10.

Emily's pov

[lunch time]

I walked out of my class and toward my locker, to place my books and find Matthew. Once I reached my locker, I put the combination in and left my books, while grabbing some money from my bag so I would be able to buy lunch.

I walked towards the cafeteria to find Matthew. "Hey, Emily!" I heard someone say from behind, so I spun on my heel only to see Matthew running up to me. "Hey, there you are" I smiled. "Let's go" he said taking my hand in his and leading me outside. Once we walked outside, I saw Cameron leaning against a wall with his arm wrapped around a girl's shoulder. We made eye contact and I rolled my eyes annoyed.

"Where do you want to go eat?" Matthew asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Wherever you want" I replied and he nodded. We were walking towards his car, when I was suddenly pulled back by someone. I turned to see who it was, and unfortunately for me it was Cameron. "What do you want?" I snapped. "Emily, look I'm sorry for not taking you to school today or meeting up with you last night" he said.

"You stood me up. I thought I could count on you, I thought you'd help me out at my first day. But you don't have to, go back to your girlfriend cause she must be missing you " I rolled my eyes."Do you maybe want to get lunch?" he question, with sorry drawn on his face. "I actually have plans" I turned around and walked to Matthew's car.

When I got in the passengers seat, he turned on the engine and drove out of the school parking lot. "What happened with you and Cam?" he asked, gracing towards me. "Well, he basically stood me up to be with his girlfriend. This why I was late to class this morning. I don't care, it's whatever. He can do whatever he wants" I crossed my arms and sunk on my seat. "You seem a little pissed however" he chuckled. "I thought he would help me out. But thank God I have you, Mahogany and the other guys. I really don't know what I would be doing today without you" I smiled thankfully.
He pulled into a small diner and we go tour of the car. "Its okay, Cam can be with his girl. You have the chance to hang out with me, do you realise how lucky you are?" he smirked cockily. "Yeah yeah" I laughed. "Well, not to brag about it, but I'm much better" he joked. "I know" I agreed and he rested his arm on my shoulder.

He held the door open for me and we walked inside. He ordered a sandwich and I ordered a salad. We chatted and joked while eating. Finally, it was time to go back to school.

He drove us back and we said bye, heading to our lovers. I put the combination in and grabbed the books and notebooks I was going to need for the nest class. As I was about to shut my locker, someone slammed it shut causing me to jump. I looked to see a very angry Cameron. I sighed.

"You scared me" I gave him a dirty look. "So now what? Are you dating him?" he growled. "What are you even talking about?" I asked confused, yet annoyed. "You and Matt. I saw you guys at the diner. So now you're dating?" he spat. Why did he even care?

"You're being paranoid. Matthew is my friend and actually cared to help me out today, unlike you. And even if I did date him, why would that be a problem to you? Why do you even care?" I fired back. "I told you, I'm sorry. And I don't care at all. I shouldn't have bothered saying sorry anyway, since I'm not" he stormed off, leaving me alone in the hallways.
I was about to cry. For once again, I've been let down by a person I felt close to. First my dad, then Noah, now Cameron. I thought he would actually turn out to be different, but I guess I was wrong. The person I had gotten to know these pat days was gone, and replaced with someone I never wanted to have relations with. I never imagined that Cameron would even be that cold and harsh towards me, but I wasn't myself either. I hoped inside that he didn't mean what he had said, he was someone I really didn't want to lose from my life. He was a great part of it.

I walked in my Math class, and sat on the back of the room, doodling on my notebook. I didn't pay attention at all, I was too caught up in my own thoughts and problems.

[end of school]

I walked out of the school building and started walking back home. A car slowed down near me and I realised it was Matthew. "Are you always here to save the day?" I chuckled once his window was down. "Yep. Now get in I'm not letting you walk home" he smiled.

I quickly got in the passengers seat and thanked him. "No problem boo" he winked causing me to laugh. I instructed him, leading him to my house. Once we arrived, I thanked him once again and was about to get out of the car, when he locked the doors. I turned and gave him a confused look. "I will come over later to hang out" he smiled and I nodded, returning the smile.

He unlocked the doors and I finally got out. When I walked inside I saw my mother on the living room. "How was school?" she grined. "Depends on how you see it" I shrugged. "Why?" she questioned. "Well, Cameron stood me up and I had to walk to school, I was late to first period and I argued with him later. But me and Matthew had a nice time together and he kind of cheered me up" I explained. "I'm sure you'll make up with Cameron" she said.

I really hope so...