoiding him but beyond all, we would still be together. It hurts me to know that all this had to end. I am just curious to know... Did I do something wrong? Did he just cheat on me for no reason? I wanted him to be in love with me like I was with him.

I wanted to tell him how much I loved him, but I just couldn't anymore. Cause we weren't anything anymore. There was no we. I let out a sight, as i glanced towards his bedroom. He was there, sitting on his bed and listening to music. I wanted to deny the fact that my heartbeat increased just at the sight of him as much as I wanted to deny that I missed him a lot. But I was scared. And I felt so overwhelmed at the time, I felt like I couldn't take it anymore. I was beyond hurt by every man I trusted in my life.

I felt like I needed someone who would be there for me, stay loyal and put me above any other girl. But I guess I was asking for too much. Boys are just trouble. I actually didn't need a boyfriend, I just always had this picture in my head, that I'd find someone who I would love and who would love me and be there for me. Someone to comfort me when I needed a hug. This doesn't exist in my life however, and I guess I had to admit it before being hurt again.

I shook my thoughts away. My phone rung. I grabbed it and answered, not bothering to see who it was. "Hello?" I said. "Hey! Emily, how are you? Guess what!" her bubbly and cheerful voice was heard through the phone. "Oh my god, Kylie?! I'm good, how are you? We haven't talked a lot lately" I smiled to myself. I missed Kylie a lot. "Great! So I have awesome news!" she squealed. "What is it?" I said, curiosity clear in my voice. "I'm coming to visit you for a couple of days during Christmas break!" she yelled and my eyes widened. "Really? Oh my god, I'm so excited to see you" I yelled back, jumping up and down like a little kid. "Yeah. I'm booking the tickets. I'll text you when I'm coming!" she laughed. "That's amazing. We'll have a blast" I couldn't help the smile on my face. "I know, can't wait. Hey, I gotta go. Well talk later. Love you" she said. "Bye, love ya" I said before hanging up.

*****

It was around midnight, and I couldn't get any sleep. I was turning and tossing around in my bed, huffing out of frustration. I just couldn't keep my eyes closed for over a minute. I sat up on my bed, looking around my room. I had nothing to do. I huffed again, swinging my legs to the side of my bed. My feet touched the flush carpet as I stood up. I grabbed my phone and called Mathew. It took him some time to answer.

"Emily, it's midnight for God's sake. Why would you call me" his whiney and raspy voice spoke through the phone. I silently laughed at the sound of him. "I can't sleep. And you're obviously not sleeping either" I said. "Well yeah, not anymore" he chuckled. "Sorry for ruining your beauty sleep. Wanna do something?" I suggested excited. "Like what?" he asked. "I don't know, let's go somewhere" I said and I heard him sigh from the other end of the line. "Okay. I'll be there in ten" he said and hung up.

I ran over to my dresser and grabbed some sweatpants and a sweater. I threw them on and slipped on my black converse. I fixed my hair up in a bun and waited for Matthew. Soon enough, my phone buzzed, indicating I got a text.

"Come down you lazy potato -Matt"

It read. I rushed downstairs and walked out of my house, finding Matthew sitting on the steps of my porch. Once he heard me he got up and smiled. "You owe me for this" he pointed a finger. "Oh hush. Let's just go" I flicked him off, laughing. "Let's go where?" he asked, running after me. "To that diner down the street. We'll get food and then go to your 'secret spot'. How does this sound?" I suggested smiling. "Perfect" he grinned, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on top of my head. "Come on" I grabbed his hand and we started running down the street, towards the small diner.