40.

Emily's pov

"Kylie! Come on. They'll be here anytime now" I yelled from the bottom of the staircase and saw Kylie run downstairs quickly. "I'm here, I'm here" she put her hands up in surrender.

We were expecting the guys and Mahogany to come over soon to meet Kylie. They would also all spend the night over. The door opened and both I and Kylie turned to see my Mom walking in with a bunch of bags from the grocery store in her hands. "Oh, girls. Can you give me a hand?" she pleaded and we walked over and grabbed the bags, taking them to the kitchen.

"So I thought that, since your friends are coming over, I would go visit grandma and check up on her so you kids can have the house to yourselves" Mom spoke as we started setting all the groceries in the cabinets. "Thanks Mom" I smiled at her. "I'm leaving, you kids take care. I'll be back tomorrow morning" she grabbed her car keys as she kissed us both goodbye. "Bye Mom" I waved and watched her as she shut the door behind her.

"So who are we expecting?" Kylie spoke up once we were done organizing the groceries. "Oh you'll see" I smirked. As if on cue, the doorbell rung. I ran to answer, revealing a smiling Matthew on my doorstep. "Hey you" he picked me up and spin me around, hugging me. "Hi Matt" I said between laughter. He kissed my cheek and put me down. Kylie walked out of the kitchen waving at Matt.

"Hi, I'm Kylie" she shook his hand. "Matt, nice to meet you" he smiled back at her kindly. We walked to the living room and started chatting, waiting for the rest of the group to come.

*******

By now everyone had arrived -well except Cameron who I realized wouldn't be joining us- and we were all seated in the living room. "So Kylie, how long will you be staying with us?" Nash asked. It looked like he had a crush on her, which I found extremely cute. "Um, not for too long. Just a couple of days. I'll have to leave before Christmas Eve" she said with a sad smile. "Oh, that's a bummer" Mahogany pouted. "Yeah, wish you could stay for a little longer" Dylan added.

There was a knock placed on the front door and I went to answer. "Cameron, I thought you weren't coming" I said once I opened the door, to come face to face with the brown haired boy from next door. "Sorry I'm late" he said. I let him walk inside and we both went to the living room. "Dude, what happened to your arm?" Taylor asked once he notice the cast on Cameron's arm. "I-uh- fell?" Cameron said scratching the back of his neck. "Oh man, get better soon" Matthew said with an apologetic smile. "Yeah thanks" Cameron said rather bluntly as he sat down.

I had noticed that Cameron wasn't the same towards Matt lately. Ever since I told him about our kiss, to be exact. But I wouldn't think it would affect their friendship that much, considering Cameron and I were not dating when it happened. "Cameron, this is Kylie-" Nash started to say but Cameron quickly cut him off. "Yeah, I've met her" he states with a half smile. "Oh" is all Nash says in response.

After a few minutes of silence, Kylie decided to speak up. "Um, I'll go get some snacks" she stood up walking off to the kitchen. "And I need to use the restroom" Cameron excused himself. The rest of us kept a conversation going. "Let's go party tonight" suggested Taylor. "Yeah let's go to a club and have some fun" agreed Carter. "I don't know guys... I don't wanna get in trouble" I looked at them cautiously. "Oh come on Emily. Have some fun. Don't be such a goodie goodie" Nash smirked teasingly. "Dude don't pressure her" Matthew said defensively. "I'm not, I'm just saying it would be fun" Nah put his hands up in surrender.

"Okay, I guess. I'll come" I shrugged, still not fully convinced this was a good idea. "Perfect" Taylor grinned. "I'll go tell Kylie" I stood up walking towards the kitchen. As I neared the door I could hear whispers. "No, we can't tell her!" I recognized Cameron's voice. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help myself as my curiosity got the best of me. "She's my best friend, I can't keep this from her!" Kylie's fought back. I hid behind the wall so they wouldn't notice me. I knew what I was doing was very bad, but I couldn't keep up with Cameron's secrets anymore. Not again.

"You can't tell her, please! She's just now starting to get closer to me again. I can't lose her! This will ruin all of my chances of winning her back. I just can't let myself hurt her twice" Cameron spoke in a pleading tone. When I heard the words coming from his lips I was instantly filled with mixed emotions. I was scared and anxious of what they could be talking about. But at the same time, I felt my heart melt at his words. He didn't want to hurt me anymore, he didn't want to lose me. Every time he would say it to me, it wasn't just to make me take him back, but he actually meant it.

"Cameron, you think that telling her will ruin your chances with her? It will probably ruin a friendship of so many years. You think I want to lose my best friend? Cause if that's what you think, let me tell you that you're completely wrong. But I just can't lie to her about something like this. It would hurt her more to know you and I both weren't honest about it. It's the right thing to do" she reasoned, her voice holding a calm and confident tone.

I heard Cameron sigh in response. But I was still very puzzled. What could they be talking about. I thought they met just yesterday. I knitted my eyebrows together, trying to find out what they could be talking about, trying to put the pieces together. Suddenly, an idea crossed my mind. It all fit together perfectly. That's why it was so weird and awkward when they supposedly 'first met' yesterday. It was because they knew each other already. How Cameron didn't want them to tell me because it would hurt me. It had to mean... that Kylie was the girl he cheated on me with.

My suspicions where confirmed once I heard Cameron's next words. "I just can't tell her I cheated on her with you. It will break her". And honestly, that moment I heard him say it, I also heard something inside me break. Something that was trying so hard to heal from the last time the same person broke it. I felt like all the air was knocked out of me.