7.

Emily's pov

It was almost midnight when I turned to see the time on my alarm clock on the nightstand. I left the book I was holding in my hands on the bed and pulled a pair of leggings and a sweater out of my closet. I threw them on and slipped on my black vans as well. I grabbed my bag throwing some snacks, my phone, a notebook and a pen inside.

I tiptoed going downstairs, trying my best not to wake up my mom. She's been coming back from work late and needs rest, but I know she's still happy with makes me happy too. She worked at a magazine as reporter. She loved her job and was always satisfied. But she came back tired and went to sleep soon after she returned.

She didn't know about me going over to Cameron house. She knows him and I wouldn't consider what I was doing as 'sneaking out'. I was just hanging out with him in the middle of the night. Weird but I was okay with it. After all, I wasn't even doing it secretly, it was just that my mom wasn't aware of it.

I closed the door behind me carefully, so I wouldn't make a sound. I walked up to Cameron's door and knocked lightly. He opened after a few seconds, smiling once he saw me. "I see you got my message" he grined. "Yeah, and you could have just texted me" I chuckled whispering. "Where's the fun in that? I wouldn't have jumped from my balcony to yours if I had just texted you, which means no fun" he smirked. "Yeah, yeah" I said, not wanting to argue.

We got to his roof again and sat down. I pulled a pack of candy out of my bag and opened the package, offering Cameron some. He looked down at it and chuckled. "Really? You brought candy?" he laughed in disbelief. "Yeah and what's wrong with that?" I frowned. "Nothings wrong with it... If you're like four or five years old" he laughed. "More for me" I smirked and threw a handful of candy in my mouth. "You should share though" he smirked grabbing the pack from my hands and eating some. "Oh so you're five too now?" I teased.

I wouldn't usually be so confident with people, especially not that fast. But Cameron had made me feel differently from the first day. He made me feel so relaxed and comfortable with him that I had no difficulty in opening up to him. He had done the same too. I knew I dint have to worry about him using my secrets against me, he just wasn't that type of person.

We ate more candy and he talked for a while. I pulled out my notebook and pen and started sketching small random things. "You draw?" he asked, sitting up to get a better view of my notebook. "Eh, I do something" I answered continuing. "You should draw me" he smirked cockily. "Why are you so full of yourself?" I joked. "I'm not, I'm actually saying it for your own good. It would be a masterpiece." he flipped his imaginary hair, causing me to burst out laughing.

He laid back down on his back and I flipped to a new page on my notebook. I started drawing his posture, then his features on the paper, looking up to him and them back down on my notebook continously. "I see you staring you know" he chuckled. "Shut up I'm not staring at you weirdo" I stuck my tongue out at him. Once I was done sketching his figure I threw the notebook on his chest and laid on my back as well.

He picked it up and saw it. "What did I tell you? Masterpiece" he smirked and I rolled my eyes. "But seriously, it's really good Em. You're an artist" he admitted truthfully. "Em? What's that, my new nickname?" I raised an eyebrow. "I guess, but that's not the point. The point is that you really should go for it, you're awesome" he smiled. "You think?" I eyed him. "Yeah, totally" he nodded. I smiled and looked back up at the sky.

I saw a star fall. "Make a wish" I elbowed Cameron. "Why?" he asked. "A star just fell" I explained. "Okay. Now you make a wish" he said. I shook my head, denying. "Why won't you?" he asked confused. "I feel like I have everything I need" I smiled, staring up at the stars. "Well there's always something to wish for" he exclaimed. "Well I'm going to use the tree wishes you offered me in case of an emergency" I chuckled at the thought. "You do that" he pointed a finger and laughed along with me.

We staid in silence for a few minutes, enjoying the peaceful night. Cameron decided to break the quiet by speaking up. "What are your plans after you graduate?" he asked. I sighed before answering, "I've actually thought of going to some art school or maybe go to college... But I'm still not sure" I played with my fingers nervously.

"What about you?" I turned to face him. "Well, I've thought of going to college. I really want actually, but at the same time I want to travel the world and visit a whole bunch of places." he replied, and I nodded understanding. "that's a thought decision for you to make" I chuckled and so did he.

"Well I guess I should leave, it's getting too late" I gathered my things and threw them in my backpack. Cameron helped me down the roof and we walked downstairs silently. It was pitch dark, I could hardly make out Cameron's body near me. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow then" he whispered while stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Goodnight Cameron" I said and wrapped my arms around his torso. He soon wrapped his around my small body, "Goodnight Emily" he said.

I pulled away and walked out the door, running back to my house. I glanced back at him and he smiled, before waving and shutting his door. I walked into my house and tiptoed to my bedroom and. Once I reached my room, I changed into my pjs and threw myself on the bed, snuggling under the covers and soon falling asleep.