28.

Emily's pov

It had been a couple of days since Cameron returned. It hadn't been the same like before though. He seemed more distant, like he was hiding something. And it was bothering me a lot. I didn't want him to keep secrets from me. It was December, it would be Christmas soon. I didn't want to have any problems, I just wanted to be happy with him. It was all I asked for. I didn't want any worries or problems. All I wanted was Christmas with Cameron.

That Wednesday evening we had arranged to all meet up and hung out at Nash's house. It was almost seven and I was ready to head there. "Are you going out?" my mom asked me as I was walking towards the door. "Yeah, we're hanging out at Nash's house. I won't be late" I walked up to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Okay honey, have fun" she gave me a warm smile. "Bye" I called out before shouting the door behind me.

I got into my car and started driving there. His house was a bit far from mine, so it took me about 15 minutes to get there. Once I did, I parked the car in the driveway and walked up to his door. I knocked a couple of times, before he answered. "Hey Em" he said hugging me. "Hi" I said hugging him back. We pulled away and walked together back at the living room. Everyone was there. I greeted everyone and went to sit down next to Mahogany.

I glanced at Cameron. He looked not so happy, but something was off about him those last days and it was starting to worry me. He would never be like this around his friends. I knew something was bothering him, if only he let me know what that was. I decided to just leave it for the moment. He might cheer up later, he might just be in a bad mood today.

We just sat and decided to talk a little. Exchange news and and just chat about random stuff. "Do you guys know Lia Smith?" Nash smirked. "Yeah, she's in one of my classes" Taylor answered. "What about her?" Matthew asked. "I kinda like her. I'm going to ask her out" Nash smiled. Everyone cheered. "Awww Nashy has a crush" Mahogany cooed. "Shut it" Nash glared at her while blushing. Everyone started laughing. Everyone except Cameron. He wasn't paying any attention. He had zoned out, staring at the distance.

"Cameron? Are you okay?" I asked, causing him to turn and look at me. He simply nodded. "Dude, she's right. What is up with you?" Taylor asked. "Nothing, I'm fine" Cameron rolled his eyes. "You haven't said a word all night" Carter added. "I said I'm fine. Can you guys stop! Gosh" Cameron raised his voice. "Cameron! Don't be rude! Its not their fault that they care for you" I scolded him. "Can you live me alone?" Cameron hissed. "No, I can't. There is something bothering you. And I want to know what that is." I stood up from my seat. "Just drop it Emily! Gosh, why do you have to be so clingy?" he yelled, irritated.
Ouch. That actually hurt. "I'm not being clingy when I want to know what is bothering you! You're supposed to tell me everything. Aren't I your girlfriend?" I asked. "Of course you are" he said. "Then stop keeping things from me!" I said. "I-I can't tell you. I just can't!" he ran his hands through his hair frustrated. "Why?" I questioned. "Because I cheated on you!" he yelled.

My heart sunk to the pit of my stomach. I couldn't believe what I just heard. It felt like I had been stabbed in the heart with a knife. Like the air was sucked out of my lungs. I felt my head spinning and my breathing getting unsteady. "You did what?" I whispered. He fell back down on the couch with his hands running up and down his face. I wanted to say so many things right now. But I couldn't get one word out. "I'm sorry" he said, his voice sounding weak. I hadn't realised I had tears building up in my eyes until they all spilled, running down my face.

I didn't know what to do, or what to think. I grabbed my things and ran outside of the house toward my car. "Emily! Wait" I heard a voice calls from behind me but I didn't turn around. I was about to open the door to my car when a hand stopped me by grasping my wrist. "Emily..." he said. "Let me go Matt. It don't want to be here. I want to leave!" I yelled at him with tears in my eyes. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close in his chest, while I broke down sobbing and wetting his shirt with my tears. "Shh baby girl, it's okay. I know it hurts. Let it all out" he rubbed my back up and down, not letting me go.

I tried to control my tears, but they just wouldn't stop. The familiar feeling of being betrayed and let down was back. Though it hurt more this time. Because this time, it was caused  by someone I deeply loved. "I want to go home. Please, Matthew. I wanna leave. I don't ever want to see him again. Let me go" I pleaded, trying to catch my breath and calm down.

"Because I cheated on you!"  his voice would replay in my mind nonstop. "I'm not letting you drive. You're upset. I don't want anything bad happening to you. I'm driving you home" he said, caressing my tear- stained cheeks. I nodded in response, as one more tear fell from my eye and he wiped it with his thumb. "Thank you Matt" I hugged him tight and he kissed my forehead. "Anything for you"  he smiled down at me. But I was unable to smile back.

*****
I have so many ideas for this book. And btw I really like the cute 'Matthew and Emily moments'. I hope you guys liked this chapter, took me long enough to update but anyway. The story is now getting interesting.