2.

Emily's pov

I looked around confused, as I stepped out on the balcony. I was trying to figure out who had been throwing whatever it was at my window. I couldn't see anything or anyone. I sighed and went to go back inside, but just as I was about to do so I heard a male voice.

I didn't quite understand what exactly they said. I turned around once again but still couldn't see anyone. "Who is it anyway?" I groaned. "Hey there" the same voice said. I looked up to see a boy sitting on the roof of the house next door.

"Hi. And may I ask why have you been throwing stuff on my window?" I asked, crossing my arms. "Just because" he shrugged. I raised my eyebrow waiting for a better excuse. "I wanted to meet you" he explained, laying on his back.

"Hold on. I've got a series of questions. One: Who are you? Two: Why did you want to meet me? Three: How in the world did you get up there? Four: What could you possibly find up there to throw at my window? Five-" I was about to continue but his groans cut me off.

"You sure as hell are annoying. Do you ever stop?" he ran his had through his hair. "Why thank you. I can see you're a very kind young man" I said sarcastically, causing him to let our a faint chuckle as well.

"I live next door, I wanted to meet my new neighbour which I completely regret doing, it's not that hard to get up here, I threw random things I found in my pocket, cents or whatever. Are your questions answered now?" he answered my questions, looking down at the palms of his hands.

"Not quite yet. Can you please just get down here to have a conversation like normal people?" I questioned. "Who said I'm normal?" he answered with a smug smile. "Okay, whatever creep" I scoffed and went back into my room.

I laid on my bed since I had nothing to do. I decided to check up on Kylie. I grabbed my phone and texted her.

Emily: How have you been?

Kylie: Good I guess. I miss you

Emily: So do I.

Kylie: I'm sorry about Noah btw

I looked down at her text, curious as to what she meant.

Emily: What about him?

Kylie: Didn't you guys break up?

Emily: Um... No! Why?

Kylie: You better text him. I think he has something to tell you.

I was very confused. I searched my contacts, trying to find Noah's. When I did find it, I convinced myself it would be better to talk rather than just text. I pressed call and waited a few seconds. After three rings he picked up.

"Uh...Hi Em" he said hesitantly. "Hi. What's wrong?" I asked, getting worried. "Look Emily I'm very sorry" he sighed on the other end of the line. "For what? For not coming to the airport? Don't worry it's alright. I mean I wanted you to be there but I guess you had a good reason" I said truthfully.

"I trust you anyway" I smiled, though I knew he couldn't see me. "No Emily. I... I slept with someone else. That's why I didn't come at the airport." he sighed for what seemed the hundredth time. "You... You what?" I said, my voice cracking. I couldn't believe it. "How could you ever do this Noah? Why?" I cried and shouted.

"Baby let me explain" he sounded anxious. "You know what? Forget it. I don't need your bullshit. I wasn't even gone and you go and cheat on me? After three whole years of being together? In case you need me to make this official, we're done Noah" I shout and hung up. I felt like trash.

"Great, first day in Cali and everything's awful" I said to myself. "Honey you okay?" my mom asked from outside the door. "No mom I'm not" I sighed, hot tears streaming down my face. She walked in the room and came to sit next to me.

"Noah cheated on me. We broke up" I informed her and she gasped. "I'm really sorry baby." she said sympathetically. But for some weird reason, I was all good now. I mean, at first it was a shock and it felt like the end of the world, but I expected it to upset me more than what it really did. "Mom I'm good. I was expecting this anyway. We've been distant lately" I admitted.

"Well, you'll be able to move on. Cali boys are damn cute" she said, fanning herself with her hand. "Mom don't try to sound cool" I laughed. "It was worth the try" she defended and I laughed again.

"Now, you should get some rest sweetheart" she suggested and left the room. I snuggled under the covers and quickly fell asleep, thinking about that mystery boy next door.