Chapter 3

{Dick POV}

We just swinged off the building of where we met Emily and when we landed I punched Tim in the arm and so did Damian.

"I told you not to come! And what was that arm over her shoulder about!?" I said angry. Tim just laughed.

"Relax Dick, I just flirted a little bit with her, she's cute." Tim said. Damian was getting pissed off.

"Leave her alone Drake, she doesn't deserve boys like you!" Damian said.

"Ahw, scared I'll take your crush away?" Tim said laughing.

"Knock it off Tim!" I said. After that we came back to the mansion and Bruce asked us to come down to the batcave again. We all went down and he looked a bit worried.

"What's bothering you father?" Damian said.

"Emily, I did some research on her and found some things out I'm not so sure about." He said.

"Tomorrow I want you to three to try and get a DNA sample of her and her mother and father." He added. I looked at Tim and He looked at Damian. We were all just confused.

{Emily POV}

Today is the day. I'm going to a ball! My dad came in my room and said he had a surprise for me. He handed me a folded up note and left my room. I opened the note and saw that it was signed by Bruce Wayne.

'Dear Emily,

Since you just moved and haven't had anytime to get ready for the ball, I assigned a team that will help you with your dress, make-up and hair. It's the least I can do for you after you made those delicious cupcakes. The team will be waiting for you at the mansion by 1 o'clock. You also will be accompanied by an old friend of Dick.

Greetings,

Bruce Wayne.

I looked wide eyed at the note and jumped from excitement. I looked at the time, 11 o'clock. I got in the shower and put my clothes that I wore yesterday on. I must say,  Nightwing has good taste in clothing. I ate my cereal and played a bit on my phone and before I knew it was 10 to 1. I went downstairs and was about to grab a cab when I saw Dick in front of my apartment with the black car.

"I needed to pick you up." He said opening his arms asking for a hug. I gladly accepted. We were driving towards his house.

"Dick don't you have a date for tonight?" I asked him.

"Do you want to ditch Tim and go with me then?" He said laughing. I just rolled my eyes.

"No I was just curious, loverboy." I said back. He blushed a little.

"You know, you're one of the few people I know with brown eyes." He said.

"Well I'd rather have icy blue eyes like you, or emerald green ones like Damian." I said a bit sad.

"Yeah, but the most irritating thing about having light coloured eyes is that. Everyone. Just. Keeps. Staring." He said as if he was dead serious. I laughed.

"You know who loves brown eyes?" He said. I raised my shoulders.

"Tim." He said smirking. I blushed a little.

"Can you please stop smirking everytime you say something!" I said trying to hold in my laugh. We finally arrived at his house and Alfred was already waiting at the door. He welcomed me and took me to Damian's room. When we opened it I saw Damian on the ground doing push-ups.

"Master Damian, Emily came to visit and she needs your room to get ready for the ball." He said politely. Damian stood up and hugged me.

"Of course! If you need anything just say it." He said and left his room with Alfred closing the door behind him. I looked around and saw a couple swords hanging on his wall. I was curious and took one. I slid it out of his case and gave it a good look.