21.

Emily's pov

The next morning I woke up alone. I assumed Cameron had left after I had fallen asleep last night. I looked around the room to make sure he was gone, my eyes still squinting. I stretched my arms as I stood up, walking to the bathroom. I took a shower, letting the hot water relax my muscles. I stepped out with my towel wrapped around me. I dried my body and hair and went to get dressed.

I decided on my light washed denim shorts along with my maroon crop top and my high top white converse. I decided to wear my hair in a high ponytail. As I applied some makeup, I heard myphone buzz on the nightstand. I walked over to it and grabbed it to see who had texted me. I notice several texts from Mahogany and the guys. I furrow my eyebrows confused. What was up with all of them?

I slide mu thumb on the screen, checking in St the texts I had from Mahogany.

"So you and Cameron huh?"

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I had told you he was into you"

"You need to catch me up with your gossip ASAP"

I laughed at all her text. The guys texts were similar, all teasing me about Cameron and I. I knew it was kind of unexpected and caught everyone by surprise.

I decided it was time to get to school before I was late. I walked downstairs grabbing my backpack on my way. As I walk out of the house, a car horn sounded startling me. I turn around to see Cameron laughing in his car seat right in front of my house. I give him a confused look. "What? You don't think I would let my girlfriend walk to school alone" he smiled, causing a small smile to form on my lips as well.

I get in the passengers seat and he stared at me grinning. "Good morning" he said and I chuckled. "Nice way to make my morning good, honking in my ears and scaring the crap out of me" I said, sarcasm laced in my voice. "Well your morning got ten times better just by seeing me" he smirked cockily. "Whatever helps you sleep at night" I nodded my head laughing

We parked at the school parking lot and got out of the car walking inside. Cameron had his arm wrapped around my shoulder. There were whispers in the hallways, once we stepped in. I looked around me suspicious, but Cameron continued walking confidently like it didn't bother him. He lead me to my locker. "Ill see you around babe" he kissed my cheek before leaving.

Did he just call me babe? It was the first time Cameron had called me that, and I felt my stomach flip. I smiled to myself while putting away my books. "Well, well" I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to see Andrea. She had, as always, her hair professionally done, her outfit fashionable and her makeup on point. I found myself wandering how much time it took for her to get ready for school, four hours or something?
"Hi, Andrea." I said, trying to hide my disgusted expression. "Look who it is Lacy! The slut that stole my boyfriend" she said to her 'friend' next to her. "Excuse you, you have no right to call me a slut since your opinion isn't based on anything true. And after all, I'm not the one making out with other guys in the library behind my boyfriends back" I said defending myself. I felt proud for standing on my own feet and confronting her.

She looked taken aback by my words. "Oh you're so going to regret that" she said getting closer to me. "Andrea, leave her alone" I heard a voice say as approached us. I looked to see Matthew, I gave him a thankful smile. "What's your deal" Matt said stepping in between me and her. "She's my deal" Andrea spat.

"Look, I'm not looking for trouble nor do I want to start a fight. Just leave me alone" I said to her. "Oh honey, I will leave you alone. I couldn't care less about your stupid relationship with Cameron. I don't even want him. And trust me, I know him better that you do, and his going to hurt you. He's just using you. Warned you soon enough" she slipped her hair and walked off, Lacy following behind her.

I looked up to Matthew, he looked concerned. I sighed, I knew I shouldn't listen to Andrea but her words somehow got to me. I guess deep down I had an insecure feeling about Cameron. Although he made me feel safe in his arms, I was afraid that I want good enough for him. I was just a nerd, he had popularity and fame. Why would he ever turn to look at me?

"Are you okay?" Matt placed his hand on my back. "Matt, do you think it is a good idea dating Cameron?" I sighed, afraid to make eye contact. "Don't mind Andrea, she's just-" I cut him off by saying "Matt, I'm asking you. Do you think it is a good idea? I know you want the best for me" I said looking up at him as we walked to class together.

"Honestly I don't know. Don't get me wrong but, I just don't know what he will do. I love both you and Cameron and trust him, but I really don't want him hurting you" he admitted. He wouldn't, right? "You think he would hurt me?"I questioned.

"I don't think he ever would" he sighed. "But just know I'm always here for you" he smiled down at me. I nodded, smiling back. "Now let's get to class, shall we?" he said linking our arms together and walking into class. He always knew how to cheer me up.