49.

Emily's pov

It was Christmas Eve! I was so happy and excited. I was jumping around the kitchen while Cameron was sitting on the island and chuckling at my childish behaviors and my mom, who was baking, was shaking her head at me. "She's such a kid" she commented and Cameron laughed. "Is this what happens every year on Christmas Eve?" He asked my mom and she nodded. "I think it's the time of the year when her inner child comes out" she replied. They were talking about me like I wasn't even there. "I'm here you know" I waved my hands and the laughed.

"I think I should get going. I don't wanna leave my mom alone" he jumped off the island. "I'll walk you out" I said and we started walking towards the door. Well actually, I danced my way there and he just followed me, laughing at my actions. I took his hand in mine and pulled him close while connecting our lips together. He kissed me softly but I deepened the kiss as I pushed him against the door and moved my hands to the back of his neck. "Baby, you know I have to leave. Don't tease me like that" he smiled against my lips and so did I. I pulled away and pecked his cheek. "I'll text you later" I smiled innocently. "K bye. I love you" he winked and I blushed. "Love you too" I said and closed the door as he walked out.

I walked back to the kitchen, where I was greeted with the smell of freshly baked cookies. I smiled to myself as I inhaled the scent and my mouth watered. "So it seems like things between you two are good" my mom said turning to look at me. I nodded my head, biting my lip to prevent me from smiling any wider. "Hey, mom I have to go. I'll be home soon" I said after I checked the time on my phone. "Where are you going?" She asked me disappointed. "Um, out with Matt. I promise I won't be late at all" I gave her an innocent smile before heading out the kitchen. I slipped on my shoes and walked out the door, where I found Matt waiting for me in his car.

I ran to the car and got in the passengers seat. "Hey" I smiled at him. "Someone is happy" Matthew commented with a small smirk. "You bet I am. It's Christmas Eve !" I squealed and he chuckled. "Let's go to the beach" Matt suggested. "Matt it's winter for gods sake. Get in the spirit!" I laughed and he pretended to be offended. "So what? People in Australia spend their Christmas on the beach" he tried to reason with me. "Just start the car" I shook my head laughing as we started driving towards the beach.

"It's windy and cold" I rubbed my arms trying to warm my body. "But it's still beautiful so stop nagging" Matt tickled my sides in attempt to make me smile. "I'm not nagging! It was your idea to come so it's your fault" I narrowed my eyes at him playfully. "Jesus Emily , you'll make me throw you in the water if you don't stop" he threw his head back groaning and I silently giggled. "Fine, it's nice but it's still cold" I crossed my arms over my chest. "That's it" he said standing up from the sand and pulled me up. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "Matthew stop it! Are you insane" I protested, trying to free myself but it was useless. "Matt please just stop, I'm serious!" I said but he ignored me and continued to walk towards the water. "Matthew I'm not kidding, stop! Please!" I said and he put me down right next to the water. I stuck m tongue out at him and he just laughed.

"I hate you" i started walking away and towards the car. "Hey" he yelled, running to catch up with me. "Did you seriously get mad?" He asked looking at me while wrapping his arm around my neck. I look at him and pretend to be angry but I fail at hiding my smile. He laughed and kissed my head as we were walking to the car. "Of course you're not. You can't get mad at THE Matthew Espinosa" he said with a smug smile. "Cocky much?" I raise an eyebrow and he nodded his head yes. "But you love me" he said proudly. "I don't" I stated. "Yes you do" he messed up my already messy from the wind hair. "No I don't" I fixed my hair and shot him a glare. "Oh come one. Who you tryin' to fool" he said as we reached the car. "K fine, maybe a little" I kept a straight face and it into the passengers seat. He laughed at my childish behavior and run around the car to get in the drivers side.

<< thanks everyone for 2k reads on this book. It means a lot to me. I'll try to update more often for you all ❤️>>