41

Emily's pov

I stayed there for a moment, processing everything that I had just heard. "I'll explain to her everything. Hopefully she'll listen to me. But we can't keep this secret anymore, she will find out sooner or later" Kylie said with a sad tone. I decided I've heard enough. I couldn't stand hearing anything else.

I walked back to the living room in a quick pace. "What did she say?" Asked Nash, once I sat down next to him. I kept staring at the floor, not answering. "You didn't tell her?" He asked confused. I just shook my head in response. Matthew came and knelt in front of me, a concerned expression on his face. "Is everything okay?" he whispered, dressing my cheek. I didn't want to upset the rest of the guys so I he to pretend very thing was fine. I nodded, faking a smile while fiddling with my hands. "Are you sure?" He held my hand tightly into his own. "Yes Matt. Everything is okay" I said. He just nodded, not wanting to pressure me more. Of course he knew I wasn't okay, he knows me so well. But he got the hint that I couldn't tell him right then, so he let it go.

He sat next to me, wrapping his arms around me securely. I suddenly felt the urge to cry, but I tried to brush it off so I wouldn't cause I scene. I didn't want to upset anyone else, me being upset was enough. Soon after, Cameron and Kylie walked back in the living room, Kylie carrying a bowl of popcorn and two bags of chips and setting them on the coffee table. Once Cameron's gaze fell on Matthews arms around me, his eyes saddened. He looked up to my eyes but I quickly looked away. I couldn't face him right now. I felt like if I did I would break down into tears, like I would feel all the pain and sadness I felt when he said he had cheated.

I had to take a few breaths. I stood up, blinking my tears away, Cameron's eyes still burning on me. "I'll go outside, I need some fresh air" I announced before walking down the hall and to the door that led at the back yard. Once I stepped outside, I felt the cold December breeze against me, causing goosebumps to rise on my skin. I went and sat at one of the chairs by the pool. I took in the fresh air, closed my eyes and let myself relax. 

I felt someone sit next to me, but I denied to open my eyes, mostly because if I did I knew all my tears would spill. "You can tell me what appended now" Matthews voice spoke soothingly and calmly from next to me. I sighed, opening my eyes and looking at him. My lip started trembling and I knew I couldn't hold it for much longer. He noticed, and pulled me over to sit on his lap. His arms embracing me into a warm and caring hug.

"I heard them. I heard them talking" I said as my voice cracked loudly. I was sobbing into his shoulder. "Kylie. She's the one- he cheated on me with" I said in between sobs. "Kylie?!" He said surprised. I nodded my head as more tears run down my face. "He didn't want to tell me. Why did it have to be my best friend, Matt? Couldn't it be somebody else? Why did this have to happen" I wiped my eyes with my sleeve, trying to calm down, my breathing still unsteady.

"I'm sorry Em. I'm really sorry" he said, pressing his lips on my forehead. "Please don't cry. I know it hurts but please, please don't cry. Your beautiful eyes shouldn't be shedding tears. Now calm down. It will be okay, I promise. I'm here for you if you need me. You'll find a way to get through this. I know you will" he held onto me tight, comforting me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gripped on his shirt like my life was depending on it. "You're so important to me Matt, I swear I'd be lost without you. You're the best friend I could ever ask for" I said, smiling into the crook of his neck.

"I know, I know. That's what I'm here for" he joked, causing me to chuckle. "Okay Espinosa, don't flatter yourself" I rolled my eyes playfully while smiling. "Here's the smile I wanted to see. Now let's go back inside. They're still waiting" he motioned towards the door and I nodded, whooping my tears stained cheeks and taking a deep breath. Stood up as well and grabbed my hand. He leaned in and placed a small kiss on my cheek, causing me to giggle, before we started walking back inside.

Once we reached the living room, everyone was talking about the club they wanted to go to tonight. I thought I'd talk to Kylie or Cameron for explanations some other time, not wanting to ruin everyone else's night. "Emily! I was looking for you! Come on, we have to go get ready for the club." Kylie exclaimed, running over to me with Mahogany, both of them grabbing each of my arms and dragging me upstairs.

*****

"Are you girls ready yet?" Yelled Dylan from downstairs. "Yeah coming" Mahogany shouted back. Mahogany and Kylie had decided for me to wear a white playsuit along with a pair of sandals. Mahogany had curled my hair and got my makeup professionally done. Kylie had worn a tight back dress that hugged her body perfectly, matching it with some black high heels. Mahogany had decided on. Place crop top with a maroon skater skirt and her black booties.

I wasn't really in the mood of partying tonight but I didn't want to ruin it for my friends, so I decided to put my thoughts me problems on the side for tonight.