34.

Emily's pov

I was woken up by the sun beaming through my window and hitting my eyes. I squinted my eyes and looked around my room. My gaze finally fell on my alarm clock on the nightstand next to me. My eyes shot wide open when I realised the time. "Oh my god" I yelled, shooting up on my feet and running to the bathroom. My alarm hadn't gone off this morning and now I was nearly late to school.

I washed and got dressed in whatever I found in front of me. I was pretty much panicking. Once I was ready, I grabbed my school bag and mine and Dylan's piece of art for the project we had to present today. I sprint downstairs and grab my keys from the kitchen counter, running out the door and jumping into my car as fast as possible.

I take a deep breath, before starting the car and driving to school. Once I got to the parking lot of the school, I heard the bell ring. "Oh god" I groaned in frustration. I quickly grabbed my things and ran through the school doors. The hallways were empty, which only meant that I was probably going to detention for being late. On the last day before Christmas break. Aren't I just lucky!

I walked on a fast pace towards my Biology class. I burst through the door, suddenly realising what I had done in rush. "Uh huh, Miss Thomas. You're late to class, I assume you already know it" she gave me a disapproving look. "I know Mrs. Lawrence, I'm sorry" I looked down and started walking to my seat. The whole class was looking at me. "Well, Miss Thomas, I'd like to see you in detention at the end of the day. We'll be able to discuss the reason of your late attendance to class" she said and I rolled my eyes.

I sat down on my seat, pulling my text books out of my bag. "Sorry boo" Matt whispered next to me while giving me a pat on the shoulder. I shrugged, not really caring. I was just annoyed that I had to stay in detention while all my friends would probably go out and have fun.

After school.

I was walking out of class with Dylan. "Wow, the teacher really liked our project" he nudged me with a smirk on his face. I just laughed lightly. "Want to go out and celebrate our success?" he suggested. I sighed, shaking my head in deny. "I have detention" I rolled my eyes annoyed. "Oh, have fun" he teased and I shot him a glare "You bet I will". "See you around" he smiled and hugged me, before heading out.

I readjusted my bag on my shoulder, walking fast towards room 43, where I was going to spent the next one hour and a half. As I open the door, my eyes almost fall out of their sockets. What was Cameron doing here? He didn't seem to notice me, looking down at his desk.
I took a deep breath, preparing myself for the longest one hour and a half of my entire life.

I made my way to the back of the class, he was sitting at the front desks and I wanted to be as far away as possible. I kept my back turned to him and didn't say a word. I just pulled out my notebook and started drawing again, it seems like that's what I always do. I was kind of hoping he wouldn't talk to me either. My hopes disappeared once I heard his voice. "I didn't see you coming in" he said approaching me and sitting at the desk in front of me, turning his chair to face me.

I glanced up with a raised eyebrow, before looking back down again. And just from the quick glimpse I got, I noticed he didn't have his usual smile on. It felt like an eternity that I hadn't seen his smile. "You're back to drawing I see" he tried to start a conversation but I just wasn't into it. "What are you doing here Cameron?" I said irritated . Finally a smirk crept on his face. "I heard you got detention. I knew I had to get too since you wouldn't be able to leave even if you wanted to so I could have the chance to talk to you at last" he explained.

"Cameron honestly-" I was cut off by his words. "I love the sound of my name when it's spoken by you. I missed your voice" he rested his chin at the palm of his hand while placing his other hand on top of mine. I let out a sigh, his touch caused me to shiver. "Honestly, there's nothing to talk about. We've broken up. There is no use in trying to explain anything. What's done is done" I pulled my hand away.

"Emily, you never hear me out. I'm not asking for much, I just want you to listen to me. I'm not asking you to take me back. I know I hurt you and let you down and I hate myself for it but I just can't let you go. Its been like two days and its killing me to not be able to be close to you. It was just a kiss Emily. One kiss. And it meant nothing, I swear! Just please let me tell out the whole story" he pleaded, his eyes desperate but still with a hint of hope.

That exact moment, Mrs Lawrence walked in the room."No talking in detention! Now turn to your desks please. Let's get this over with" she said, setting some paperwork on her desk. She sat down and started going through her papers. After about twenty minutes, Mrs Lawrence excused herself. "Keep it silent while I'm gone" she eyed us before leaving the classroom.

Of course Cameron wouldn't listen to her. He turned to me again, ready to spill everything out. "So, everything started ...